Rand Paul is not a certified Doctor

All of which is irrelevat. He is running for a Senate seat, not for a position on an Ophthamology Board.

So then you'd agree that Conway is making this a campaign issue just to smear Rand?

I doubt this came from Conway. I haven't seen anything that says it did. But you need to wonder about someone who starts his own organization for certification, of which, board members are members of his family. Makes you kind of say...HHHHMMMMMM:doubt:

He certified himself

Do you have evidence to prove that he certified himself without doing all the certification requirements? I'm sure he probably recuses himself from his own certification as well, but if you have evidence to the contrary we'd be delighted to see it.

OK. And?
Bill Clinton is not a member of the bar anywhere.
Who cares?
Or is this just some attempt to throw dirt and see if it sticks?

Let Bill Clinton operate on you eyeballs. Don't let him use an "ice pick".

All of which is irrelevat. He is running for a Senate seat, not for a position on an Ophthamology Board.

So then you'd agree that Conway is making this a campaign issue just to smear Rand?

Of course that's what's going on. Who cares who certified Paul? No one is making appointments to have their eyes examined with him.
It's just to stir dirt. And a particularly stupid ineffective way at that.
If you disagree with Paul's stance on issues, fine. Say so and explain why. But this is garbage.

I certified myself to be a brain surgeon. The only people who cared were my patients. Of course, they don't really care anymore, about anything.

I doubt this came from Conway. I haven't seen anything that says it did. But you need to wonder about someone who starts his own organization for certification, of which, board members are members of his family. Makes you kind of say...HHHHMMMMMM:doubt:

The campaign for his Democratic rival, Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway, said the episode raises serious questions about Paul's character. Conway's campaign said it shows Paul doesn't want to be held to the same standards as other doctors.

"It is clear that Rand Paul does not think the rules apply to him," Conway campaign manager Jonathan Drobis said in a statement Monday.

It may not have originated from Conway's campaign, but they clearly have no problem running with it to further smear Rand.

He certified himself

Do you have evidence to prove that he certified himself without doing all the certification requirements? I'm sure he probably recuses himself from his own certification as well, but if you have evidence to the contrary we'd be delighted to see it.
Only in a fairtytale world would my reply warrant a rebuttal.
There was absolutley nothing untrue in my post.
Nothing I said required proof from me.
Your post, however......
:eusa_eh:

So he's kind of like those Tim McVeigh types who drive around without license plates to protest big government...

...jeezus christ what happened to this country...

OK. And?
Who cares?

and Bill Clinton does not need to practise law anymore.

Nor does anyone need to be certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology in order to be a practicing ophthalmologist. One need only be LICENSED by the medical board of one's state.

By the way, not being certified by that board does NOT equal "not certified". Read your own smucking link.

He certified himself

Your post, however......

You claimed that Rand Paul certified himself. Do you have evidence that this occurred?

Your post, however......

You claimed that Rand Paul certified himself. Do you have evidence that this occurred?
Did you not read the opening post?

Your post, however......

I certainly did. Nowhere did it say that Rand certified himself. It said that Rand was certified by the National Board of Ophthalmology, of which Rand is the President.

OK. And?
Who cares?

Nor does anyone need to be certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology in order to be a practicing ophthalmologist. One need only be LICENSED by the medical board of one's state.

By the way, not being certified by that board does NOT equal "not certified". Read your own smucking link.
Then why did he feel he needed to form his own board in order to certify himself?????

I certainly did. Nowhere did it say that Rand certified himself. It said that Rand was certified by the National Board of Ophthalmology, of which Rand is the President.
***** In the late 1990s, Paul was a driving force behind forming the National Board of Ophthalmology to protest the ABO's exemption policy.*****

I repeat my previous post.
He formed the board.
Made himself king...err...president.
Poof!!!! He's certified!!!!
:clap2:

I took the American Board of Ophthalmology (the largest governing body in ophthalmology) boards in 1995, passed them on my first attempt (as well as three times during residency), and was therefore board-certified under this organization for a decade.

In 1997, I, along with 200 other young ophthalmologists formed the National Board of Ophthalmology to protest the American Board of Ophthalmology's decision to grandfather in the older ophthalmologists and not require them to recertify.
Right Now - Rand Paul: I passed my ophthalmology certification, but took a stand against the way the board operates

Rand Paul is a certified ophthalmologist with a rival organization, the National Board of Ophthalmology, because he disagrees with the ABO's discriminatory practices.
Of which he is the head

From the OP link said:
He is listed as the group's president; his wife, Kelley, is listed as vice president; and his father-in-law is listed as secretary.
:cuckoo:

BUT.....

What do you call someone that graduates at the bottom of his/her medical class?

Doctor :tongue:

Though not relevant to political office, it DOES speak to character.
:eusa_whistle:

You're right. It DOES speak to character. I think the willingness to go out and start your own board of ophthalmologists - which has GOT to be a lot of work - to take a stand against practices you disagree with speaks very highly of his character.

Then why did he feel he needed to form his own board in order to certify himself?????

Did YOU read the opening post, and the link attached?

To create competition for an organization that he feels discriminates.

Forum List

Back