Randy Moss: Once a Jerk Always a Jerk

Randy Moss scored 23 touchdowns in 16 games....

Rice did it in 12...

As a player, Moss is not even in the same league as Rice...

As far as I'm concerned Moss and TO can be put in a bag and dropped off a bridge together. They ARE in the same league.

At least T.O. recognizes the fact that he has issues.... But Besides that....Your right

As far as I'm concerned Moss and TO can be put in a bag and dropped off a bridge together. They ARE in the same league.

I think TO has mellowed out a lot, myself. Only time will tell that one. In contrast, Moss just seems to get worse.

The media's just as much to blame. They know they can get some trash out of certain players and they head straight for them.

I think TO has mellowed out a lot, myself. Only time will tell that one. In contrast, Moss just seems to get worse.

The media's just as much to blame. They know they can get some trash out of certain players and they head straight for them.
It is a shame when so much talent gets mixed up with a personality like that. Moss has made some of the most amazing receptions I have ever seen. Today my favorite player takes the field, Brett Farve. Now there is talent and class in one package. I love watching him play. It is never boring and as they say, someone always wins because of his play. Just sometimes it's not the Packers. I wonder what Farve could have done throwing to a player like Moss or Marvin Harrison.

He needs to be hit in the mouth on the line of scrimage a couple times and he will shy away from making some of those catches.

He needs to be hit in the mouth on the line of scrimage a couple times and he will shy away from making some of those catches.
Moss is a jerk it's true, but now you advocate dirty play to beat him? How about superior defensive play instead.

Moss is a jerk it's true, but now you advocate dirty play to beat him? How about superior defensive play instead.

Just get rid of that sissy rule change and stuffing him at the line would be legal like it used to be. I guess I should add the rules changes have ALSO made the Randy Moss's.

I recall Fred "The Hammer" Williamson of the Chiefs talking stuff about injuring Jim Kiick back in the early 70s and Larry Csonka had an open field and ran out his way to flatten Williamson. People who used to run their mouthes didn't last too long back then.

Just get rid of that sissy rule change and stuffing him at the line would be legal like it used to be. I guess I should add the rules changes have ALSO made the Randy Moss's.

I recall Fred "The Hammer" Williamson of the Chiefs talking stuff about injuring Jim Kiick back in the early 70s and Larry Csonka had an open field and ran out his way to flatten Williamson. People who used to run their mouthes didn't last too long back then.
From film I've seen, there wasn't too many people Csonka couldn't flatten, including most defensive linemen. I read that Larry Csonka and Floyd Little were in the same backfield in college at Syracuse University. That must have been something to see.

From film I've seen, there wasn't too many people Csonka couldn't flatten, including most defensive linemen. I read that Larry Csonka and Floyd Little were in the same backfield in college at Syracuse University. That must have been something to see.

I didn't see Csonka and Little play in school. Imagine living in South Texas during the 60s with 3 network channels and 1 PBS. We didn't see Syracuse games down here.

My father was stationed in Miami during the Dolphins' heyday and I saw every game. Csonka was pretty much unstoppable. If you needed 1 yard for a first down, he'd get you 4. If you needed 5 yards for a first down, he'd get you 4.:rofl:

What they are not recognized for is their defense. The year they went undefeated, Griese went out halfway thru the season. Earl Morrall won the remainder of the regular season games, but it was the Dolphin defense's ability to shut down opposing offenses that gave them that undefeated season as much as anything else. While Morrall was a competent backup, his ability was to not lose games more than actually win them and he was one of the best in that role.

All that aside, the first time Randy Moss ran his mouth if he played back then, there were more than a few safeties in the league that would have just stuffed his ass along with his big mouth into the turf before he got out of his stance.

And he'd only run across the middle on Dick Butkus, Ray Nietschke or Jack Lambert once.:cool:

Teams from the 70's, and 80's wouldn't stand for "in your face" antics.

I can't remember what year it was, but the Oakland Raiders was playing the San Diego Chargers in a "nothing" game, Oakland had already wrapped up the conference, and this was the last game of the season. San Diego had a rookie running back, that had been running wild over the Raiders through the first half. After he would make a big gainer, he'd strut like a rooster, it was starting to wear on the Raiders. Not really a team you wanted to piss off.

The second half started, and away from the ball this giant defensive end for the Raiders gave a forearm to the Chargers running back, pointed at him, shook his finger, and walked away.

Couldn't hear what was said, but the running back put a lid on the show off shit.:eusa_whistle:

The Jags controlled Moss yesterday. The only team left that can possibly beat the Pats, IMHO, are the Colts. But they need to get past SD today.

Forum List

Back