Rand Paul talks of cutting military spending

kevin, i appreciate your opinion. but i'm kind of funny about certain things. and i don't think military decisions should be made by people who don't think there's anything worth fighting for short of troops marching up on our shores.

Quite frankly, war is one of the worst things that could happen to any country, and I think the less likely someone is to jump to war as an option the better.

it should always be a last resort. but there's a difference between someone who enters into a war rationally and only as such last resort and someone who is opposed to any wars on principal...

i don't believe it appropriate for people who are opposed to war under any and all circumstances to make those decisions.

Being a non-interventionist does not mean you are against war under any and all circumstances. It's the simple fact that governments are predisposed towards going to war, because, as Randolph Bourne said, war is the health of the state. They provide perfect excuses for governments to do horrible things at home and abroad all in the name of "national security." Somebody who finds the idea of a war repugnant is the person that I would want in a position to decide if a war is necessary or unnecessary, because they're less likely to go to war with little or no justification.

Here comes another RW lunatic ashamed of calling themselves RepubliCON for obvious reasons.

Sampson...WHAT are the bastards willing to cut?

Spit it out son...I don't have time for nonsense!

Do you mean me?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: 10% across the board per year for 5 years.

Yeah...you.

You've said you're libertarian, but I've observe you are really very far RWleaning.

I don't have much tolerance for Far RWers.

So ONLY 10% for "defense" huh?

That's not enough.

Well, I'm terribly concerned.

Please don't tell anyone else.:eusa_shhh:

If they don't cut military they aren't cutting anything.

And yet you have the majority of the RW CON$ up in Congress and Senate saying dumb CON$hit like "well, you CAIN'T cut defense!"

Buncha idjits!

so what are they going to cut? they going to leave our troops without funds?

I would suggest looking at Germany, Japan, and Korea as areas of the world where we can remove our troops. I'm pretty sure those wars are over.

Well.. I have no problem with Germany or Japan they can pay for thier own defense, We need to stay in Korea because it's still hot over there and we have only a cease fire agreement with them. But you can always cut some of the waste, but we need to continue to have the best most technologically advanced military in the world. As far as Rand Paul goes I don't really agree with his foreign policy views, but it doesn't really matter because he only one out of 100 senators, but he’s a good counter balance to the other side.

Just let jill continue thinking that Paul would only go to war under the circumstance that China had a million troops marching up to our shore.

While we revel in the fact that she apparently knows not a god damn thing about the man, we can also revel in the fact that HE'S A SENATOR NOW! :cool:

so what are they going to cut? they going to leave our troops without funds?

I would suggest looking at Germany, Japan, and Korea as areas of the world where we can remove our troops. I'm pretty sure those wars are over.

Well.. I have no problem with Germany or Japan they can pay for thier own defense, We need to stay in Korea because it's still hot over there and we have only a cease fire agreement with them. But you can always cut some of the waste, but we need to continue to have the best most technologically advanced military in the world. As far as Rand Paul goes I don't really agree with his foreign policy views, but it doesn't really matter because he only one out of 100 senators, but he’s a good counter balance to the other side.

North Korea is a third world country entirely dependent on outside aid just so that the people don't starve. I'm personally not concerned with North Korea being able to do anything to South Korea, and especially with China no longer being in lockstep with them. A U.S. military presence is not necessary at all in my opinion.

Welp, you got Medicare, Medicaid, SS, and defense to choose from if you're going to make cuts that actually make a dent in the deficit and the national debt.

I think we all know that no one's cutting the first 3.

Soooooo.....

Welp, you got Medicare, Medicaid, SS, and defense to choose from if you're going to make cuts that actually make a dent in the deficit and the national debt.

Soooooo.....

Unfortunately I doubt we're going to see any of those get any significant cuts. Your average Republican is going to pay lip service to cutting the first three, and your average Democrat may pay lip service to cutting defense but there's not going to be a consensus until we completely crash.

unless you learn how to spell government, you really shouldn't be taken seriously in talking about what government should and shouldn't do.

more ignorant rightwingnut bs.
I spell it that way intentionally you dumb bitch. It's to illustrate how "stoopid" gubamint can be. Kinda' like you. :lol:

Is that sort of language necessary? You've now embarrassed yourself, and should immediately apologize.
You should really mind yer' own business.

Soooooo.....

Unfortunately I doubt we're going to see any of those get any significant cuts. Your average Republican is going to pay lip service to cutting the first three, and your average Democrat may pay lip service to cutting defense but there's not going to be a consensus until we completely crash.

Then it's going to be quite the revolving door from here on out with each election.

I spell it that way intentionally you dumb bitch. It's to illustrate how "stoopid" gubamint can be. Kinda' like you. :lol:

Is that sort of language necessary? You've now embarrassed yourself, and should immediately apologize.

If you want that kind of consideration from others when discussing in a public forum you first have to show some consideration toward others, and you've shown that you have none. Just because you're on the internet doesn't mean you should leave your manners behind.

Soooooo.....

Then it's going to be quite the revolving door from here on out with each election.

Pretty much.

If you want that kind of consideration from others when discussing in a public forum you first have to show some consideration toward others, and you've shown that you have none. Just because you're on the internet doesn't mean you should leave your manners behind.
It's between me and Jill, mind yer' own fuckin' business. What part of that do you not understand?

It's between me and Jill, mind yer' own fuckin' business. What part of that do you not understand?

The entire thing. What are you going to do about it?

Oh now yer' gonna' "E-Thug" eh? :lol:

In case you haven't noticed, Jillian can defend herself just fine around here without you trying to be a White Knight. So just mind yer' own bidness.

30% reduction in defense spending or bust. Israel can defend herself.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VDNupft_oI[/ame]

Glick was born in Chicago and grew up in the Hyde Park neighborhood,[1][4] and graduated from Columbia College of Columbia University in 1991 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. She immigrated to Israel in 1991 and joined the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).[5]

She worked in the IDF's Judge Advocate General division during the First Intifada in 1992, and while there edited and co-authored an IDF-published book, Israel, the Intifada and the Rule of Law. Following the Oslo Accords, she worked as coordinator of negotiations with the Palestinian Authority. She retired from the military with the rank of captain at the end of 1996. She worked for about a year as the assistant to the director general of the Israel Antiquities Authority. She then served as assistant foreign policy advisor to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. She returned to the US to get her Master of Arts in Public Policy from Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government, in 2000.[4]

Upon her return to Israel, she became, and remains, the chief diplomatic correspondent for the Makor Rishon newspaper, for which she writes a weekly column in Hebrew. She is also the deputy managing editor of The Jerusalem Post for which she writes two weekly syndicated columns. Her writings have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, the National Review, The Boston Globe, the Chicago Sun-Times, The Washington Times, Maariv, Moment, and other newspapers found worldwide. She has also contributed to many online journals.[4] Along with Israel’s major television networks, she has appeared on US television programs seen on MSNBC and the Fox News Channel.[6] She makes frequent radio appearances both in the US and Israel.

In 2003, during Operation Iraqi Freedom, Glick was embedded with the US Army’s 3rd Infantry Division and filed front-line reports for The Jerusalem Post and the Chicago Sun-Times.[4] She also reported daily from the front lines, via satellite phone, for the Israeli Channel 1 news. Glick was on the scene when US forces took the Baghdad International Airport. She was awarded a distinguished civilian service award from the U.S. Secretary of the Army for her battlefield reporting.[7]

Oh now yer' gonna' "E-Thug" eh? :lol:

In case you haven't noticed, Jillian can defend herself just fine around here without you trying to be a White Knight. So just mind yer' own bidness.

"E-Thug" and "White Knight" would be a contradiction, however, I'm not attempting to be either. Yes, Jillian can defend herself just fine, but when you're going to act ungentlemanly it's the role of a gentleman to set you straight. So no, I will not mind my own business when you make a public spectacle of yourself by slandering a woman the way you did.

Even disagreeing with Ron Paul on 90% of everything he believes, his stance on the Wars puts him head and shoulders above all other Republicans in my opinion.

Ron Paul said:
Another term for preventive war is aggressive war - starting wars because someday somebody might do something to us. That is not part of the American tradition.
-
Cliches about supporting the troops are designed to distract from failed policies, policies promoted by powerful special interests that benefit from war, anything to steer the discussion away from the real reasons the war in Iraq will not end anytime soon.
-
Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.

EDIT: And actually let me add, probably most Democrats as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back