Rand Paul's son's sense of entitlement

I'm not getting what this has to do about a sense of entitlement. Under-age kids from ALL backgrounds a) want to obtain alcohol b) want to get drunk on it and c) can't handle their liquor.

PErsonally I think the drinking age in this country is way to high and the driving age too low. THey ought to switch them. 16 to drink 21 to drive!

You are totally missing my point. First of all, it is an opinion. But it is ironic that it's perfectly OK for conservatives and Republican pols like this kid's dad and grandfather to deride people receiving unemployment insurance or food stamps as having a 'entitlement mentality' with no evidence other than dogma and personal bias. Second, how a person treats others who are in a position of providing service to you can tell a lot about how they view that person and themselves. Was William Paul taught through word and deed that employees are property who can be abused? Young master Paul failed this test miserably on the flight. This kid didn't just get drunk on an airplane. He physically assaulted a female flight attendant. That raises a whole new set of questions about his character and upbringing.

He allegedly assaulted a flight attendant, and he was also drunk. Kids with great characters and upbringings get drunk and then do stupid things. You're trying to turn this into something much more than it is.

No male with great character and upbringing assaults a female by aggressive physical force.

You 'individual responsibility' folks would usually call this kid a punk, a scumbag, or a piece of shit.

New details have emerged about William Hilton Paul's very fun flight to Charlotte last week, a voyage that ended with the 19-year-old in the slammer and his senator father in a very embarrassing position. Well, things just got worse for both Kentucky gentlemen. In addition to underage drinking, disorderly conduct and being intoxicated and disruptive, it's now been disclosed that Paul the younger faces "a misdemeanor assault on a female by aggressive physical force," The Charlotte Observer reports.

Evidently, Rand Paul's Son Assaulted a Flight Attendant While Drunk - National - The Atlantic Wire

You are totally missing my point. First of all, it is an opinion. But it is ironic that it's perfectly OK for conservatives and Republican pols like this kid's dad and grandfather to deride people receiving unemployment insurance or food stamps as having a 'entitlement mentality' with no evidence other than dogma and personal bias. Second, how a person treats others who are in a position of providing service to you can tell a lot about how they view that person and themselves. Was William Paul taught through word and deed that employees are property who can be abused? Young master Paul failed this test miserably on the flight. This kid didn't just get drunk on an airplane. He physically assaulted a female flight attendant. That raises a whole new set of questions about his character and upbringing.

He allegedly assaulted a flight attendant, and he was also drunk. Kids with great characters and upbringings get drunk and then do stupid things. You're trying to turn this into something much more than it is.

No male with great character and upbringing assaults a female by aggressive physical force.

You 'individual responsibility' folks would usually call this kid a punk, a scumbag, or a piece of shit.

New details have emerged about William Hilton Paul's very fun flight to Charlotte last week, a voyage that ended with the 19-year-old in the slammer and his senator father in a very embarrassing position. Well, things just got worse for both Kentucky gentlemen. In addition to underage drinking, disorderly conduct and being intoxicated and disruptive, it's now been disclosed that Paul the younger faces "a misdemeanor assault on a female by aggressive physical force," The Charlotte Observer reports.

Evidently, Rand Paul's Son Assaulted a Flight Attendant While Drunk - National - The Atlantic Wire

He may very well be a punk, but, again, he only allegedly assaulted this woman.

According to the OP Obama’s kids will be horrible,
Or once again “it’s different” when it’s a Democrat…s Kid.

Desperate thread... Just read more of it, lol... Now Ron/Rand are bad because of what a 19 kid of theirs did. Anyone here have brothers and sisters that lived a life you might call "trash"? Is your life style "trashy"? But but, how is it possible that children from the same parent lead totally different lives!!!!??!!!?!

I have been around a long time, and I have met a lot of people. All kinds of people, from all walks of life, all stations in life, all kinds of backgrounds and demographics.

Most of the "entitled" people I've met are rich. But the majority have been the sons and daughters of rich people.

Entitled to possess anything they want
Entitled to do whatever they want
Entitled to say whatever they want
Entitled to the deference and obedience of everyone around them

footer-tco-logo.gif

Police: Sen. Paul’s son assaulted flight attendant

136-QzjaA.Em.55.jpeg

This undated photo provided by Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department

The grandson of former presidential candidate Ron Paul and son of U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., is charged with assaulting a flight attendant during a U.S. Airways flight from Lexington, Ky., to Charlotte last weekend.

William Paul, 19, was arrested Jan. 5 at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport after his flight landed. The Bowling Green, Ky., resident, also was charged with consuming beer/wine underage, disorderly conduct and being intoxicated and disruptive.

Initial news reports last week did not cite the assault charge, but it is unclear why that charge was not reported at the time.

The misdemeanor assault on a female by aggressive physical force charge was confirmed by Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Saturday.

Read more here: Police: Sen. Paul's son assaulted flight attendant | CharlotteObserver.com

Trash doesn't fall far from the trailer.

Rand Paul has that same sense of entitlement. They may live with money but they're the worst kind of trailer trash. All we have to do is little to that little whiny Rand Paul to know that. Oh yeah, and grampa is is a racist loon.

This kid will surely follow in daddy's and grampa's footsteps and spend his life sucking at the taxpayer's tit.

Now Ron/Rand are bad because of what a 19 kid of theirs did.

No, they're bad, all on their own.

But, looks like the kid takes after them.

If I remember right, Rand got into it with TSA on two different occasions.

Scum.

Did anyone else notice the caption of the photo?

IOW, that's not his mug shot from that incident.

Why would the police have this photo of him looking - well - the way he looks?

I have been around a long time, and I have met a lot of people. All kinds of people, from all walks of life, all stations in life, all kinds of backgrounds and demographics.

Most of the "entitled" people I've met are rich. But the majority have been the sons and daughters of rich people.

Entitled to possess anything they want
Entitled to do whatever they want
Entitled to say whatever they want
Entitled to the deference and obedience of everyone around them

footer-tco-logo.gif

Police: Sen. Paul’s son assaulted flight attendant

136-QzjaA.Em.55.jpeg

The grandson of former presidential candidate Ron Paul and son of U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., is charged with assaulting a flight attendant during a U.S. Airways flight from Lexington, Ky., to Charlotte last weekend.

William Paul, 19, was arrested Jan. 5 at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport after his flight landed. The Bowling Green, Ky., resident, also was charged with consuming beer/wine underage, disorderly conduct and being intoxicated and disruptive.

Initial news reports last week did not cite the assault charge, but it is unclear why that charge was not reported at the time.

The misdemeanor assault on a female by aggressive physical force charge was confirmed by Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Saturday.

Read more here: Police: Sen. Paul's son assaulted flight attendant | CharlotteObserver.com

How do you make the leap that a 19-year-old kid who drank and did stupid things did so out of a sense of entitlement?

It is an opinion first of all. Second, how a person treats others who are in a position of providing service to you can tell a lot about how they view that person and themselves. Was William Paul taught through word and deed that employees are property who can be abused? Young master Paul failed this test miserably on the flight.

Interesting observation, even if it doesn’t apply to William Paul.

Where libertarians are not only teaching their children that employees are property who can be abused, but that restaurant owners can refuse service to someone because of the color of his skin. That property ‘rights’ trump civil rights. Or whether one will have his civil liberties or not being subject to popular vote.

Libertarians are obviously free to believe whatever they wish, and teach their children accordingly; but given the libertarian message predicated on ignorance of Constitutional case law (or in most cases willful ignorance), contempt of fundamental principles of sound and appropriate governance, and reactionary extremism, the consequences of those teachings are clearly problematic.

Other than this kid getting drunk and acting up, is there anything to indicate he was motivated by a sense of entitlement?

Other than this kid getting drunk and acting up, is there anything to indicate he was motivated by a sense of entitlement?

Well of course not. It is convenient to single him out, however, because of who his father and grandfather are, and because the thread's originator is that desperate for a way to smear them.

Last edited:
Isn't gettin' drunk & beligerant on an airplane hedonism?...
:tongue:
Rand Paul: ‘Right and Wrong Have Become Subservient to Hedonism of the Moment'
January 25, 2013 – Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) told a crowd of thousands of pro-life Americans gathered at the National Mall in Washington, D.C., for the 40th annual March for Life on Friday that America is a nation “adrift" where "right and wrong have become subservient to the hedonism of the moment."
“Can a nation long endure that does not respect the sanctity of life?” Paul asked. “Can a nation conceived in liberty carry its head high if it denies protection to the youngest and most vulnerable of its citizens? Can a country founded on God-given rights continue to thrive without understanding that life is a precious gift from our Creator? “I believe that great nations and great civilizations spring from a people who have a moral compass,” he said. “Our nation is adrift, adrift in a wilderness where right and wrong have become subservient to a hedonism of the moment.

“I believe our country is in need of a revival,” Paul continued. “I believe our country is in need of a spiritual cleansing. As a physician, I have looked into the eyes of one-pound babies. I have cradled their small bodies in the palm of one hand. “I defy those who are careless, who would disregard life,” he said. “I defy them to come to the neonatal nursery with me and look at these tiny little miracles and say, ‘We’re not going to protect that.’

“We all want change,” Paul said. “We march today for change, but change will only come when we begin to change attitudes. We must preach a gospel so full of compassion, a gospel so full of justice that it cannot be resisted. “Then, and only then, will the law again protect the innocent,” he said. On Friday, the annual March for Life convened in Washington, coinciding with the 40th anniversary of the Supreme Court decision Roe v. Wade, which took place earlier this week.

Source

Forum List

Back