Rand Paul Was The Featured Speaker At Theocratic Constitution Party 2009 Rally

Talk To Action | Rand Paul Was The Featured Speaker At Theocratic Constitution Party 2009 Rally

In a pinch, all you really need to know about Christian Reconstructionism is in the title of a January 2008 Talk To Action story of mine, More From The Biblical Stoning & Legalized Slavery Movement. Enter Rand Paul.

Amidst the hullaballoo over Republican Rand Paul's upset victory in the Kentucky GOP primary for US Senate, one of the few journalists to raise the issue of Paul's somewhat uncomfortable proximity to Christian Reconstructionism has been Alternet's Adele Stan, who observes that Rand Paul's father Ron Paul is personal friends with one of the bigger names in the Christian Reconstructionist movement, Howard Phillips, founder of the US Taxpayers Party - now re-branded as The Constitution Party. But there's direct evidence tying Rand Paul to the Constitution Party, whose national platform declares,

"The goal of the Constitution Party is to restore American jurisprudence to its Biblical foundations...
The U.S. Constitution established a Republic rooted in Biblical law"

Just to make sure I talked to Tammy Houle, whose phone number is the Minnesota Constitution Party listed contact number, and she confirmed to me that Rand Paul had indeed spoken at the April 25th evening event

And so, without further ado, here's the April 9, 2009 post advertising Rand Paul's April 25th appearance at the Minnesota Constitution Party "Liberty Banquet 2009" that's posted on Ronpaulforums.com :

The Constitution Party of Minnesota announces with anticipation, the event of the year -- Liberty Banquet 2009
Patriots and statesmen will come together on April 25th to hear featured guest,

Dr. RAND PAUL

Don't miss this opportunity to unite with other like-minded folks for an evening of inspiration and motivation. The evening begins at 5:00 pm with a social hour, dinner at 6:00, followed by introductions and guest speakers. Preceding Dr. Paul, we will hear a few words from the two tenacious gentlemen that recently accepted the co-chairmanship of the CPMN Veteran's Coalition, Leon Moe and John Salsbury.

A couple of things to note:

1.) I've said several times on USMB that one should be weary of Ron and Rand when it comes to the issue of Christianity in politics.

2.) Seems that Rand Paul was exhausted enough to not go on Meet the Press but had time to go on World Government Conspiracy Theorist Alex Jones's show.

all thta really means is that these good and decent christians want to apply the bible and the 10 commandments as the law of the land...

what's wrong with that?

imagine what a wonderful country we could have if we applied the bible as law...

homos, lesbians, feminists, wiccans, muslims, atheists, liberals, democrats etc
would all be outlawed....

rounded up
sent to re-education camps
and then, finally, incinerated (hey....I don't want to have to pay to support these scum in jail for their whole lives! that wouldn't be fair to ME! besides...it's their own fault...if they didn't want to be rounded up and executed they should have just STOPPED being gay or atheists or wiccan....)

then
when only christians are allowed to be citizens
and have jobs
and vote
and live
we will truely be living in a great and FREE country...

FREE from everything and everyone we hate!

because god is the god of LOVE

and divine punishment

jesus be praised

Oh I see, he was pandering for the Conspiracy Theorist vote.

Do you agree with the Constitution Party's goals there Kevin?

Unlikely. Alex Jones has been a big supporter of Ron Paul, so Rand probably did the show because of Jones' friendship with his father.

Not being an overly religious person I don't agree with the platform of the Constitution Party. In 2008 I supported Bob Barr over Chuck Baldwin, even despite Bob Barr insulting Ron Paul and Ron Paul endorsing Baldwin in response. However, I will be voting for a member of the Constitution Party for the first time this November, for Ohio's Attorney General.

Wow. I can't believe you are this weird. I won't say my respect for you has suffered, but I will forever look on what you post with a jaundiced eye. :eek:

Can't lose respect for someone you don't respect, right?

Sure, but I think you'll agree with me that plenty of the Constitution's Party platform when it comes to social policy is stuff we shouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

I don't agree with homosexuality. I don't get it. I don't understand it. It's not natural, and it runs completely counter to what human beings are supposed to do, which is procreate.

This all being said, I don't agree with any government involvement in the issue whatsoever. I don't even agree with government involvement in an issue like marriage PERIOD. There should be no special laws or favors for those who are married. Marriage is between the two people, and God.

Fuck you and your god. :eusa_angel:

So if two adults get married and they do not produce children they are failures -- they did not do what human beings are supposed to do. The woman or the man is flawed.

Your fucking god must be punishing them, because what else could it be? Not being able to do what human beings are supposed to do, which is procreate must be devastating to somebody with your narrowly pathetic view of life.

people like you really do suck. :cool:

Let the hate out Dev, don't keep it bottled up.

Forum List

Back