Rangers: Sather is history

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Do you think it's the coaching that is making this team stink so much? How can a team loaded with stars be so bad? The Yankees buy their stars and win championships. The Rangers buy their stars and suck every year! I hope a coaching change helps but it's too late for this year.

Report: Sather to step down as Rangers coach

NEW YORK (AP) -- Glen Sather will step down as coach of the slumping New York Rangers just more than a week after saying he would remain behind the bench for the rest of the season, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

Sather met with team owner James Dolan on Tuesday and decided to relinquish his coaching responsibilities, but will remain the Rangers' president and GM, the newspaper said, citing unidentified sources.

An official announcement was expected before practice Wednesday, the Post reported.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_y...aA--?slug=ap-rangers-sather&prov=ap&type=lgns

I honestly think its starts up higher in the chain than the coach. Make a higher change and see how things go.

I think the Rangers will continue to stink and Jackass is right!!!! they once were a good winning team!!!!! but that was ONCE!!!!! :D Must be NY??? something like the Giants!!!! hahahh

Originally posted by janeeng
I think the Rangers will continue to stink and Jackass is right!!!! they once were a good winning team!!!!! but that was ONCE!!!!! :D Must be NY??? something like the Giants!!!! hahahh

Ouch?? may be a move is in order??? south? Texas way???:eek:

No...they just have to have a managent team that holds PLAYERS responsible. I have not always agreed on how The Devils treat their players..but they get the MOST out of every player they have. Interlocking flock of fowrads my ass!!

I dont think Dunham sucks..former Devil..but he hasnt played his best thats for sure.

you guys!!! look at Chicigo...when is the last time that city won ANYTHING?? what..84 super bowl?? with the fridge....be happy you have all the pro times you have now....all that is here is the Titans...[a womans softball team :D ] and the preds..whhooppeee do-da....soccer??? thats what you do to the wife when she acts up,according to nieghbor..not to diverse here..

You can't buy success in the NHL, (see NY rangers) however Ottawa and Minnesota are examples of chemistry and harwork. Well, Minnesota was last year, anyhow, Ny needs to dump a few 'stars' and fill up on some role players and dudes who do the dirty work. Guys like Holik USED to be, Detroit has a bunch and the have a unity and a team first mentality (their captain plays on the grind line!) without that NY will continue to be a bottomless pit of wasted money and bad hockey!

Forum List

Back