Random Searches

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Nuc, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Now they are starting random searches on the NYC and DC subways. This is prompted by something that happened in London. Last I heard London was not even part of this country.

I guess the prohibition against unreasonable search and seizure does not extend to "idiotic search".

We know who the terrorists are. Why search randomly? Search people who might be terrorists. Searching a teenyboppers guitar case or some old ladies gym bag will not make anybody safer. The US government are the terrorists now, because they are terrorizing innocent citizens with their foul searches.

This is an issue all Americans should be able to agree upon. It cuts across left/right boundaries. Everyone is being violated.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Make it easy for us--give us a list of all the terrorist cells in the US. I 'll take it from there

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    AWESOME! Search MORE. In fact, if a cop sees a brother and even THINKS the brother may be doing something wrong? Shake him down.
    NOBODY is being violated - that's rhetoric and drama and liberal whining.

4. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    And when a bomb explodes in a NYC Subway car and kills 30 people, tell this to the family members of those who died.

I'm betting money they will disagree.

5. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

I can see it now... "Oh...but we didn't want to TROUBLE the guy...I mean...he has civil rights, ya know? So WHAT he was wearing a winter parka downtown in a subway, carrying two suitcases, and a backpack. So WHAT there were wires connecting said backpacks...we SURELY can't (gasp!) ask him WTF is going on, now, can we?"

Bleedingheart libs annoy me.

6. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I guess you guys scored pretty low in "comprehension" on your reading tests. If you read my post you will see that I am complaining about RANDOM searches. Then you bring up examples of cops searching suspicious characters. That would not be random. That would be reasonable. And that's not what my post is about.

7. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Stop whining. You can't have it both ways, kiddo. I'll make a deal with you - The first time you are personally and harmfully affected by a random search, I'll make you a SuperModerator, and send you $500.

It simply won't happen. You won't be harmed. You won't be killed. At worst? You'll have to stop for, oh, 20 seconds and cooperate, as a GOOD citizen should, to make the community safer.

boo-f'ing-hoo.

8. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    Yeah....waste of time....pissing people off......

NEW YORK — Alarmed by a new round of mass transit attacks in London , police in New York began random searches of bags and packages brought into the city's vast subway system.

The inspections started on a small scale Thursday in Manhattan and were expanded during Friday morning's rush hour — a development welcomed by some commuters.

"I'm not against it," Ian Compton, 35, a computer consultant, said at Grand Central Terminal in Midtown Manhattan. "I think any measures for safety that aren't terribly intrusive are worth doing."

Officers, some with bomb-sniffing dogs, were stopping people carrying bags as they entered subways, commuter trains, buses and ferries at various points in the city, police said. Anyone who refuses a search will be turned away, and those caught carrying drugs or other contraband could be arrested.

One man was arrested during Thursday evening rush hour at the Brentwood Long Island Rail Road station after police became suspicious, stopped his van and allegedly found a machete and other weapons. Gilbert Hernandez, 34, had been convicted of possessing a pipe bomb in 1996, police said.

Rest of story: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163312,00.html
    --

9. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    It is a waste of taxpayer money to search people who pose no conceivable threat to security. They should be targeting the people/groups who are responsible for terrorism and leave innocent people alone. I am in favor of profiling. Aren't you?

10. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Thanks to liberals, we have to make lousy choices. It's either "random" searches of old ladies, or an expensive ACLU lawsuit alleging profiling, backed up by liberal rags printing how unfair and racist the police are. NYC chose the less effective, but more PC, route.

Airlines paid huge fines for not following the PC methodology.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1