Rand Paul: Obama BP criticism 'un-American'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VaYank5150, May 21, 2010.

1. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
  2. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Something tells me VaYank, is afraid of this one man.

Maybe Paul is a legitimate contender or something? The only legitimate Republican contender?

Since VaYank is bound and determined to smear this one Republican, it makes me wonder if there is even one other actual Republican contender for a Senate race nation wide.

Note to Republicans: If this is any indication of what the left thinks about your other prospects, hang it up now. You have already lost the war.

Immie

3. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,408
    I would not go so far as to say that the Democrat will beat Paul in KY, but one thing is certain, the Tea Partiers have managed to do exactly what many predicted they would do,

make it harder for Republicans to win general elections by getting less electable candidates nominated.

4. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    HAHAHAHAHA. YOU are smarter than this. I don't have to smear anyone. Rand Paul is doing a fantastic job all by himself. Just as Caribou Barbie did before him. I believe I was accused of being afraid of her too...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Neither does most of the right.Hopefully intelligence prevails come election time and people see through all the lies and bullshit and political spin you see all the time. It happens with both sides, but it seems all I ever see from rep candidates is attack ads and attacks period

6. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Not by me you weren't. I just think the smear campaign you seem to be involved with is way below you. I mean way below you.

I don't know whether Paul is doing a good job of it himself or whether it is just you lefties that are out to bring him down the way righties (me included I hate to admit) brought down Kerry. I do know that the left seems to be doing their damnedest to smear Rand Paul and that tells me that they are afraid of him as they were Sarah Palin. On a personal note: it also tells me that I might want to actually pay attention to Paul, maybe he has something. If the establishment fears him then maybe there is something good in him after all?

As for Palin, there was definitely nothing to fear from her at least not as a running mate of McCain. Had she stayed out of that mix, she might have gone somewhere, but associating her name with McCain destroyed her... period.

Immie

7. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I wish it were different from the left too. It seems all I see from either side is attack ads. That is a shame if you ask me. Neither side cares about making this a better country. To borrow a line from the owner of one of my favorite football teams, both party mottos are along the line of "Just Win Baby".

Immie

8. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Please take a moment and help me understand (stop calling me a leftie, you necon), how anyone is doing anything to smear Rand Paul? All I have done is to post his exact words. Is that a smear campaign to you folks?

9. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,194
    Rand Paul seems to be making rookie mistakes. His ideology is most radical and unlike a seasoned politician he actually says what he believes. It is unlikely any thinking, informed and rational American voter will support him. Rand Paul's ideology is way extreme and if one were to step back, put their emotions in the pocket, and consider the consequences of what he suggests, his ideas will be rejected by the many.

ps, Immie, you favor the Raiders? How sad. Do you drink, take anti-depressives or watch soccer on Sundays in the fall?

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  10. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    No, you have not. That thread about his statement about the Civil Rights Act... you didn't even post a link. Remember? You simply titled the thread with a statement that he opposed the Civil Rights Act, which as far as I can tell is not the truth.

You also made other unsubstantiated statements about his beliefs in that thread.

At least in this thread, you provided a link.

And my apologies, about the "leftie". It was not meant as a dirty word... there is nothing wrong with being a leftie. You will know I despise you when I call you an extremists or progressive ;). Although I should say "F(udge) You", for calling me a Neocon. There are few words that you could call me that draw as much ire from me as that one!!!

Immie