Rand paul rand paul rand paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"While we all condemn the atrocities in Syria, the United States was not attacked," Paul said in a statement shortly after reports that the U.S. had launched more than 50 Tomahawk cruise missiles against an airfield in Syria.

"The President needs congressional authorization for military action as required by the Constitution, and I call on him to come to Congress for a proper debate," Paul said. "Our prior interventions in this region have done nothing to make us safer, and Syria will be no different."

"The War Powers Resolution was passed in 1973 by both Houses of Congress, overriding the veto of President Nixon. It was passed to reassert Congressional authority over the decision to send American troops to war"

The War Powers Act of 1973, passed in the aftermath of the Vietnam War, puts limits on the ability of the President to send American troops into combat areas without Congressional approval.

Under the act, the President can only send combat troops into battle or into areas where ''imminent'' hostilities are likely, for 60 days without either a declaration of war by Congress or a specific Congressional mandate."
HOW WAR POWERS ACT WORKS

And now Obama's a pussy because he went to congress to ask if he could bomb Syria in 2013.
That was one of the very rare moments when Obama did the right thing. Makes me very suspicious in fact - since he literally wiped his butt with the U.S. Constitution on everything else. I wonder if he didn't want the responsibility of the bombing to be on him - so Congress was his perfect scapegoat?

"While we all condemn the atrocities in Syria, the United States was not attacked," Paul said in a statement shortly after reports that the U.S. had launched more than 50 Tomahawk cruise missiles against an airfield in Syria.

"The President needs congressional authorization for military action as required by the Constitution, and I call on him to come to Congress for a proper debate," Paul said. "Our prior interventions in this region have done nothing to make us safer, and Syria will be no different."

Dr. Paul is correct. Perhaps this military intervention is justified, perhaps not, but either way, the Constitution requires Congressional authorization. .

Please quote that portion of the Constitution.

Article I of the Constitution gives Congress, and Congress alone, the authority to declare war — and to appropriate funds to the Defense Department to wage it.

Presidents followed that original intent up until Truman decided to change the definition of war in order to drop flowers on Korea. It was flowers they dropped, right?

You were wrong.
It's a word-for-word quote from the U.S. Constitution... :lmao:
Remember bush said it's just a piece of paper?

And now Obama's a pussy because he went to congress to ask if he could bomb Syria in 2013.

Obama struck without an AUMF and that is a fake Bush quote.

Bush: The Constitution a 'Goddamned Piece of Paper'? - FactCheck.org
Who did Obama strike? ISIS? That's allowed. But you don't bomb another country because you don't like how he treats it's citizens. OMG this is Iraq all over again. The Republicans are in charge. Get ready for more pre emptive war. God help us all.

That was one of the very rare moments when Obama did the right thing. Makes me very suspicious in fact - since he literally wiped his butt with the U.S. Constitution on everything else. I wonder if he didn't want the responsibility of the bombing to be on him - so Congress was his perfect scapegoat?

Of course!!! But so what? Damned if he did and damned if he didn't. If those pussies voted yes he would have bombed. Don't blame him, blame the Republicans. But you guys never blame the republicans.

I am truly scared of how easily manipulated the American people can be with fake news. Even when they know fake news is all out there it still works on them.

The chemical strike had no actual purpose. The intention was to make it seem as though Trump is doing something for America. The attack was not part of a more in-depth strategy or part of an effort to remove Syria’s president, Bashar al-Assad. Instead, the missile strike was a meaningless attempt to distract us from the real issue that’s right in our backyards: Donald J. Trump.

In typical Trump fashion, the missile strike was a big showy empty gesture that was intended to get the president some good press. The message that this White House sent to Assad was that the only price he will have to pay for using chemical weapons on his is own people is having 50 missiles lobbed in his direction. A missile strike without a plan is an empty gesture. Assad now knows that Trump is all talk and little action. He can do whatever he wants because Trump isn’t serious about Syria.

Much like Trump’s presidency, the missile strike was another loud but ultimately empty gesture by a president who incapable of formulating and pursuing coherent policies.

Was Trump’s military action against Syria an “empty gesture” or a “publicity stunt”?

Russia and Iran warn US they will 'respond with force' if red lines crossed in Syria again

So is Trump going to put sanctions on Russia? That'll be funny because that's exactly what Obama did.

You were wrong.

Who did Obama strike? ISIS? That's allowed. But you don't bomb another country because you don't like how he treats it's citizens. OMG this is Iraq all over again. The Republicans are in charge. Get ready for more pre emptive war. God help us all.

He conducted missile strikes inside of Syria without an AUMF, what exactly is your legal rational for allowing that but not what Trump did exactly?

Dr. Paul is correct. Perhaps this military intervention is justified, perhaps not, but either way, the Constitution requires Congressional authorization. .

Please quote that portion of the Constitution.

Article I of the Constitution gives Congress, and Congress alone, the authority to declare war — and to appropriate funds to the Defense Department to wage it.

Presidents followed that original intent up until Truman decided to change the definition of war in order to drop flowers on Korea. It was flowers they dropped, right?

Provide the declaration of war for thr Barbary Wars.

Who did Obama strike? ISIS? That's allowed.
By what authority is that allowed?

They passed a law I believe in 2003. If he's figthing ISIS the president can act unilaterally. This Assad thing isn't that. This is our President not liking the actions of another leader of another country, and Trump bombed him. That's unconstitutional. Just ask anyone who isn't a RINO in the Republican party.

I'm not going to argue with you stupid fucking republicans. You were lied into war by bush so I'm not going to even listen to you this time. Go far it. Lets see Trump fix the world you fucking dip shits.

Clearly the globalists run your party not the real conservatives.

You were wrong.

He conducted missile strikes inside of Syria without an AUMF, what exactly is your legal rational for allowing that but not what Trump did exactly?
Huh?

They passed a law I believe in 2003. If he's figthing ISIS the president can act unilaterally. This Assad thing isn't that. This is our President not liking the actions of another leader of another country, and Trump bombed him. That's unconstitutional. Just ask anyone who isn't a RINO in the Republican party.

I'm not going to argue with you stupid fucking republicans. You were lied into war by bush so I'm not going to even listen to you this time. Go far it. Lets see Trump fix the world you fucking dip shits.

You think they passed a law in 2003 that allowed Obama to fight Isis? You're not very good at thinking are you?

BTW, I'm liberal.

You think they passed a law in 2003 that allowed Obama to fight Isis? You're not very good at thinking are you?

BTW, I'm liberal.

I don't remember the year but the law said it was ok to strike Isis and what Trump did was not ISIS. Doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks. His move was unconstitutional. You republicans knew that when Obama was in power.

Most Republicans and many Democrats on The Hill wanted Obama to seek congressional approval before any military force was used.

Some of Colorado's members of Congress were among them, but they are far from the only ones who have changed their minds.

Gardner, Tipton, Coffman, Lamborn all wanted congressional approval before Obama strike

On Aug. 28 of that year, then-Rep. Cory Gardner, Rep. Scott Tipton, and Rep. Mike Coffman signed on to a House letter to Obama that urged the president to “consult and receive authorization from Congress before ordering the use of U.S. military force in Syria.”

“Engaging our military in Syria when no direct threat to the United States exists and without prior congressional authorization would violate the separation of powers that is clearly delineated in the Constitution,” the letter said.

It cited a 2011 memo that was attached to oncoming U.S. airstrikes in Libya in which the Office of Legal Counsel said congressional approval was not required in that strike because the military wasn’t engaged in “hostilities” and the scope of the attack was “limited.”

Huh?

Why does he need am AUMF to use military force and Obama doesnt?

It cited a 2011 memo that was attached to oncoming U.S. airstrikes in Libya in which the Office of Legal Counsel said congressional approval was not required in that strike because the military wasn’t engaged in “hostilities” and the scope of the attack was “limited.”

Where was Obama's AUMF for strikes against Libya dipshit? You're just proving the point that your a hypocritical little partisan shill and your morality changes with the political winds.

Forum List

Back