Rangel learns what the underside of a bus looks like

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Rangel Under Growing Pressure to Resign - CBS Evening News - CBS News

Democratic New York Rep. Charles Rangel's battle to beat back the ethics charges against him and stay in Congress took a major hit Friday from President Obama, who sent an unusually blunt message to a member of his own party in an exclusive CBS News interview, CBS News Correspondent Bill Plante reports.

"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served his constituents very well, but these allegations are very troubling," Mr. Obama said.

In an interview with CBS "Early Show" Anchor Harry Smith for "Sunday Morning" and Monday's "The Early Show," the president all but said Rangel should resign from Congress.

"He's somebody who's at the end of his career, 80 years old," Mr. Obama said. "I'm sure that what he wants is to be able to end his career with dignity, and my hope is that happens."

he'll get a slap on the wrist...

obama and pelosi struck much harder at cons accused of similar actions

i thought blacks only knew what the back of the bus looked like?

Democratic New York Rep. Charles Rangel's battle to beat back the ethics charges against him and stay in Congress took a major hit Friday from President Obama, who sent an unusually blunt message to a member of his own party in an exclusive CBS News interview, CBS News Correspondent Bill Plante reports.

"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served his constituents very well, but these allegations are very troubling," Mr. Obama said.

In an interview with CBS "Early Show" Anchor Harry Smith for "Sunday Morning" and Monday's "The Early Show," the president all but said Rangel should resign from Congress.

"He's somebody who's at the end of his career, 80 years old," Mr. Obama said. "I'm sure that what he wants is to be able to end his career with dignity, and my hope is that happens."

What a Bert type reprimand that was of Obama. Politicians suck.

About as stern a reprimand/suggestion that I've seen a sitting president give a leading member of his party ever.

About as stern a reprimand/suggestion that I've seen a sitting president give a leading member of his party ever.

While we are agreed that politicians in general usually protect their own, I disagree that this time Obama was some tough guy.

Never said he was a tough guy. Just one of the toughest suggestions I've seen from a sitting president to a high echelon member of his own party.

A stale marshmallow is tougher than a fresh one too, but I wouldn't exactly call a stale one "tough" overall.

Charlie Rangel is not going to go quietly. He may be taking some of his own shots at Obama over that suggestion.

It may get very interesting.

Really? CNN.com - Bush calls Lott comments 'offensive' - Dec. 13, 2002

"Recent comments by Sen. Lott do not reflect the spirit of our country," Bush said to loud applause. "He has apologized and rightly so. Every day that our nation was segregated was a day our nation was unfaithful to our founding ideals."

Compared to:

"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served his constituents very well, but these allegations are very troubling," Mr. Obama said. "He's somebody who's at the end of his career, 80 years old," Mr. Obama said. "I'm sure that what he wants is to be able to end his career with dignity, and my hope is that happens."

Yeah, Obama's statement was tougher. Bush's was "He made a mistake and he apologized, and rightfully so." Obama's is "Resign muthafucka, before you wind of dragging the the rest of the Dems up for reelection down".

obama's is "resign muthafucka, before you wind of dragging the the rest of the dems up for reelection down".

$obama-sunglasses-2.jpg

Really? CNN.com - Bush calls Lott comments 'offensive' - Dec. 13, 2002

"Recent comments by Sen. Lott do not reflect the spirit of our country," Bush said to loud applause. "He has apologized and rightly so. Every day that our nation was segregated was a day our nation was unfaithful to our founding ideals."

Compared to:

"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served his constituents very well, but these allegations are very troubling," Mr. Obama said. "He's somebody who's at the end of his career, 80 years old," Mr. Obama said. "I'm sure that what he wants is to be able to end his career with dignity, and my hope is that happens."

Yeah, Obama's statement was tougher. Bush's was "He made a mistake and he apologized, and rightfully so." Obama's is "Resign muthafucka, before you wind of dragging the the rest of the Dems up for reelection down".

Hmmm, reading between the lines of both: Bush called Lott out on racist talk, then got him out as Senate Leader.

What do you think will happen with Charlie?

Forum List

Back