Rand Paul is endorsing Gary Johnson for Senate

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
I've never been a fan of Gary Johnson, but the Republican is worse.

Snip...

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky is endorsing the Gary Johnson's Libertarian campaign for U.S. Senate in the state of New Mexico.

In a news release Tuesday, Paul shunned the Republican nominee and announced his support for Johnson, a former Republican governor of New Mexico who ran for president as a Libertarian in 2012 and 2016.

Continued - Sen. Rand Paul Backs Libertarian Candidate in New Mexico

I saw this yesterday. Awesome news. Still a long shot for Johnson, but the closest we've probably ever had to get a Libertarian elected to the Senate.

Gary Johnson is kind of a LINO (Libertarian in Name Only). That's why I was surprised that he got the L nomination in 2016.

Either way, I hope Gary Johnson at least takes a good chunk of the votes and starts to legitimize the party.

I saw this yesterday. Awesome news. Still a long shot for Johnson, but the closest we've probably ever had to get a Libertarian elected to the Senate.

There's a real good chance. The Republican machine is already starting to bash both Rand and Johnson on social media.

GJ is a moron but i still hope he wins.
Fuck the duopoly

He's got his pluses and minuses, but I'll take him any day in the Senate.

If Rand can get a Trump endorsement for johnson, it's over. Johnson would be smooth sailing. It would be to Trump's benefit. He needs the refusenik votes in the general election.

GJ is a moron but i still hope he wins.
Fuck the duopoly

:th_thgoodpost: :beer:

Far as I'm concerned anybody anywhere who can get a foot in the door without putting on a D or R shoe is doing us all a service. That's how you break through.

Worry about the details later, the first thing is to break the stranglehold.

Gary Johnson is kind of a LINO (Libertarian in Name Only). That's why I was surprised that he got the L nomination in 2016.

Either way, I hope Gary Johnson at least takes a good chunk of the votes and starts to legitimize the party.

Yes, johnson is a terrible libertarian. And still I voted for him it's so bad

Johnson is so bad, he's the pothead Blep candidate. Remember his famous Blep interview.

Every libertarian is a LINO because every libertarian proclaims to be one of the 78593872 different kinds of libertarian -- due to them always having the change their positions based on the fact their policies don't work

Eric Brakey, Republican Senate Candidate in Maine, Endorses Gary Johnson

Eric was a Ron Paul delegate back in '12 :113: and currently a state Senator. :eusa_clap:

Snip - "I think that Gary Johnson would be one of the best U.S. senators in the U.S. Senate were he to win," Brakey told The Libertarian Republic. "I think he would be there on a lot of issues that are near and dear to my heart as a libertarian....I hope that he wins. I would love to serve alongside him."

"Now, he's not a perfect libertarian," Brakey said in the interview, "but there are very few people who are perfect libertarians...

Last edited:
Johnson has a better chance at a win than you might think. He was governor of New Mexico and, as far as I know, well liked by Dems & Repubs alike. I've been... I wouldn't say a fan but definitely interested in his positions since before I left California in 2009. And yes, I have voted for him for President twice. He was certainly the better candidate in the last election. And for the record, having voted my conscience, I sleep just fine.

So, he got 15% of the vote. In his home state.

Better than 95% of third party candidates

Yeah. It was. I wasn't gonna say anything about it, though. lol.

The 2024 is so wide open for shenanigans. They wouldn't even expect it. Wouldn't even see us coming til the train rolled through. Need to get moving.

Hell I voted for Johnson in the election before Trump ran.

I like some of what he says and think he would make a fine Senator.

Johnson is perhaps the biggest dope ever to head the LP ticket....That he looks like a credible option in this race, to the point that he could get the endorsement from Rand Paul, just goes to show what a sad state of affairs the nation is in.

Johnson is perhaps the biggest dope ever to head the LP ticket....That he looks like a credible option in this race, to the point that he could get the endorsement from Rand Paul, just goes to show what a sad state of affairs the nation is in.

What did you think about Darrell Castle? Remember him? He was the Constitution Party's guy in the 2016.

I was gonna vote for him but I ended up writing-in Ron Paul.

Forum List

Back