Random thoughts

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
A progressive income tax is essential to our way of life; too much wealth in the hands of too few is the death knell for a Republic;

We must respect the earth and protect it from those who do not;

A living wage protects all and fuels the economy; a maximum wage protects the republic;

Free speech shall not be abridged, nor a license to commit bribery (Citizens United v. FEC was a wrongheaded decision);

Guns kill. A civilized society recognizes this fact and seeks ways and means to reduce murder;

Declarations of war against a noun are absurd (war on poverty, war on terror, war on drugs);

Problems need to be defined before solutions are implemented. Before solutions are implemented they need to be vetted, honestly and openly;

One man, one vote; in congress and throughout the land;

Universal preventative healthcare (a dollar of prevention is worth 100 dollars of cure);

Put America and Americans first; rebuild our infrastructure with American products and American labor.

a maximum wage protects the republic

Wait. What?
Guns kill

Independently and without someone wielding them?
Declarations of war against a noun are absurd

What about a proper noun, like Nazi Germany?
Universal preventative healthcare (a dollar of prevention is worth 100 dollars of cure);

Nice rhetoric. What's your proposal, exactly?

You do have more than slogans and catchphrases, right?

Only people kill people.

People with guns and mega clips can kill even more people.

It is better to say nothing and be considered a fool, than post your thoughts and confirm it.

You did and I do.

Frankly, personal attacks are not substantive; I can make a case for each 'foolish' thought but the willfully ignorant won't read let alone consider anything which might shake their belief in the immutable truths they hold dear.

Better I post a long essay of quotes from some obscure author blaming all of today's ills on President Wilson or FDR?

It is better to say nothing and be considered a fool, than post your thoughts and confirm it.

You did and I do.

Frankly, personal attacks are not substantive; I can make a case for each 'foolish' thought but the willfully ignorant won't read let alone consider anything which might shake their belief in the immutable truths they hold dear.

Better I post a long essay of quotes from some obscure author blaming all of today's ills on President Wilson or FDR?

I couldn't give a shit what you post. But you are aware, I hope, that I'm not the poster who blames all our ills on Wilson or FDR, right? I think you're confusing me with Political Chick. I could blame this confusion on the left's inability to distinguish between individuals.... a 'group think' problem.

a maximum wage protects the republic

Wait. What?
Guns kill

Independently and without someone wielding them?
Declarations of war against a noun are absurd

What about a proper noun, like Nazi Germany?

Nice rhetoric. What's your proposal, exactly?

You do have more than slogans and catchphrases, right?

Yep.

"Guns kill. A civilized society recognizes this fact and seeks ways and means to reduce murder"

Cars kill. A civilized society requires a license to drive and prohibitions against driving under the influence; denies the privilege to drive if one has certain physical or mental issues.
Cars themselves are limited as to horsepower and are required to have safety features, they are licensed so as to allow for their identification if and when they cause harm.

You did and I do.

I couldn't give a shit what you post. But you are aware, I hope, that I'm not the poster who blames all our ills on Wilson or FDR, right? I think you're confusing me with Political Chick. I could blame this confusion on the left's inability to distinguish between individuals.... a 'group think' problem.

Dear sweet child, it is not always about you. The first paragraph spoke to you, see in particular the comment on the willfully ignorant; the second paragraph was generic and though confusing to you (for it's always about you, isn't it?) it was not. See crusaderfrank and politcal chick for easy reference.

Right! The only fair and balanced way to go is with a "flat tax." :)

Hmmm.
"A progressive income tax is essential to our way of life; too much wealth in the hands of too few is the death knell for a Republic"

Consider a society where the wealth is concentrated in the hands of the few. Actually, consider the U.S. today.
How much influence do you have? How much influence does big oil, big pharma, big farma, big banks or the insurance industry have?

Forum List

Back