Rangel learns what the underside of a bus looks like

Rangel Under Growing Pressure to Resign - CBS Evening News - CBS News

Democratic New York Rep. Charles Rangel's battle to beat back the ethics charges against him and stay in Congress took a major hit Friday from President Obama, who sent an unusually blunt message to a member of his own party in an exclusive CBS News interview, CBS News Correspondent Bill Plante reports.

"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served his constituents very well, but these allegations are very troubling," Mr. Obama said.

In an interview with CBS "Early Show" Anchor Harry Smith for "Sunday Morning" and Monday's "The Early Show," the president all but said Rangel should resign from Congress.

"He's somebody who's at the end of his career, 80 years old," Mr. Obama said. "I'm sure that what he wants is to be able to end his career with dignity, and my hope is that happens."

If this guy is as dirty as it appears, there are those who would fault Obama for continued support of him.

And don't we get Righties always complaining about Democrats supporting their dirty laundry?

:lol::lol::lol: Damned if you do, Damned if you don't, apparently.

"Recent comments by Sen. Lott do not reflect the spirit of our country," Bush said to loud applause. "He has apologized and rightly so. Every day that our nation was segregated was a day our nation was unfaithful to our founding ideals."

Compared to:

"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served his constituents very well, but these allegations are very troubling," Mr. Obama said. "He's somebody who's at the end of his career, 80 years old," Mr. Obama said. "I'm sure that what he wants is to be able to end his career with dignity, and my hope is that happens."

Yeah, Obama's statement was tougher. Bush's was "He made a mistake and he apologized, and rightfully so." Obama's is "Resign muthafucka, before you wind of dragging the the rest of the Dems up for reelection down".

Hmmm, reading between the lines of both: Bush called Lott out on racist talk, then got him out as Senate Leader.

What do you think will happen with Charlie?

Bush didn't get him out. As far as I remember, Bush was pretty aloof about the whole thing, 'cause there wasn't an election in less than 12 weeks with his party holding on by the thinnest of hairs.

Make no mistake about it though, Obama would be the same way as Bush was if there wasn't an election looming. Obama cares about retaining a majority, and if that means throwing a member of his own party to the sharks, well, so sorry Rangel. Hope you brought your swimming trunks ya fat old corrupt bastard. And vice versa with the Bush/Lott thing too. It's about retaining power (for both sides).

Last edited:

"Recent comments by Sen. Lott do not reflect the spirit of our country," Bush said to loud applause. "He has apologized and rightly so. Every day that our nation was segregated was a day our nation was unfaithful to our founding ideals."

Compared to:

"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served his constituents very well, but these allegations are very troubling," Mr. Obama said. "He's somebody who's at the end of his career, 80 years old," Mr. Obama said. "I'm sure that what he wants is to be able to end his career with dignity, and my hope is that happens."

Yeah, Obama's statement was tougher. Bush's was "He made a mistake and he apologized, and rightfully so." Obama's is "Resign muthafucka, before you wind of dragging the the rest of the Dems up for reelection down".

You wish RadioQueer......but the Obamarrhoid never stated that. Substituting your own verbiage ain't the same thing.

Yer not well informed on politics, are you?

Democratic New York Rep. Charles Rangel's battle to beat back the ethics charges against him and stay in Congress took a major hit Friday from President Obama, who sent an unusually blunt message to a member of his own party in an exclusive CBS News interview, CBS News Correspondent Bill Plante reports.

"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served his constituents very well, but these allegations are very troubling," Mr. Obama said.

In an interview with CBS "Early Show" Anchor Harry Smith for "Sunday Morning" and Monday's "The Early Show," the president all but said Rangel should resign from Congress.

"He's somebody who's at the end of his career, 80 years old," Mr. Obama said. "I'm sure that what he wants is to be able to end his career with dignity, and my hope is that happens."

1. he never said rangel should resign, although, to be fair, it was probably implied.

Reading between the lines, thats exactly what Obama is saying. Presidents don't ever come out and say "so & so of my party should step down". Ain't gonna happen. But this is about as strong a wording of such a president has ever given.

2. if he took any other position, i suspect you'd have a thread saying that he condones the things that rangel did because he's black and a democrat.

and you know i'm right about that.

Hi, I'm RadiomanATL. Perhaps we haven't met before?

no. i'm saying that the rightwingnuts who feel all victimized by the big bad black guy would say so.

Hi, I'm RadiomanATL. Have we met before? In case not, I assure you I am not a rightwing nut.

Well, a nut, yes. And rightwing, sure. But not nutty about the rightwing per se. I have a bad habit actually of calling the rightwing on their shit.

If this guy is as dirty as it appears, there are those who would fault Obama for continued support of him.

And don't we get Righties always complaining about Democrats supporting their dirty laundry?

:lol::lol::lol: Damned if you do, Damned if you don't, apparently.

I'm actually praising Obama for doing this (shhhh, don't tell the Republicans). Rangel should have been thrown under the bus about 4 months ago though, by members of his own party in congress. Would have gotten ahead of the curve of the election cycle and it would have been out of the news before election day. Now it looks like the two are going to hit close enough to the same time to be a problem for the Democrats.

Clearly Obama is racist - trying to keep down the proud Black Man that is Chaz Rangel!!!!

Seems like Obama took the wind out of Con sails in this case. If he had defended Rangel, you all would be jumping up and down whining as well.

Don't get yourself all in a tizzy, Charlie got himself into this mess, he'll have to deal with it.

Forum List

Back