Rand Paul

Dear Kentucky GOP,

Please nominate Rand Paul. The Democratic nominee will love the support.

Sincerely,
Polk

Rand has consistently polled even with or ahead of the two major Democratic nominees. Whoever wins the Republican primary is likely to win the election, unless something unforeseeable should happen. Especially considering Kentucky is typically a Republican state.

Sounds like Kentucky got somebody they like.

Well then, Good luck to Rand Paul. It is always a good thing when the people can elect someone they can stand behind.

Dear Kentucky GOP,

Sincerely,
Polk

Rand has consistently polled even with or ahead of the two major Democratic nominees. Whoever wins the Republican primary is likely to win the election, unless something unforeseeable should happen. Especially considering Kentucky is typically a Republican state.

False. Rand has trailed Conway in every public poll and runs about even with Mongiardo. Grayson, on the other hand, has a double-digit lead over Mongiardo and few point lead over Conway.

And I wouldn't rank the race as being as much of a certainty as you seem to believe. McConnell won by 30 points (65-35) in 2002, but only by six (53-47) last year. Bunning won reelection in 2004 by a narrow 51-49 margin against Mongiardo, who was a political novice at the time.

Dear Kentucky GOP,

Sincerely,
Polk

False. Rand has trailed Conway in every public poll and runs about even with Mongiardo. Grayson, on the other hand, has a double-digit lead over Mongiardo and few point lead over Conway.

And I wouldn't rank the race as being as much of a certainty as you seem to believe. McConnell won by 30 points (65-35) in 2002, but only by six (53-47) last year. Bunning won reelection in 2004 by a narrow 51-49 margin against Mongiardo, who was a political novice at the time.

Good catch. However, a majority of Grayson's support will likely go to Rand over the Democrat should he win the nomination, so I still expect that whoever wins the Republican nomination will win the election.

Dear Kentucky GOP,

Sincerely,
Polk

Yep and that said a lot about how much Kentickians disliked Bunning. Mongiardo is a furriner.

Good catch. However, a majority of Grayson's support will likely go to Rand over the Democrat should he win the nomination, so I still expect that whoever wins the Republican nomination will win the election.

Sure, but unless you think Grayson supporters are telling themselves now that they'll feel super butthurt if he loses to Paul, that's irrelevant to those numbers. What those numbers pretty obviously tell is that there is a sizable number of people who's preferences are Grayson > Mongiardo > Paul or Grayson > Conway > Paul.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back