Rand Paul, NOT BOARD CERTIFIED. Caught in a lie....Oh My.

Rand Paul's ophthalmology certification not recognized by national clearinghouse | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal.

It would seem that Dr. Paul LIED about being board certified. A lying, TEABAGGING hate monger caught again.

Makes me feel so goddamn good.

this has been beaten into the ground. Paul is not certified by a nationally recognized medical board. He is certified by a Board that he, himself, created. Please see the other thread in Political that addresses this issue.

He did not agree with the selection criteria of the recognized board, so he created his own. This is not unlike a black person who, according to Paul, may be refused admission to a business due to his color. The person could then just go and start his own business. That is the raionale here.

Rand Paul's ophthalmology certification not recognized by national clearinghouse | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal.

It would seem that Dr. Paul LIED about being board certified. A lying, TEABAGGING hate monger caught again.

A "Teabagging hate monger" huh?

Would you care to explain President's Obama continuous statements made using racial profiling and generalities? I made 2 threads about it. Is his racial profiling OK, but no one elses? The only "hate mongering" I've seen is Obama constantly trying to convince everyone of the white man's greed and "bred in" bias.

this has been beaten into the ground. Paul is not certified by a nationally recognized medical board. He is certified by a Board that he, himself, created. Please see the other thread in Political that addresses this issue.

He did not agree with the selection criteria of the recognized board, so he created his own. This is not unlike a black person who, according to Paul, may be refused admission to a business due to his color. The person could then just go and start his own business. That is the raionale here.

Ohh I would surely trust my eyes to a DR that is certified by his own board ;)

Personal smears wont be enough for Democrats this time around. They have completely screwed so many future generations. Their petty & hateful personal smears are going to fall on deaf ears this time around. Their BOOOOOOOOSH Boogeyman isn't around to bail them out. Without their "I hate dat BOOOOOOOOOOSH!!" stuff,the Democrats are completely useless. Who would actually want to rush out there and vote for a Democrat at this point? Most Republicans should win by default. Can they really do any worse than the Democrats? Let em have their petty personal smears. That wont be enough. Go Rand!!

I finally found a more-than-passing reference to the NBO

For all Paul's passion, his National Board remains something like the Libertarian Party of ophthalmology. Registered in Kentucky and governed by Paul and two family members, it continues – Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said – to run a formal, confidential recertification process for ABOP dissidents that is much like that of ABO itself. The group has no website and no public presence, but it most recently recertified a doctor just two weeks ago, Benton said. Paul, in his statement, suggested that the American Board of Medical Specialties had refused to embrace his rival group to protect ABOP, one of it charter members, though there's no evidence Paul ever seriously sought formal recognition.

The National Board of Ophthalmology "never quite caught fire like Rand and the 200 other ophthalmologists had hoped, but it continues to offer quality, trustworthy certifications for ophthalmologists," said Benton.

Paul's ophthalmological crusade

Rand Paul, by claiming to something he is not, "Board Certified", he violates the code of etchis that such a certification demands.

Being a "Board Certified Doctor" means that as a doctor, Paul adheres to a standard of conduct and a code of ethics that demands he be above all else, open and honest which he is not.

As a person who has had an up close and personal (surgical) relationship with "Board Certified" Surgical Ophthalmoloist(s), it means that the patient trusts the doctor to be as well informed as possible.

In July 1980, as a patient at Ft. Miley V.A. Mecdical Center in San Franciso, I under went eye surgery that was an attempt to save my left eye (which failed, the eye was removed one year later).

My Doctor (Dr. Stanley) was certified by the American Medical Association, by the American College of Medical Specialities and the U.S. Government. He did not just walk in the room and certify himself.

Rand is lying about his status as a medical doctor. The one thing a patient should be able to do is trust that his/her doctor is being as honest and open with them as possible. Rand is violating a fundamental concept here.

He certified himself, "I'm the fucking doctor because I say so." ain't enough. Being Board Certified means he meets a standard for conduct and ethics that demands the vest he has, and he is lying about his status.

I know repugs have little or interest in ethics or honesty, each and everyone of prove that daily.

Rand Paul is LYING about his professional credentials. The one thing a patient must know is that the doctor treating is being honest with them, up to and including the schools, professional training and professional medical association the doctors claims to be a member of or being certified by.

Rand Paul is LYING to his patients. If he can so casually lie about his certification, whatelse is he lying about?

Rand Paul is LYING about his professional credentials. The one thing a patient must know is that the doctor treating is being honest with them, up to and including the schools, professional training and professional medical association the doctors claims to be a member of or being certified by.

Rand Paul is LYING to his patients. If he can so casually lie about his certification, whatelse is he lying about?

No, you have not proven he is lying.

Forum List

Back