Rand Pauls 5 most controversial beliefs

Doesn't matter. The government can still set safety, environmental, labor and in this case civil rights regulations on your business.
I guess you don't understand the commerce clause then considering it gives the federal government no ruling over in-state only commerce

Yes I do understand the commerce clause...it was already ruled applicable 45 years ago.

As I already stated....the federal government can establish rules on the environment, safety, worker rights and in this case civil rights.....even if it doesn't cross state lines

What I am stating is that the US has the global responsibilities that come with our status as superpower. A nuclear equipped Iran destabilizes the region. Nothing outside our borders right now threatens our security. If Rand and his daddy mentor had a say....our military would be reduced to 10% of our current size
so then was he wrong ? you just agreed with the line you are ragging him for

I didn't state that is not what he believes...I stated that he and his daddy are fucking morons for believing it

Quote: Originally Posted by rightwinger
Burden of proof to show where the Dept of Education has been ruled unconstitutional is still on you. If you want to claim it is "your opinion" that it is unconstitutional...you are free to do so
where it has been ruled? how does that become the goal? I already showed you how it isn't constitutional and you have no refutation to show it is

You have it back asswards. The Department of Education exists and has existed for generations. It needs to be ruled unconstitutional. That is the way our system works.
Burden of proof is still upon you....quote the case which ruled it unconstitutional or merely state that it is your opinion that it is unconstitutional

Quote: Originally Posted by rightwinger
They agree to take less all the time with insurance companies. If Medicare is insolvent, then everyone involved needs to bear the burden.....including doctors
They do not take less. whatever insurance doesn't cover the person must pay. Doctors shouldnt have to bear any load for the unconstituaional medicare program, they can just choose not to take those patients as smart doctors do

You still duck the point where DOCTOR Paul wants patients to take the burden and not himself

Swamps were routinely considered as worthless real estate in the past and cities could do whatever they wished. They have since been found to be critical to our watersheds and drainage systems and are protected
and does an areas property value not go up when they are drained? that was the only point you tried to make

No..that wasn't his point. The point he was trying to make was fuck the environment if someone can make money and it looks better....Nasty hills

Anyone wanna tell me what percentage of the vote the libertarian candidate received in the last national election?

Are you talking about the Presidential election of 2008? Americans are programmed to vote for either the Democratic candidate or the Republican candidate. Failure to do so will result in assignment to a reeducation camp.

I think its more controversial that he wants to rid of the DEA, FBI, CIA and DHLS and his sticking up for BP!

Rand Paul's 5 most controversial beliefs - The Week

1. Government shouldn't require private businesses to serve customers of all races
"I don’t like the idea of telling private business owners — I abhor racism. I think it’s a bad business decision to exclude anybody from your restaurant — but, at the same time, I do believe in private ownership."
—Interview with Louisville Courier-Journal, April 25, 2010

2. A nuclear Iran isn't necessarily a threat
"Our national security is not threatened by Iran having one nuclear weapon."
—Ron Paul rally, Burlington, VT, October 2007

3. The Department of Education is unconstitutional
"I am against any federal funding or control of education... There is no Constitutional enumeration for federal education. The Constitution allows states and cities to participate in education, period."
—Response to National Education Association questionnaire, June 2009

4. Rein in Medicare — but not Medicare's payments to doctors (presumably including Rand Paul, a practicing optometrist who says half his patients are on Medicare)
"Medicare is socialized medicine," and one way to control medical costs would be to impose a $2,000 deductible in the program. "But try selling that one in an election."
—Comments in Lexington, KY, June 2009

5. Mountaintop coal mining is good for real estate values
"I think whoever owns the property can do with the property as they wish, and if the coal company buys it from a private property owner and they want to do it, fine. The other thing is that I think coal gets a bad name, because apparently a lot of the land is desirable once it gets flattened out... I don’t think anyone’s going to be missing a hill or two here and there. Some people like the flat land, and some of it apparently has become rather valuable when it’s become flattened."
—TV interview, October 2009

In case it hasn't been mentioned he wants to get rid of the Department of Energy, which of course makes perfect sense since there is no case to be made that energy is a national interest. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Time will tell if Rand Paul is a "shoo-in". The more rookie mistakes he makes the less likely he'll win. Meg Whitman turned a + 50 point lead in California into a horse race while running negative ads and pushing a populist agenda.
Ideas do matter, and when one holds radical ideas, as does Rand Paul, the powers of the status quo as well as those who fear change, may very well pass on his extremist opinions and vote what they know.

Rand Paul is turning into the joke of the week as he sticks to his Libertarian playbook.

Rand Paul said WHAT???

Its true he is turning into the Joe Biden of the Republican/Libertarian party

Anyone wanna tell me what percentage of the vote the libertarian candidate received in the last national election?

Are you talking about the Presidential election of 2008? Americans are programmed to vote for either the Democratic candidate or the Republican candidate. Failure to do so will result in assignment to a reeducation camp.

Who should they have voted for?

Who should they have voted for?

The best candidate for the job. Whether people want to admit it or not, a large percentage of voters for 'against' a candidate rather than 'for'. This is ludicrous in my opinion. No wonder the Founders were against political parties.

The conservatives had a golden opportunity to vote for a libertarian conservative in the form of Ron Paul, in 2008, but for the most part they not only didn't vote for him, they mocked him and his followers mercilessly.

Forum List

Back