Randall Cunningham Proves Its Never Too Late To Finish College

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
congrats to him for doing the right thing

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/12/20/bc.fbo.cunninghamgradua.ap/index.html

Cunningham graduates from UNLV 20 years later
Posted: Tuesday December 21, 2004 12:02AM; Updated: Tuesday December 21, 2004 12:02AM

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Randall Cunningham figured one day his children would ask whether he graduated from college. The former NFL quarterback wanted to make sure he had the right answer.

Cunningham received his bachelor's degree Monday, more than two decades after the star quarterback left the UNLV for the NFL.

The 41-year-old Cunningham, a pastor, was awarded a degree in leisure studies after returning to complete the necessary college credits.

Why did it take so long?

"My main goal was to do the best I could in football," said Cunningham, who lives in the Las Vegas area. "I really believed my football career was so important. I always figured I could come back."

UNLV's academic adviser for football also had urged Cunningham to return to school if he was going to be a role model in the community.

Cunningham said earning his degree ranks high with his religious beliefs, family and the MVP awards he won in the NFL.

"It goes right next to those," he said.

Cunningham played for the Philadelphia Eagles, Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys and Baltimore Ravens before retiring in 2002.

He played three seasons at UNLV, and left for the NFL in 1984.

A few days before receiving his diploma in winter commencement exercises, Cunningham, who spent the majority of his career with the Eagles, made a Super Bowl prediction.

"You know who is going to win," he said. "The Eagles."

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

-=d=- said:
Good for him :) Great personal achievement. Really.

College is over-rated....academia = liberal retards

:D

I've met Cunningham here in Vegas a couple of different time. He is very kind, gracious and he loves his family so much he lets everybody know! :)

Forum List

Back