Rand Paul suggests shutting down the govt

This is an absolutely perfect example of why so many independents are turned off to the GOP right now, even though only a part of the party is behaving this way.

Wouldn't it make more sense to tone down the crazy rhetoric, get more Republicans elected, legislate and govern in a moderately conservative way, show people it works, gain more trust and votes, win more elections, and continue to move to the right as is appropriate?

These people want too much too soon, and it scares people away. Why in the world don't they see this?

"My way or the highway" doesn't help your cause when you're in the minority.

Equivocating bitch, didn't Obama already claim 'my way or the highway' on this?

That's one thing I have to agree with POTUS about. Whether or not you pay your bills is not a negotiating tool to fiscally responsible people.

Agreed. The debt ceiling legislation passed in the House will address this.

It will be up to Reid and Obama to sign it.

Equivocating bitch, didn't Obama already claim 'my way or the highway' on this?

That's one thing I have to agree with POTUS about. Whether or not you pay your bills is not a negotiating tool to fiscally responsible people.

And oBUMa knows what about fiscal responsibility? Or should I say he knows...squat?

Two wrongs don't make a right.

The Republicans didn't do anything to promote fiscal responsibility their last shot at it either. I've only seen Republicans squeal about spending when it's the Democrats who are saying what it's going to be spent on. When they are writing the checks - they've shown no more restraint - the only difference is who they write in as the payee.

They're saying, "No, really... this time we really are serious about it." Sorry, heard that before and we're STILL paying on their spending orgy too.

Okay, do it your way, shut 'er down, cause havoc, good luck with that.

Thank you cards from the Dems will be in the mail the next day, no doubt.

:rolleyes:

I hate to be like Sunni... but And?:cool:

Well, that's about it. It would be fascinating to watch, but the thought of the GOP as a permanent minority party giving the Democrats so much power scares me as much as if the opposite happened.

I'll bet the Dems are freakin' loving this.

United States debt-ceiling crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you better come up with some other weapon to try and kill this country with

What are you worried about?

Not worried about you fucks trying to kill thiss country with the debt ceiling.

You have no power to do it

Try a little less hatred and you might get enaged instead of always insulted.

But you're too dopey to get it after all this time anyway.

I couldn't care less what Democrats or most republicans think at this point.. THERES NO MONEY.. When are you people going to get this?? When banks are closed and our currency is worthless?? Then you won't have to worry about raising the INSANE DEBT CEILING..

United States debt-ceiling crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you better come up with some other weapon to try and kill this country with

What are you worried about?

Not worried about you fucks trying to kill thiss country with the debt ceiling.

You have no power to do it

Republicans will pass a debt ceiling increase bill.

Take a chill pill.

Unless you think Obama will refuse to sign it?

I hate to be like Sunni... but And?:cool:

Well, that's about it. It would be fascinating to watch, but the thought of the GOP as a permanent minority party giving the Democrats so much power scares me as much as if the opposite happened.

I'll bet the Dems are freakin' loving this.

Not so sure about that as the republicans voted right alongside the dems for this latest travesty of a bill.

This is an absolutely perfect example of why so many independents are turned off to the GOP right now, even though only a part of the party is behaving this way.

Wouldn't it make more sense to tone down the crazy rhetoric, get more Republicans elected, legislate and govern in a moderately conservative way, show people it works, gain more trust and votes, win more elections, and continue to move to the right as is appropriate?

These people want too much too soon, and it scares people away. Why in the world don't they see this?

Independents are turned off by the GOP because they are exactly like their counterparts....addicted to spending. GOP doesn't want to cut spending, they want to spend money on the programs that they want. Rand and Independents want real spending cuts not slight of hand tricks.

Independents are turned off by the GOP because they are exactly like their counterparts....addicted to spending. GOP doesn't want to cut spending, they want to spend money on the programs that they want. Rand and Independents want real spending cuts not slight of hand tricks.

Or phony reductions in the "rate of growth" not actual cuts.

I couldn't care less what Democrats or most republicans think at this point.. THERES NO MONEY.. When are you people going to get this?? When banks are closed and our currency is worthless?? Then you won't have to worry about raising the INSANE DEBT CEILING..
Preach on sister :) This is the bottom line...PERIOD.

The sheeple need to get off the party bandwagon. Republicans and Dems are destroying this country...actually they have been destroying it for years, everything is just starting to catch up.

New Topics

Forum List

Back