Random Truths

".... progressive income tax applies equally...."

You have a facility with language....just not the English language.

Prove it doesn't. The progressive income tax divides earnings into brackets, and all earnings in each bracket are taxed the same.
I dont think she understands how it works.

Most reactionaries don"t. They think if, say your income reaches the 30% bracket that dollars 1 through dollar x are ALL taxed at 30%.

It doesn't work that way.

Dollar 1 for a guy making 100k a year is taxed the same as dollar 1 for a guy making 35k a year.

It's a common mistake.

Hey....look who showed up...posts #13 and 14.....Thelma and Louise!

If they each had half a brain, they'd still only have half a brain.
^ hypocrisy of her own Op.
And the irony in your post. Grow up.

Dear chics, simply lying to us and letting us miss our turn is not a very saleable skill set.

does simply being honest with us require too much bravery and too much "equality"?

As you have been unable to cite any such lies on my part.....

....you must be the one lying.

See what you missed out on by not taking 'Logic'?
There are so many conservative commentators, and conversations, that have contributed to these truths....you may recognize some of your words, as well.....

1. The Left survives on demonization of the Right…rather than debating ideas: they teach their drones that the Right is not wrong, but evil…
  2. The minute you envy another, your happiness is injured,and breeds unhappiness. Religious folks tend to be happy with what they have. Thus Marx hated that view because the Utopia had to be here and now…
  3. Government must be limited in scope Madison: laws must be simple clear few. Must be understood by all: otherwise it is government by experts, bureaucrats and technocrats. a. Sure enough, Liberals snap to attention when they hear 'studies show....'
  4. Unlimited opportunity can only come with limited government.
  5. What leftism has done to every profession is to put leftism above being good at the task…
    a. Famine under communist rule in the USSR is a perfect example.

6. The danger is not a man like Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting the office of the presidency to a man like Barack Obama

7. The mind of the Liberal: Whatever they imagine, they believe must be imposed.

8. For Liberals, wishful thinking substitutes for an understanding of reality…thus…the view of the Arab Spring as a good thing…and overthrowing of Mubarak in favor of the Muslim Brotherhood

9. We want liberty…but mistakenly say democracy…you can have democracy but deprive people of liberty (see Egypt)

10. If the desire is for a ‘level playing field,’ how to explain progressive income tax?
it amazes me how you keep with the 1,2,3,4,5.,6,7,8,9,10 things of total bull shit ... the things you say about liberals ... what they are, or what they believe, is you showing how stupid you really are ...

Doesn't it amaze you that every single thing I say about Liberals/Progressives/Democrats is true and accurate, and I am able to document, link, and source all of 'those things.'

And....I do it without having to use the vulgarities that you Liberals/Progressives/Democrats regularly do?

And thank you for helping me prove one more 'Random Truth'.....Liberals/Progressives/Democrats have no class.

Now, write soon, y'hear?
Actuallyl they aren't true they are accusations that haven't any bases to them ... just your opinion of what you think a liberal is
you said ...
1.The Left survives on demonization of the Right…rather than debating ideas: they teach their drones that the Right is not wrong, but evil…
the fact that you don't like the answer from a liberal doesn't mean they are demonizing the right ... debate a Idea ??? you have never debated an Idea yet that Ive seen ...all you do is call us drones, sheep, and that's your debate in any of your 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, Post all you do is go off the assumption of what you say, not think, but say a liberal is... just like you did here ...
you said
2.The minute you envy another, your happiness is injured,and breeds unhappiness. Religious folks tend to be happy with what they have. Thus Marx hated that view because the Utopia had to be here and now…

this is the biggest crock of shit I've read to date... when a dems says the Religious people don't have the right to force their views on others, you and others like you come out with we hate Jesus or some other crock of shit ... we say a women has the right to choose ...you came back and say were a bunch of baby killers ... what's does that have to do with the women's right to choose ..just because we believe that a woman has the right to do with her body what ever she wants to ... you on the right can't grasp that thought ...you on the right believe you have the right to tell a woman what she can and can't do...
you said
3. Government must be limited in scope Madison: laws must be simple clear few. Must be understood by all: otherwise it is government by experts, bureaucrats and technocrats. a. Sure enough, Liberals snap to attention when they hear 'studies show....'

really, you want to say that ??? when we hear experts tell us information its now bureaucratic or technocrats??? this is moronic thinking on your part... what else do we have to rely on if we don't rely on the experts and the technology around us ... I realize you used the word technocrats... that you demogoging the democrats with word play ... if you want to rely on the church or wally down the street for your understanding so be it ... I rely on good experts and good science ... not some nut say what they believe is the truth like you do ... you saying we snap to attention is you being a bully towards us ...just becasue we hear some one speak about science ideas or giving us information .... you hate the Idea ... you hate the thought that we think first before we leap ... you hate the idea that we form our ideology around science and information... sad I say just plain sad on your part...

you said

this one I had to do my best to keep from laughing at you ... in the early 1900 the republicans led by this limited government Idea ... they said we don't need these regulations that cause companies to fail, banks to be able to make money... well come 1929 we all learned the hard way about how republicans think about regulations by all their deregulations we had the great depression... her comes 2007 ... here we go again ... 1999 we deregulated the bank ... this was start of the failing banking system .... Phil gram passing legislation saying that borrowers didn't have to have stellar credit to get a loan... why??? well Phil was leaving the government to go to the private sector .. to do what ??? make banking loans ... in 2003 phil wrote the American dreamdown payment bill... gave it to his republican legislators friends where the bill deregulated the loans laws even more ... they made it where banks didn't have to verify a loan ... because the loan was insured by AIG ... Aig didn't have to verify the bulk load just because the bank said the were good loans ... what happen their with that great deregulation ??? the banks sold bulk loans to unsuspecting loaners ... places like Fanny mae, freddie Mac, what happen their ??? they all defaulted because AIG said they were insured and we all found out they weren't ... so when you say opportunity can only come with limited government??? for who does the opportunity come to ??? not us we all lost out 401 k's retirements becasue of these so call limited government that you subscribe to....

you said
What leftism has done to every profession is to put leftism above being good at the task…

when we on the left say a farmer has to stop using a certain pesticide its because the science has shown that it has cause cancer or some other deformity in humans ... I deem that as being a good task ... the fact that you don't care what it causes to humans, tells us on the left you really don't care about peoples lives ... that you only care about how much money you're going to make on the deaths of others ...
\
you said
6. The danger is not a man like Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting the office of the presidency to a man like Barack Obama

if the republicans allowed obama to pass the legislation that he felt would turn the country around, we would have been better off, in my opinion ... the fact that you take people like Boehner and McConnell Ideals is in your best interest, all it has done it stop anything that obama want to do ... that's fine, but don't come here and try to imply liberals citizenry isn't capable of understanding, what we as liberals believe as being uninformed ... you said we rely on science and technology to form our opinions on this so don' try this we are ignorant because we don't support your ideals of bend over here it comes ...

you said
7. The mind of the Liberal: Whatever they imagine, they believe must be imposed.

lets see the race to space a liberal imposition .. allowing the use of stem cells another liberal imposition build road and water for the country another liberal imposition ... the fact that you don't like a liberals Idea doesn't make it being imposed on all ... it imposes only on republicans who don't like the idea that by doing this it will improve the lives of the people in the country ... you don't like that Idea ... fine we get it ....

I have to say that I appreciate the effort you've put into these several posts, and that you've eschewed vulgarity.

Both, rarities from a Liberal.

I believe I've already given my response to most of it, but, be assured, we will meet again on this field of battle.

Just a parting jab: you Liberals have had total governance for most of the past 6-7 years, and an effete GOP for the rest....

...and the result has been abject failure both in domestic economic policy and in foreign policy as well.

That should tell you something.

Bullshit fuzzy math. The link spends a whole page qualifying their estimates . Total lowballing .

Iraq alone is considered to cost over a trillion .

Iraq is estimated to cost $6 trillion with added interest.
the biggest propblems with republicans is they don't like the numbers when its put into their face ... the old deny button comes out ... right now the Afghan war has cost the US 6 trillion dollars ... and still you don't hear these republicans screaming about the debt their ... the feel hell lets start up a war in Seria ...l we can win it... then complain about the debt going out of control because some people are on welfare

Who did the estimating, some Liberal?

Here's a number for your some people on welfare. Since Obama took office, an increase of 70% has occurred with food stamps. Somewhere in the mid 40 millions are using them. There are record numbers no longer in the workforce.

Since Liberals started the war on poverty, $22 TRILLION have been spent on social welfare programs. The current percentage on welfare if the same as it was just before that $22 trillion was wasted.
if you want to tell lies fine, I cant stop you... the welfare program is .008% of the national budget where ever you get theis 22 trillion dollars is beyond ... we set a budget of, I believe its 3 trillion dollars, this past year with a 500 billion dollar debt ... so how do you came up wit this 8 times the cost of the national budget of 3 trillion dollars cost the tax payer 22 trillion dollars ??? well. you're telling a whopper here thats for sure... now food stamps... food stamps isn't welfare its the food stamp program ... your republican buddies the love to through that in with welfare ... sorry charlie ya can't... you can work a full time job and get food stamps ask the people at Walmart they'll tell they do... it amazes me how ignorant you are ...

10. If the desire is for a ‘level playing field,’ how to explain progressive income tax?

The progressive income tax applies equally to everyone. The taxable income you earn in each bracket is taxed the same as everyone else who earns money in that bracket.

Prove it doesn't. The progressive income tax divides earnings into brackets, and all earnings in each bracket are taxed the same.

"Proceeding in steps;continuing steadily by increments:"
Progressive - definition of progressive by The Free Dictionary

1. "Having the same quantity, measure, or value as another.
2. Mathematics Being the same or identical to in value."
Equally - definition of equally by The Free Dictionary

And what's really funny, you dope, is that English isn't even my first language.

Do you have a first language?

The current lowest tax bracket is taxable income from 0 to $8925. The rate is 10%. Everyone's taxable income in that bracket pays 10%.

That is equality. What part of that don't you understand?

Dear chics, simply lying to us and letting us miss our turn is not a very saleable skill set.

does simply being honest with us require too much bravery and too much "equality"?

As you have been unable to cite any such lies on my part.....

....you must be the one lying.

See what you missed out on by not taking 'Logic'?
There are so many conservative commentators, and conversations, that have contributed to these truths....you may recognize some of your words, as well.....

1. The Left survives on demonization of the Right…rather than debating ideas: they teach their drones that the Right is not wrong, but evil…
  2. The minute you envy another, your happiness is injured,and breeds unhappiness. Religious folks tend to be happy with what they have. Thus Marx hated that view because the Utopia had to be here and now…
  5. What leftism has done to every profession is to put leftism above being good at the task…

8. For Liberals, wishful thinking substitutes for an understanding of reality…thus…the view of the Arab Spring as a good thing…and overthrowing of Mubarak in favor of the Muslim Brotherhood

9. We want liberty…but mistakenly say democracy…you can have democracy but deprive people of liberty (see Egypt)

it amazes me how you keep with the 1,2,3,4,5.,6,7,8,9,10 things of total bull shit ... the things you say about liberals ... what they are, or what they believe, is you showing how stupid you really are ...

Doesn't it amaze you that every single thing I say about Liberals/Progressives/Democrats is true and accurate, and I am able to document, link, and source all of 'those things.'

And....I do it without having to use the vulgarities that you Liberals/Progressives/Democrats regularly do?

And thank you for helping me prove one more 'Random Truth'.....Liberals/Progressives/Democrats have no class.

Now, write soon, y'hear?
Actuallyl they aren't true they are accusations that haven't any bases to them ... just your opinion of what you think a liberal is
you said ...
1.The Left survives on demonization of the Right…rather than debating ideas: they teach their drones that the Right is not wrong, but evil…
the fact that you don't like the answer from a liberal doesn't mean they are demonizing the right ... debate a Idea ??? you have never debated an Idea yet that Ive seen ...all you do is call us drones, sheep, and that's your debate in any of your 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, Post all you do is go off the assumption of what you say, not think, but say a liberal is... just like you did here ...
you said
2.The minute you envy another, your happiness is injured,and breeds unhappiness. Religious folks tend to be happy with what they have. Thus Marx hated that view because the Utopia had to be here and now…

this is the biggest crock of shit I've read to date... when a dems says the Religious people don't have the right to force their views on others, you and others like you come out with we hate Jesus or some other crock of shit ... we say a women has the right to choose ...you came back and say were a bunch of baby killers ... what's does that have to do with the women's right to choose ..just because we believe that a woman has the right to do with her body what ever she wants to ... you on the right can't grasp that thought ...you on the right believe you have the right to tell a woman what she can and can't do...
you said

really, you want to say that ??? when we hear experts tell us information its now bureaucratic or technocrats??? this is moronic thinking on your part... what else do we have to rely on if we don't rely on the experts and the technology around us ... I realize you used the word technocrats... that you demogoging the democrats with word play ... if you want to rely on the church or wally down the street for your understanding so be it ... I rely on good experts and good science ... not some nut say what they believe is the truth like you do ... you saying we snap to attention is you being a bully towards us ...just becasue we hear some one speak about science ideas or giving us information .... you hate the Idea ... you hate the thought that we think first before we leap ... you hate the idea that we form our ideology around science and information... sad I say just plain sad on your part...

you said

this one I had to do my best to keep from laughing at you ... in the early 1900 the republicans led by this limited government Idea ... they said we don't need these regulations that cause companies to fail, banks to be able to make money... well come 1929 we all learned the hard way about how republicans think about regulations by all their deregulations we had the great depression... her comes 2007 ... here we go again ... 1999 we deregulated the bank ... this was start of the failing banking system .... Phil gram passing legislation saying that borrowers didn't have to have stellar credit to get a loan... why??? well Phil was leaving the government to go to the private sector .. to do what ??? make banking loans ... in 2003 phil wrote the American dreamdown payment bill... gave it to his republican legislators friends where the bill deregulated the loans laws even more ... they made it where banks didn't have to verify a loan ... because the loan was insured by AIG ... Aig didn't have to verify the bulk load just because the bank said the were good loans ... what happen their with that great deregulation ??? the banks sold bulk loans to unsuspecting loaners ... places like Fanny mae, freddie Mac, what happen their ??? they all defaulted because AIG said they were insured and we all found out they weren't ... so when you say opportunity can only come with limited government??? for who does the opportunity come to ??? not us we all lost out 401 k's retirements becasue of these so call limited government that you subscribe to....

you said
What leftism has done to every profession is to put leftism above being good at the task…

when we on the left say a farmer has to stop using a certain pesticide its because the science has shown that it has cause cancer or some other deformity in humans ... I deem that as being a good task ... the fact that you don't care what it causes to humans, tells us on the left you really don't care about peoples lives ... that you only care about how much money you're going to make on the deaths of others ...
\
you said

if the republicans allowed obama to pass the legislation that he felt would turn the country around, we would have been better off, in my opinion ... the fact that you take people like Boehner and McConnell Ideals is in your best interest, all it has done it stop anything that obama want to do ... that's fine, but don't come here and try to imply liberals citizenry isn't capable of understanding, what we as liberals believe as being uninformed ... you said we rely on science and technology to form our opinions on this so don' try this we are ignorant because we don't support your ideals of bend over here it comes ...

you said

lets see the race to space a liberal imposition .. allowing the use of stem cells another liberal imposition build road and water for the country another liberal imposition ... the fact that you don't like a liberals Idea doesn't make it being imposed on all ... it imposes only on republicans who don't like the idea that by doing this it will improve the lives of the people in the country ... you don't like that Idea ... fine we get it ....

I have to say that I appreciate the effort you've put into these several posts, and that you've eschewed vulgarity.

I believe I've already given my response to most of it, but, be assured, we will meet again on this field of battle.

Just a parting jab: you Liberals have had total governance for most of the past 6-7 years, and an effete GOP for the rest....

...and the result has been abject failure both in domestic economic policy and in foreign policy as well.

It should tell everyone you're either ignorant or lying. The economy, for starters, is indisputably better than when Obama took office.

y
ou do realize how false your parting though is here.....
Obama first year in office how many senator did he have ??? 59 ... we had to wait for a full year for Al Frankin to be sworn in ... in the start of the second year we lost another senator that put us back to 59 ... we had 60 senator for 8 days of those 8 days 3 of them the congress was out ... so we dems/ linberals never had the super majority ... to make congress work these days just having the majority won't get anything done... you have to have the super majority and you know it ... so for you trying to float this idea we got nothing done you are right the republicans filibuster every thing we tried to get done ... we never had the 60 votes to over ride their filibuster and you know this ... for you to say we got nothing done is you being disingenuous ...I disagree her we got a lot done ,,,with all of the republicans filibustering, we still turn the work force around ... the market went from 7000 to 18000 that I say is a great accomplishment even thought we had republicans fighting us every step of the way .,.. imagine if the worked with us???

P.S. if you're going to debate truthfully, then use accurate facts ...your parting shot isn't accurate at all .. its a talking point that republicans uses time and time again ... that makes republicans look ignorant of the facts ...

from 2007 to 2015 the dems never had the super majority longer then 8 days that's a fact

Last edited:

Bullshit fuzzy math. The link spends a whole page qualifying their estimates . Total lowballing .

Iraq alone is considered to cost over a trillion .

Iraq is estimated to cost $6 trillion with added interest.
the biggest propblems with republicans is they don't like the numbers when its put into their face ... the old deny button comes out ... right now the Afghan war has cost the US 6 trillion dollars ... and still you don't hear these republicans screaming about the debt their ... the feel hell lets start up a war in Seria ...l we can win it... then complain about the debt going out of control because some people are on welfare

Who did the estimating, some Liberal?

Here's a number for your some people on welfare. Since Obama took office, an increase of 70% has occurred with food stamps. Somewhere in the mid 40 millions are using them. There are record numbers no longer in the workforce.

Since Liberals started the war on poverty, $22 TRILLION have been spent on social welfare programs. The current percentage on welfare if the same as it was just before that $22 trillion was wasted.
if you want to tell lies fine, I cant stop you... the welfare program is .008% of the national budget where ever you get theis 22 trillion dollars is beyond ... we set a budget of, I believe its 3 trillion dollars, this past year with a 500 billion dollar debt ... so how do you came up wit this 8 times the cost of the national budget of 3 trillion dollars cost the tax payer 22 trillion dollars ??? well. you're telling a whopper here thats for sure... now food stamps... food stamps isn't welfare its the food stamp program ... your republican buddies the love to through that in with welfare ... sorry charlie ya can't... you can work a full time job and get food stamps ask the people at Walmart they'll tell they do... it amazes me how ignorant you are ...

You couldn't be more wrong.
You could try, but you would fail.

FederalSpending.jpg

Federal Spending In One Beautiful Pie Chart

The progressive income tax applies equally to everyone. The taxable income you earn in each bracket is taxed the same as everyone else who earns money in that bracket.

"Proceeding in steps;continuing steadily by increments:"
Progressive - definition of progressive by The Free Dictionary

1. "Having the same quantity, measure, or value as another.
2. Mathematics Being the same or identical to in value."
Equally - definition of equally by The Free Dictionary

And what's really funny, you dope, is that English isn't even my first language.

Do you have a first language?

The current lowest tax bracket is taxable income from 0 to $8925. The rate is 10%. Everyone's taxable income in that bracket pays 10%.

That is equality. What part of that don't you understand?

So, your post admits that no one outside of that limited example pays that rate.
Excellent.

What part of that don't you understand?

y
ou do realize how false your parting though is here.....
Obama first year in office how many senator did he have ??? 59 ... we had to wait for a full year for Al Frankin to be sworn in ... in the start of the second year we lost another senator that put us back to 59 ... we had 60 senator for 8 days of those 8 days 3 of them the congress was out ... so we dems/ linberals never had the super majority ... to make congress work these days just having the majority won't get anything done... you have to have the super majority and you know it ... so for you trying to float this idea we got nothing done you are right the republicans filibuster every thing we tried to get done ... we never had the 60 votes to over ride their filibuster and you know this ... for you to say we got nothing done is you being disingenuous ...I disagree her we got a lot done ,,,with all of the republicans filibustering, we still turn the work force around ... the market went from 7000 to 18000 that I say is a great accomplishment even thought we had republicans fighting us every step of the way .,.. imagine if the worked with us???

P.S. if you're going to debate truthfully, then use accurate facts ...your parting shot isn't accurate at all .. its a talking point that republicans uses time and time again ... that makes republicans look ignorant of the facts ...

from 2007 to 2015 the dems never had the super majority longer then 8 days that's a fact

Let's cut to the chase: he has been an abject failure in both domestic and foreign policy.....that would be Liberal/Progressive/Democrat policies.

The only failures more ignominious than Obama himself are his voters.

".your parting shot isn't accurate at all ."
I'd be happy to document same....just say the word.

The progressive income tax breaks down income into brackets. A certain tax rate is applied to the money you make within that bracket.

If you make money in a given bracket, you pay the same rate on it as anyone else.

And that's equality under the law?

Why brackets on incomes and not on benefits?

The progressive income tax breaks down income into brackets. A certain tax rate is applied to the money you make within that bracket.

If you make money in a given bracket, you pay the same rate on it as anyone else.

it's always funny to see radio talk show hosts preaching about "working hard"

I got quite a chuckle when rapist/racist Democrat/Liberal Presidents did the same...

"...and I need to go back to work for the American people."

I guess we know what "work" means to rapist/racist Democrat/Liberal Presidents.

I got quite a chuckle when rapist/racist Democrat/Liberal Presidents did the same...

off point... and overblown anyway

That's not one of your best meltdowns but it makes the list for today's meltdown contest.

Brackets assume that it is fair to tax a person's first dollars of earnings at a lower rate than his higher ones on the grounds that money in the lowest brackets is more likely to be used for necessities.

It seems fair that the money you spend on food and clothing ought to be taxed less than the money you spend for expensive toys.

off point... and overblown anyway

A play on words?????

Forum List

Back