Rand Paul Seemed Almost Sane Last Night

'Almost Sane?' I guess that what's they call a 'backhanded compliment.' He sounded completely sane and logical to me. But regardless, he's the best candidate for President out there. He's possibly the only candidate who can cross party-lines and ideologies. He has my support.

It was a 10 minute puff-piece on a political comedy show. He was asked no tough questions. Bill Maher didn't question his flip-flops, minimum wage, healthcare...etc. And Rand Paul is a buffoon on environmental issues.

It's not hard to appear sane during a 10 min puff-piece.

Uh yeah, Bill Maher isn't exactly known for his Republican interview 'puff-pieces.' He's actually known for his Obama lackey interview puff-pieces. But regardless, Paul's the best choice for President at this point. Just my feeling anyway.

Well, I think Bernie Sanders is the best choice at this point. Sounds like neither of us are going to get what we want. LOL!

Sad but true. This is why I think there's real opportunity for progressives and libertarians to work together. Ron Paul has worked with people like Nader and Kucinich to pursue common interests, and I think it's the route to real progress. It sure as hell isn't going to happen via Democrats or Republicans.

'Almost Sane?' I guess that what's they call a 'backhanded compliment.' He sounded completely sane and logical to me. But regardless, he's the best candidate for President out there. He's possibly the only candidate who can cross party-lines and ideologies. He has my support.

It was a 10 minute puff-piece on a political comedy show. He was asked no tough questions. Bill Maher didn't question his flip-flops, minimum wage, healthcare...etc. And Rand Paul is a buffoon on environmental issues.

Uh yeah, Bill Maher isn't exactly known for his Republican interview 'puff-pieces.' He's actually known for his Obama lackey interview puff-pieces. But regardless, Paul's the best choice for President at this point. Just my feeling anyway.

Well, I think Bernie Sanders is the best choice at this point. Sounds like neither of us are going to get what we want. LOL!

Sad but true. This is why I think there's real opportunity for progressives and libertarians to work together. Ron Paul has worked with people like Nader and Kucinich to pursue common interests, and I think it's the route to real progress. It sure as hell isn't going to happen via Democrats or Republicans.

United we stand.

You'd think we could at least come together on getting the money out of politics.

Bill Maher was a great cheerleader for Ron Paul...that is until Ron Paul said something about not treating an uninsured man. I think the love fest was over at that point.

If burning down businesses and refusing to accept evidence is sane. Well, I don't want to know what world you crawled out of.

You're a fucking idiot.

You're on the wrong thread, DipShit. The Ferguson thread is that way!

9905010573881.jpg

You're late for your Klan meeting.

United we stand.

You'd think we could at least come together on getting the money out of politics.
Probably not on that issue, but there are many others.

Bill Maher was a great cheerleader for Ron Paul...that is until Ron Paul said something about not treating an uninsured man. I think the love fest was over at that point.

Then that was Maher's own damn fault. Ron Paul has been very consistent on his beliefs for decades, even writing several books. To be blindsided by this only means that Maher was too lazy to do his homework.

United we stand.

Really? So you don't mind taxation without representation?

What issues do you think the right and left can work together on?

Then that was Maher's own damn fault. Ron Paul has been very consistent on his beliefs for decades, even writing several books. To be blindsided by this only means that Maher was too lazy to do his homework.

Maybe he was just impressed with Ron Paul's foreign policy stance, and nothing more. I don't know. You'll have to ask Bill Maher.

Nothing new from Rand last night. He's always been opposed to the war on drugs. He's always shown extreme reluctance to use military force, or to engage in nation building.

He's opposed to the Civil Rights act like Al Gore invented the internet. It's important to remember that government is not the solution to every problem, and Jackie Robinson did more for race relations than any politician. If you're interested in his real views on the Civil Rights Act;

If elected, Paul wouldn't be able to wave a magic wand and reel in the NSA, CIA, Pentagon, eliminate all foreign aid, legalize marijuana, reform the FED, etc.. Anyway, he's too short to get elected. Might be shorter than Hillary.

Hello....are there any Republican's on board with Rand?

You asked for "extremists," then ask why no "Republicans" post? Fuck, if I post does that make me a extreme nutter too? Or am I allowed to have an opinion different than yours and still be even slightly respected?

It's been at least 6 years since I've talked to a sane Republican, who now call themselves Independent. I've read some of your postings and you are an insane nutter. You can call yourself a libertarian/Republican...it makes no difference because you are a nutcase.

United we stand.

I despise it. But I doubt we'd agree on either the cause or the solution.

I wasn't really referring to the "right" or the "left" in any general sense. But there are some liberals and conservatives who still care about civil liberties. Some who oppose corporatism and the warfare/welfare machine. Some who believe one's personal habits are none of the government's business. And some who believe that turning our nation into a police state isn't the way to deal with terrorism.

United we stand.

I despise it. But I doubt we'd agree on either the cause or the solution.

I wasn't really referring to the "right" or the "left" in any general sense. But there are some liberals and conservatives who still care about civil liberties. Some who oppose corporatism and the warfare/welfare machine. Some who believe one's personal habits are none of the government's business. And some who believe that turning our nation into a police state isn't the way to deal with terrorism.

I'm especially concerned about the militarization of our police force, along with the unnecessary police brutality that we hear about on the news all the time.

m4.jpg

Last edited:

Maybe he was just impressed with Ron Paul's foreign policy stance, and nothing more. I don't know. You'll have to ask Bill Maher.

Why would I talk to a horse's ass, much less ask it a question?

Hello....are there any Republican's on board with Rand?

You asked for "extremists," then ask why no "Republicans" post? Fuck, if I post does that make me a extreme nutter too? Or am I allowed to have an opinion different than yours and still be even slightly respected?

It's been at least 6 years since I've talked to a sane Republican, who now call themselves Independent. I've read some of your postings and you are an insane nutter. You can call yourself a libertarian/Republican...it makes no difference because you are a nutcase.
Avory, a nutcase?

Perhaps the problem is not that everyone is a nut case but rather YOU simply think that anyone disagreeing with you is a nut case. You are the common factor here...

I have met all stripes from all over the political spectrum and I have found very intelligent people everywhere. From downright communists to the furthest right there is there are perfectly sane (but completely incorrect) people.

Typically, those that demand the other side is simply full of idiots, nutcases or evil people are the ones that are the actual nutcases. It takes serious partisan blinders to be that blind.

Forum List

Back