Rand Paul - Handicapping the GOP Hopefuls

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Rand Paul

Qualification- Junior Senator from Kentucky.

Pro- is the standard-bearer for the Libertarian Wing of the GOP.

Cons - Scares the hell out of the GOP establishment, is too cozy with racists and Historical Revisionists/Confederate Apologists.

The ironic thing is the GOP used to laugh at Libertarians, now they are a major force in the party, mostly due to rich sugar daddies like the Koch Brothers. While Paul's Father was always "That crazy guy we have to let on the stage", Rand is someone they might have to take a little more seriously.

A few more hours on this one, Joey, and you might want to make up some stuff about Rand and maybe you'll get someone to bite.

But there's so much crazy about the guy on his own.

I don't think anyone takes him seriously, though.

Does anyone take you seriously?

I'm not running for President. But obviously, due to the lack of interest on this thread, no one is taking Rand Paul seriously, either.

I didn't know some Senators were "junior". I guess that's a way the old, corrupted ones way of keeping the newer, motivated ones in line?

"Did he ever say he was an Indian because of his high cheekbones? Asthma breathalyzer? 57 states?"

Or "we are going to kick out the mainstream GOP and take over". :boohoo:

Kentucky's Sec of State Allison Grimes said she wouldn't allow Rand Paul to run for both the Senate and the Presidency in 2016. The democrats control the State House in Kentucky so it's unlikely the law will be repealed in time.

Kentucky's Sec of State Allison Grimes said she wouldn't allow Rand Paul to run for both the Senate and the Presidency in 2016. The democrats control the State House in Kentucky so it's unlikely the law will be repealed in time.
Are you scared? I thought Hillary was impregnable. Well, by now, she is certainly post-menopausal.

Are you scared? I thought Hillary was impregnable. Well, by now, she is certainly post-menopausal.

Not the least bit. I think Rand Paul would entirely transform what the Republican Party is if he got elected president.

Unfortunately I'm being totally honest when I say that there isn't much chance of him running now. I REALLY doubt he'd give up his Senate seat to make a run for president.

Rand Paul reminds me of Dennis Kucinich. Both resort to the theoretical when confronted with the actual.

Forum List

Back