Randy Moss

no1tovote4

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colorado
What do you think about Randy Moss "mooning" the fans?

I thought it was hilarious and so long as no actual crack was involved it was only that.

So long as he can back up his antics with production I think it is kind of like Muhammed Ali talking smack about his opponents.

:moon4:

no1tovote4 said:

I thought it was hilarious and so long as no actual crack was involved it was only that.

So long as he can back up his antics with production I think it is kind of like Muhammed Ali talking smack about his opponents.

I didn't see it, so I can't comment. But I tell ya, that fro made him look like Eddie Murphy's 'Buckwheat' character from SNL.

freeandfun1 said:
I didn't see it, so I can't comment. But I tell ya, that fro made him look like Eddie Murphy's 'Buckwheat' character from SNL.

I was thinking of Huey from the Boondocks comic strip, but Buckwheat gives the right kind of picture as well.

no1tovote4 said:

I thought it was sorta tacky until Tony Dungee backed him up and said that the Green Bay fans always moon the losing teams bus as they leave Lambeau. If they do that, Moss got the last laugh--BIG TIME !

I had to post because I knew someone would bring it up.

If you have lived in either MN or WI, you KNOW the border battle gets pretty nasty. We have no other major teams other than Da Bears to 'harrass'.

nearly every sporting goods store or t-shirt store at the MoA has at least one shirt that features anti-Packer stuff.

As far as Moss goes, most of us minnesotans know that he's not always the most mature one of the team. But that's Moss for you. I would say that 99% of us thought it was funny, but nothing to get ruffled about. If you've seen one butt, you've seen them all.

I have since rewatched this. Randy Moss wasn't mooning them.

He pretended to take a crap and wipe himself on the goal post.

He used the football as the "tootsie roll" dropping it behind him, then turned his back to the goal post and pretended to use it to wipe himself.

I may have to change my opinion, that may be a bit too far.

freeandfun1 said:
agreed. unsportsmanlike conduct.

I agree, I just don't think it is as funny as I first thought. I wasn't watching that carefully before but now that I have seen it again I have a whole different feeling about it.

When you pay immature people millions to perform and they then do something imature, don't be surprised. He makes money for the league--when the league starts to suffer because of goofy post play antics they will do something about it. It's a business that we pay to watch.

dilloduck said:
When you pay immature people millions to perform and they then do something imature, don't be surprised. He makes money for the league--when the league starts to suffer because of goofy post play antics they will do something about it. It's a business that we pay to watch.

Get you head out of your ass, man! We do pay for this and we love it. The NFL is modern day answer to Gladiatorism; please or scorn the crowd by any means neccessary. Next year, Packers fans will be buying up all of the tickets for the Vikings game. Why? Because they are hoping a Packer safety will fly across the field and land a killer hit on Randy Moss, leaving him hurt on the field; and the crowd will roar!!!

You conservative sports fans crack me up...

"Do-de-do-de-do.. I scored a touchdown. I waive to the crowd, I hand the football over to the referee; after that, I'll shake my fallen opponent's hand and wish them good luck on the next possession. Then after that, I go to the bench, pray to GOD, blow kisses to my wife and children, then find time between possessions to ponder my charity options and to find my chi. After the game, I will donate my entire check to charity, thank GOD for my great day and pray for world peace."

SHHHHHIIIIIIT!!!

Only a person who has a vast knowledge of sports history can truly understand that the more things change, the more things stay the same when it comes to sports.

The outlawing of killing is what separates football from the ancient sports; however, the behaviour patterns are still much the same; doing whatever it takes to please or scorn the crowd.

Quit fooling yourselves and go see "The Games"

hylandrdet said:
Get you head out of your ass, man! We do pay for this and we love it. The NFL is modern day answer to Gladiatorism; please or scorn the crowd by any means neccessary. Next year, Packers fans will be buying up all of the tickets for the Vikings game. Why? Because they are hoping a Packer safety will fly across the field and land a killer hit on Randy Moss, leaving him hurt on the field; and the crowd will roar!!!

"Do-de-do-de-do.. I scored a touchdown. I waive to the crowd, I hand the football over to the referee; after that, I'll shake my fallen opponent's hand and wish them good luck on the next possession. Then after that, I go to the bench, pray to GOD, blow kisses to my wife and children, then find time between possessions to ponder my charity options and to find my chi. After the game, I will donate my entire check to charity, thank GOD for my great day and pray for world peace."

SHHHHHIIIIIIT!!!

Only a person who has a vast knowledge of sports history can truly understand that the more things change, the more things stay the same when it comes to sports.

The outlawing of killing is what separates football from the ancient sports; however, the behaviour patterns are still much the same; doing whatever it takes to please or scorn the crowd.

I believe I just said that ----

hylandrdet said:

SHHHHHIIIIIIT!!!

Hee Hee! I said nothing about throwing him to the dogs, or that he should be praying. I was wondering what others might have thought about the particular action he took.

I'm back to funny again. I just can't get mad at the guy for this, he can actually back up his antics with some of the best play you have ever seen. It would be kind of like getting mad at Muhammed Ali for talking smack. Many people did get mad, but he always was able to back up his words with action.

no1tovote4 said:
Hee Hee! I said nothing about throwing him to the dogs, or that he should be praying. I was wondering what others might have thought about the particular action he took.

I'm back to funny again. I just can't get mad at the guy for this, he can actually back up his antics with some of the best play you have ever seen. It would be kind of like getting mad at Muhammed Ali for talking smack. Many people did get mad, but he always was able to back up his words with action.

Compared to some of the other crap on TV these days, this was mild to say the least!

fuzzykitten99 said:
The squatting thing was actually a different part of the game. I guess from what I hear now, he faked pulling his pants down and bent over, shaking his butt. Everything else I heard before said he DID drop trou and let it shine.

No, he faked mooning the crowd.

no1tovote4 said:
No, he faked mooning the crowd.
that's what i meant...i probably wasn't clear.

the Packers aren't even all that whipped up about it. the thing they ARE pissed off about is when Moss walked on one of their banners or something after the game. I heard that from a guy who was traveling to Chicago from Mpls on Monday, who called into the morning show that I listen to.

fuzzykitten99 said:
that's what i meant...i probably wasn't clear.

the Packers aren't even all that whipped up about it. the thing they ARE pissed off about is when Moss walked on one of their banners or something after the game. I heard that from a guy who was traveling to Chicago from Mpls on Monday, who called into the morning show that I listen to.

LOL the fans have themselves a chump for sure---and vice-versa. I can just hear it when he steps onto Lambeau next year !! Quite the sideshow ~~

Forum List

Back