Rand Paul Not Quite Ready To Shut Down Government Over Planned Parenthood

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Republican leaders aren't jumping on board with this conservative demand.

WASHINGTON -- Conservatives in and out of Congress have argued this past week for Republicans to shut down the government if the next funding bill includes money for Planned Parenthood. Early signs suggest that top officials aren’t taking the bait.

On Sunday, presidential candidate Rand Paul (R-Ky.) balked at the idea of a government shutdown showdown over the embattled women’s health group.

"I support any legislation that will defund Planned Parenthood. But I don't think you start out with your objective to shut down government," Paul told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

The remarks takes a bit of wind out of the sails of social conservatives. A small but vocal number of Republican lawmakers wrote their party’s leadership last week demanding that taxpayer money no longer go to Planned Parenthood. Meanwhile, Redstate.com’s editor in chief, Erick Erickson, promised to press every presidential candidate on that issue during a forum he’s hosting this coming week.

I wish Republicans would end their war on women.

I so wish that I could just shutter PP for a couple of years, and when the bills come due for all the new babies, including the ones their slut daughters had, the right-wingers will be screaming for cheap and easy birth control, real sex ed. and safe and legal abortions.

It's almost worth de-funding the damn thing ourselves and burning all the clinics to the ground. Often the best way to fix a broken system is to just crash the fucking thing and start over. By the time we got done the GOP would be be passing out birth control pills and condoms like candy to every teenager in the country.

5239554822_c22e180074_b.jpg

NaziCons keep saying their goal is to stop all government funding for abortion - but that is a lie. They want to end all abortions regardless of who pays for them.

NaziCons keep saying their goal is to stop all government funding for abortion - but that is a lie. They want to end all abortions regardless of who pays for them.
Yep, so, let's do it and they can see, and pick up the tab, for what that would really be like, including the funerals for dead women who either died from illegal abortions or couldn't get a legal one to save their lives. Let's start prep-walking these murderers right to hangman's noose, on live TV. That will shows those sluts to keep their legs crossed when abortion is murder.

Last edited:

How is that different than the Democrats on your issues? Serious question. If you want something ended, you don't both go to end it and to have government not fund it?

That is lie because there is no government funding for abortion.

It was banned under the Hyde Amendment in 1997.

Yes, their agenda is to end all abortions which is impossible because even if they make them illegal they will still continue to happen.

You losers and shutting down this government. IT'S like you wont be ABLE to live if that happens. it's so freaking PATHETIC

That is lie because there is no government funding for abortion.

It was banned under the Hyde Amendment in 1997.

Yes, their agenda is to end all abortions which is impossible because even if they make them illegal they will still continue to happen.

I agree! That is my point. NaziCons like to keep defunding stuff that ain't happening. How many times did they defund ACORN?

NaziCons don't have the political muscle to end "legal" abortions - so they keep trying to come through the back door. They think if they keep chipping away that the abortion tree will fall.

Shutting down PP will solve nothing illegal abortion will remain and grow.
The foster care system will be swamped, the female and infant death rate will skyrocket.
All because a bunch of assholes won't mind their own business.

Conservatives are not going to shutdown govt

They know it is too risky of a gambit right now.

"The remarks takes a bit of wind out of the sails of social conservatives."

Good.

"I wish Republicans would end their war on women."

Everyone should wish republicans show as much interest in sound, responsible governance as they do this inane nonsense.

The foster care system will be swamped, the female and infant death rate will skyrocket.
Republicans don't care if this happens, they lack any critical thinking skills.

WASHINGTON -- Conservatives in and out of Congress have argued this past week for Republicans to shut down the government if the next funding bill includes money for Planned Parenthood. Early signs suggest that top officials aren’t taking the bait.

On Sunday, presidential candidate Rand Paul (R-Ky.) balked at the idea of a government shutdown showdown over the embattled women’s health group.

"I support any legislation that will defund Planned Parenthood. But I don't think you start out with your objective to shut down government," Paul told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

The remarks takes a bit of wind out of the sails of social conservatives. A small but vocal number of Republican lawmakers wrote their party’s leadership last week demanding that taxpayer money no longer go to Planned Parenthood. Meanwhile, Redstate.com’s editor in chief, Erick Erickson, promised to press every presidential candidate on that issue during a forum he’s hosting this coming week.

Just because Rand says he believes abortion is murder and they are taking the body parts and selling them in no way means he should shut down government for something so trivial.

After all, there are elections to win, don't ya know.

Just because Rand says he believes abortion is murder and they are taking the body parts and selling them in no way means he should shut down government for something so trivial.

After all, there are elections to win, don't ya know.
Odd that conservatives would be so against making money morality has never stopped them before.

Um...mind their own business? You are forcing them to pay for it, don't be ridiculous. I hate being on the same side as liberals. Even when you are on the right side, your arguments are just stupid

I maybe the suspicious type but I can't help but think this 'issue', these video tapes, were timed.

I know the GOP leadership did not want to talk about immigration.(Trump open this can of worms)

I know they did not want to talk about TPA/P and the Ex-IM bank.(Cruz and Paul open these cans)

However, they are crawling all over themselves with the abortion issue. A virtual non-issue when you think about it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back