Rand Paul: Jail those Who Attend 'Radical Political Speeches from Religious Leaders'

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
http://thinkprogress.org/author/alex-seitz-wald/ Paul’s suggestion that people be imprisoned or deported for merely attending a political speech would be a fairly egregious violation on the First Amendment, not to mention due process. What if someone attended a radical speech as a curious bystander? Should they too be thrown in prison? And who defines what is considered so “radical” that it is worth imprisonment?
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/05/31/232182/rand-paul-criminalize-speech/

I get the feeling Rand is about as similar to his father as Ron Reagan is to his.

http://thinkprogress.org/author/alex-seitz-wald/ Paul’s suggestion that people be imprisoned or deported for merely attending a political speech would be a fairly egregious violation on the First Amendment, not to mention due process. What if someone attended a radical speech as a curious bystander? Should they too be thrown in prison? And who defines what is considered so “radical” that it is worth imprisonment?
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/05/31/232182/rand-paul-criminalize-speech/

And this is the mind of the RNC's champion. Where's is Bush-clone when we need a comparison?

One of the dumbest things I've ever heard, good to keep Ron and Rand as separate people.

Remember Waco? Koresh was a religious whackjob that somehow threatened government by having a weapons stash. Didn't the Clinton administration want him locked up? I'm not saying that I agree with Rand, but it's not like this is a new concept.

Last edited:
Remember Waco? Koresh was a religious whackjob that somehow threatened government by having a weapons stash. Didn't the Clinton administration want him locked up? I'm not saying that I agree with Rand, but it's not like this is a new concept.

New or old doesn't have any bearing on how stupid or wrong a concept is.

Click on the link in the OP and listen closely to what Paul said in context. It's not as bad as it's being made out to be.

Seems a tad odd for a libertarian, especially one who says he supports allowing white restaurant owners to bar blacks from being served.

WTF???

This is why I have yet to commit to any support of Rand. He seems to know the libertarian line and reproduces it fairly consistently, but then he says shit like this. I try to keep in mind how much worse other politicians are, especially when they're caught in an unguarded moment, but it's not reassuring. Has anyone heard him re-address this comment? Has he tried to talk his way out of it yet?

After reading around on this on a few different sites, and hearing some of his statements since, I get the impression he's playing politics - trying to do some damage control. My guess is he got a boatload of calls from insecure neocons over his attack on the Patriot Act, and now he's trying to convince them he's really 'tough' on terrorists after all. Whatever.

That's the feeling I got from him during his campaign. Even if he does have good intent, he's much more worried about playing politics than his dad. Ron just lays it out there and lets the voters figure out if they like what he has to say or not. In the end, I think people respond more to integrity and candor than to waffling and political games. (or at least I hope they do)

FWIW, Rand gives a more balanced description of his view on a radio show here: Great googly moogly, JCPS has done it again. | Mandy Connell - 84 WHAS :: Depend On It!

Wait wait wait.... Are we talking about citizens or people visiting from other countries? That kind of makes all the difference.

Click on the link in the OP and listen closely to what Paul said in context. It's not as bad as it's being made out to be.

Just like saying no the civil rights act? His father made it very clear what he thought and we all know BOTH of their feelings no whites only businesses.

Fuck em both.

SO it's out, the OP is a fucking worthless low-life scum bag. Yes Rand was talking about fucking TERRORIST YOU FUCK WASTE OF LIFE. Rand was not implying that the Government DEPORT or IMPRISION a citizen of the USA because they go to a hate rally.

Fucking shit people, then look at the mindless fools saying "yay we have BS lie that we can pretend means something and attack a Republican over yay" in this very thread.

Holy shit people, get some BASIC ass context when you see shit like this. I listened to the pathetically edited audio and the FIRST question that entered my mind was “WHAT WAS HE REPLYING TO?” So now a POS looser goes out and starts a thread where we are left to assume Rand Paul means your normal average everyday citizen should be watched and *DEPORTED* or imprisoned for no fucking reason.

Just like saying no the civil rights act? His father made it very clear what he thought and we all know BOTH of their feelings no whites only businesses.

Fuck em both.

And you make it clear you want to kill white babies. I said it, it makes it fact… just like you, right…?

This is what is it all in response too... It's about the PA and how it destroys liberties for Americans. His response on the edited (cut short, no context) audio was about what we do with non American citizens that go to rallies that push an idea of violence against America.... Rand also said "I think to some degree we should look at these people for doing these things with a possibility of prison or deportation," or something close to that. It was not even as fucked up ass backwards cut and dry as the BS audio the OP provided tries to make it seem.

This is like the whole “Rand Paul stomp” BS lol… Then the whole video comes out and BAM! The left looks like a bunch of fuckwads who took a story at face value with absolutely ZERO context. Did you all notice how fast that story died in the media? Yeah it’s because it made anyone who picked up and ran with it look mentally retarded, just like the OP of this thread.

Forum List

Back