Rand Paul's son's sense of entitlement

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
I have been around a long time, and I have met a lot of people. All kinds of people, from all walks of life, all stations in life, all kinds of backgrounds and demographics.

Most of the "entitled" people I've met are rich. But the majority have been the sons and daughters of rich people.

Entitled to possess anything they want
Entitled to do whatever they want
Entitled to say whatever they want
Entitled to the deference and obedience of everyone around them

footer-tco-logo.gif

Police: Sen. Paul’s son assaulted flight attendant

136-QzjaA.Em.55.jpeg

This undated photo provided by Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department

The grandson of former presidential candidate Ron Paul and son of U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., is charged with assaulting a flight attendant during a U.S. Airways flight from Lexington, Ky., to Charlotte last weekend.

William Paul, 19, was arrested Jan. 5 at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport after his flight landed. The Bowling Green, Ky., resident, also was charged with consuming beer/wine underage, disorderly conduct and being intoxicated and disruptive.

Initial news reports last week did not cite the assault charge, but it is unclear why that charge was not reported at the time.

The misdemeanor assault on a female by aggressive physical force charge was confirmed by Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Saturday.

Read more here: Police: Sen. Paul's son assaulted flight attendant | CharlotteObserver.com

Last edited:
Let's see, what can we talk about: all the good Obama and the Dems have done for the country these past 6 years or Ron Paul's grandson?

I have been around a long time, and I have met a lot of people. All kinds of people, from all walks of life, all stations in life, all kinds of backgrounds and demographics.

Most of the "entitled" people I've met are rich. But the majority have been the sons and daughters of rich people.

footer-tco-logo.gif

136-QzjaA.Em.55.jpeg

The grandson of former presidential candidate Ron Paul and son of U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., is charged with assaulting a flight attendant during a U.S. Airways flight from Lexington, Ky., to Charlotte last weekend.

William Paul, 19, was arrested Jan. 5 at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport after his flight landed. The Bowling Green, Ky., resident, also was charged with consuming beer/wine underage, disorderly conduct and being intoxicated and disruptive.

Initial news reports last week did not cite the assault charge, but it is unclear why that charge was not reported at the time.

The misdemeanor assault on a female by aggressive physical force charge was confirmed by Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Saturday.

Read more here: Police: Sen. Paul's son assaulted flight attendant | CharlotteObserver.com

How do you make the leap that a 19-year-old kid who drank and did stupid things did so out of a sense of entitlement?

Alot of teenagers rebel and have a sense of entitement :dunno:
....And, some are older than others......

"Bush was allowed to perform community service in 1973 by working for a minority children's program in Houston, Professionals United for Leadership League, chaired by his father. The record of that arrest was expunged, meaning he apparently received the equivalent of Youthful Offender status at the age of 26."

footer-tco-logo.gif

136-QzjaA.Em.55.jpeg

How do you make the leap that a 19-year-old kid who drank and did stupid things did so out of a sense of entitlement?

It is an opinion first of all. Second, how a person treats others who are in a position of providing service to you can tell a lot about how they view that person and themselves. Was William Paul taught through word and deed that employees are property who can be abused? Young master Paul failed this test miserably on the flight.

footer-tco-logo.gif

136-QzjaA.Em.55.jpeg

It is an opinion first of all. Second, how a person treats others who are in a position of providing service to you can tell a lot about how they view that person and themselves. Was William Paul taught through word and deed that employees are property who can be abused? Young master Paul failed this test miserably on the flight.

Or... he could've been drunk. I'm given to understand that alcohol makes people act differently than they would otherwise in some cases.

We saw what happened to David Gregory. He committed a gun crime on TV and the cops had an airtight case but did nothing. Of course he is an obozo fan.

The gorilla in the room here is who served him, we know he didn't carry it on with him TSA won't allow it. Somebody is going to be in deeper crap than the kid, they share liability.

footer-tco-logo.gif

136-QzjaA.Em.55.jpeg

I'm not getting what this has to do about a sense of entitlement. Under-age kids from ALL backgrounds a) want to obtain alcohol b) want to get drunk on it and c) can't handle their liquor.

PErsonally I think the drinking age in this country is way to high and the driving age too low. THey ought to switch them. 16 to drink 21 to drive!

footer-tco-logo.gif

136-QzjaA.Em.55.jpeg

I'm not getting what this has to do about a sense of entitlement. Under-age kids from ALL backgrounds a) want to obtain alcohol b) want to get drunk on it and c) can't handle their liquor.

PErsonally I think the drinking age in this country is way to high and the driving age too low. THey ought to switch them. 16 to drink 21 to drive!

You are totally missing my point. First of all, it is an opinion. But it is ironic that it's perfectly OK for conservatives and Republican pols like this kid's dad and grandfather to deride people receiving unemployment insurance or food stamps as having a 'entitlement mentality' with no evidence other than dogma and personal bias. Second, how a person treats others who are in a position of providing service to you can tell a lot about how they view that person and themselves. Was William Paul taught through word and deed that employees are property who can be abused? Young master Paul failed this test miserably on the flight. This kid didn't just get drunk on an airplane. He physically assaulted a female flight attendant. That raises a whole new set of questions about his character and upbringing.

footer-tco-logo.gif

136-QzjaA.Em.55.jpeg

You are totally missing my point. First of all, it is an opinion. But it is ironic that it's perfectly OK for conservatives and Republican pols like this kid's dad and grandfather to deride people receiving unemployment insurance or food stamps as having a 'entitlement mentality' with no evidence other than dogma and personal bias. Second, how a person treats others who are in a position of providing service to you can tell a lot about how they view that person and themselves. Was William Paul taught through word and deed that employees are property who can be abused? Young master Paul failed this test miserably on the flight. This kid didn't just get drunk on an airplane. He physically assaulted a female flight attendant. That raises a whole new set of questions about his character and upbringing.

You're probably right. I bet not a single member of that family tips.

footer-tco-logo.gif

136-QzjaA.Em.55.jpeg

He allegedly assaulted a flight attendant, and he was also drunk. Kids with great characters and upbringings get drunk and then do stupid things. You're trying to turn this into something much more than it is.

He allegedly assaulted a flight attendant, and he was also drunk. Kids with great characters and upbringings get drunk and then do stupid things. You're trying to turn this into something much more than it is.

Sounds like he could be.....

Forum List

Back