Random Searches

Nuc

Jul 10, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Now they are starting random searches on the NYC and DC subways. This is prompted by something that happened in London. Last I heard London was not even part of this country.

I guess the prohibition against unreasonable search and seizure does not extend to "idiotic search".

We know who the terrorists are. Why search randomly? Search people who might be terrorists. Searching a teenyboppers guitar case or some old ladies gym bag will not make anybody safer. The US government are the terrorists now, because they are terrorizing innocent citizens with their foul searches.

This is an issue all Americans should be able to agree upon. It cuts across left/right boundaries. Everyone is being violated.

nucular said:
Now they are starting random searches on the NYC and DC subways. This is prompted by something that happened in London. Last I heard London was not even part of this country.

I guess the prohibition against unreasonable search and seizure does not extend to "idiotic search".

We know who the terrorists are. Why search randomly? Search people who might be terrorists. Searching a teenyboppers guitar case or some old ladies gym bag will not make anybody safer. The US government are the terrorists now, because they are terrorizing innocent citizens with their foul searches.

This is an issue all Americans should be able to agree upon. It cuts across left/right boundaries. Everyone is being violated.
Make it easy for us--give us a list of all the terrorist cells in the US. I 'll take it from there

nucular said:

AWESOME! Search MORE. In fact, if a cop sees a brother and even THINKS the brother may be doing something wrong? Shake him down.
NOBODY is being violated - that's rhetoric and drama and liberal whining.

And when a bomb explodes in a NYC Subway car and kills 30 people, tell this to the family members of those who died.

I'm betting money they will disagree.

GotZoom said:
And when a bomb explodes in a NYC Subway car and kills 30 people, tell this to the family members of those who died.

I'm betting money they will disagree.

I can see it now... "Oh...but we didn't want to TROUBLE the guy...I mean...he has civil rights, ya know? So WHAT he was wearing a winter parka downtown in a subway, carrying two suitcases, and a backpack. So WHAT there were wires connecting said backpacks...we SURELY can't (gasp!) ask him WTF is going on, now, can we?"

Bleedingheart libs annoy me.

-=d=- said:
I can see it now... "Oh...but we didn't want to TROUBLE the guy...I mean...he has civil rights, ya know? So WHAT he was wearing a winter parka downtown in a subway, carrying two suitcases, and a backpack. So WHAT there were wires connecting said backpacks...we SURELY can't (gasp!) ask him WTF is going on, now, can we?"

Bleedingheart libs annoy me.

I guess you guys scored pretty low in "comprehension" on your reading tests. If you read my post you will see that I am complaining about RANDOM searches. Then you bring up examples of cops searching suspicious characters. That would not be random. That would be reasonable. And that's not what my post is about.

nucular said:
I guess you guys scored pretty low in "comprehension" on your reading tests. If you read my post you will see that I am complaining about RANDOM searches. Then you bring up examples of cops searching suspicious characters. That would not be random. That would be reasonable. And that's not what my post is about.

Stop whining. You can't have it both ways, kiddo. I'll make a deal with you - The first time you are personally and harmfully affected by a random search, I'll make you a SuperModerator, and send you $500.

It simply won't happen. You won't be harmed. You won't be killed. At worst? You'll have to stop for, oh, 20 seconds and cooperate, as a GOOD citizen should, to make the community safer.

boo-f'ing-hoo.

Yeah....waste of time....pissing people off......

NEW YORK — Alarmed by a new round of mass transit attacks in London , police in New York began random searches of bags and packages brought into the city's vast subway system.

The inspections started on a small scale Thursday in Manhattan and were expanded during Friday morning's rush hour — a development welcomed by some commuters.

"I'm not against it," Ian Compton, 35, a computer consultant, said at Grand Central Terminal in Midtown Manhattan. "I think any measures for safety that aren't terribly intrusive are worth doing."

Officers, some with bomb-sniffing dogs, were stopping people carrying bags as they entered subways, commuter trains, buses and ferries at various points in the city, police said. Anyone who refuses a search will be turned away, and those caught carrying drugs or other contraband could be arrested.

One man was arrested during Thursday evening rush hour at the Brentwood Long Island Rail Road station after police became suspicious, stopped his van and allegedly found a machete and other weapons. Gilbert Hernandez, 34, had been convicted of possessing a pipe bomb in 1996, police said.

Rest of story: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163312,00.html
--

It is a waste of taxpayer money to search people who pose no conceivable threat to security. They should be targeting the people/groups who are responsible for terrorism and leave innocent people alone. I am in favor of profiling. Aren't you?

Thanks to liberals, we have to make lousy choices. It's either "random" searches of old ladies, or an expensive ACLU lawsuit alleging profiling, backed up by liberal rags printing how unfair and racist the police are. NYC chose the less effective, but more PC, route.

Airlines paid huge fines for not following the PC methodology.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
nucular said:
It is a waste of taxpayer money to search people who pose no conceivable threat to security. They should be targeting the people/groups who are responsible for terrorism and leave innocent people alone. I am in favor of profiling. Aren't you?

It's really no extra cost to search 50% of the people or 100% of the people. (shrug). The officers get paid all day anyway. So if he's searching 40 people an hour, he still gets his $25. If he searches 80ppl, he still gets his, yup, $25.

-=d=- said:
It's really no extra cost to search 50% of the people or 100% of the people. (shrug). The officers get paid all day anyway. So if he's searching 40 people an hour, he still gets his $25. If he searches 80ppl, he still gets his, yup, $25.

And if he searches potential terrorists he might come up with something and if he searches soccer moms, Avon ladies and shoeshine boys he'll come up with nothing. And that's a waste of taxpayer money.

If you think the more totalitarian the better, say so. A lot of people like totalitarian government. But to claim random searches are effective is ludicrous.

nucular said:
And if he searches potential terrorists he might come up with something and if he searches soccer moms, Avon ladies and shoeshine boys he'll come up with nothing. And that's a waste of taxpayer money.

If you think the more totalitarian the better, say so. A lot of people like totalitarian government. But to claim random searches are effective is ludicrous.
well ya just blew it dammit-----now the terrorists are going to use avon ladies and soccer moms as operatives--thanks a lot ! :teeth:

nucular said:

(sigh) You simply refuse to get it, don't you? Look....Random searches are an excuse to search anybody at 'random'. Thanks to the lawsuits by the likes of the ACLU, they simply can't just 'search people'. By calling them 'random', the Cops can 'randomly search' your Terrorist, who by your accounts, is pretty easy to pick out of a crowd'.

Get with it son.

-=d=- said:
(sigh) You simply refuse to get it, don't you? Look....Random searches are an excuse to search anybody at 'random'. Thanks to the lawsuits by the likes of the ACLU, they simply can't just 'search people'. By calling them 'random', the Cops can 'randomly search' your Terrorist, who by your accounts, is pretty easy to pick out of a crowd'.

Get with it son.

Listen, I don't know what your lifestyle is, but mine is perpetual travel. I don't like getting searched because I have never broken the law. I have had my luggage and the contents of my luggage broken by the TSA morons as well as having had completely innocuous stuff confiscated by them because they are idiots and don't know what things are. This search hysteria has affected my life and my property and I consider that to be a violation of my right against unreasonable search and seizure. I am not going to go to the ACLU to try to get my luggage repaired, but until the government comes up with a more specific methodology I will voice my objections whenever I feel like it. It's a quality of life issue. For those of you who live on a farm, or in a church or just hide out in your mothers basement typing this crap maybe it doesn't affect you. Those of us in the real world are being harassed by the government and that's not what I pay my taxes for. If they want to search people I expect them to do better than "random".

nucular said:
Listen, I don't know what your lifestyle is, but mine is perpetual travel. I don't like getting searched because I have never broken the law. I have had my luggage and the contents of my luggage broken by the TSA morons as well as having had completely innocuous stuff confiscated by them because they are idiots and don't know what things are. This search hysteria has affected my life and my property and I consider that to be a violation of my right against unreasonable search and seizure. I am not going to go to the ACLU to try to get my luggage repaired, but until the government comes up with a more specific methodology I will voice my objections whenever I feel like it. It's a quality of life issue. For those of you who live on a farm, or in a church or just hide out in your mothers basement typing this crap maybe it doesn't affect you. Those of us in the real world are being harassed by the government and that's not what I pay my taxes for. If they want to search people I expect them to do better than "random".

You refuse to be taught. You are uncoachable. You absolutely gave up your capacity to learn. I pity you just a little bit.

nucular said:
I get it---you want everyones luggage to be damaged along with yours ! :rolleyes:

-=d=- said:
You refuse to be taught. You are uncoachable. You absolutely gave up your capacity to learn. I pity you just a little bit.

This statement implies that you are smarter than me and in a position to teach. I seriously doubt it.

nucular said:

first off you are doing nothing wrong and don't have a gun or drugs or a BOMB what do you care...

you are the same person that when you get blown up you will bitch that we didn't do enough....

nucular said:

so it isn't about random seraeaches and protection of civil liberties is it.....for you.....it is all about you.... and you not being inconvieneced when you travel because you are so important...me me me me

Forum List

Back