Rand Paul Goes Off: 'We Will Nullify' Gun Legislation

Rachel Maddow did an excellent segment last night about rightwing trolling, the point being that these politicians and commentators and various other blowhards on the right make these outrageous inflammatory absurd statements simply for the entertainment of their base,

because that translates into money.

Same exact point I made yesterday morning about the nonsense coming out of the NRA lately, coincidentally.

Rachel Maddow did an excellent segment last night about rightwing trolling, the point being that these politicians and commentators and various other blowhards on the right make these outrageous inflammatory absurd statements simply for the entertainment of their base,

because that translates into money.

Same exact point I made yesterday morning about the nonsense coming out of the NRA lately, coincidentally.

It exists on both sides. Labeling law abiding citizens who choose to own weapons, "NUTTERS or GUN NUTTERS" is leftwing trolling and it happens every single day.

Excellent interview!! King Obama and his merry band of FASCISTS aren't going to get away with stealing democracy. YOU DON'T OWN this country nor do you make the laws on your own.

It's about time we stood up for liberty! GO Rand!!

STFU fatty.

Your party is circling the bowl and you're too busy stuffing your face to realize it.

By Mollie Reilly

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is proposing legislation to nullify President Obama's executive actions on gun policy, claiming that the president's actions are a breach of constitutional separation of powers between the executive and legislative branches.

During a Wednesday appearance on Fox News' "Hannity," the Republican senator outlined his plan to challenge Obama's anti-gun violence package.

"Our founding fathers were very concerned about us having separation of powers. They didn't want to let the president become a king." Paul said. "In this bill, we will nullify anything the president does that smacks of legislation."

Paul continued: "I'm afraid that President Obama may have this king complex sort of developing ... I think there's a history of this arrogance."

Talking Points Memo offered more details on Paul's plan:

“We only have descriptions of the executive actions, yet many could be construed to describe an attempt by the executive to make laws in violation of the Article 1, Sec. 8 of the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment,” reads the one-page summary of the Paul plan shared with TPM by his staff.

Paul’s bill will set out to nullify Obama’s executive actions, deny any federal funding for their implementation, and allow members of Congress and state officials to challenge the actions in court.​

Paul acknowledged that he may have trouble garnering support for his proposal in the Senate, where Democrats hold the majority.

More: Rand Paul To Challenge Obama's Gun Control Executive Actions

I think Paul believes he is the reincarnation of John Calhoun.

Excellent interview!! King Obama and his merry band of FASCISTS aren't going to get away with stealing democracy. YOU DON'T OWN this country nor do you make the laws on your own.

It's about time we stood up for liberty! GO Rand!!

Someone might want to explain to Rand that the President is unlikely to sign Rand's bill into law.

Well you can X one more off the 2016 potential list.

It's kinda sad, I can support many of the Teabaggers' position on spending (if not their tactics). So how come so many of them insist on driving away their potential support?

Nullification? Seriously?
Like that issue hasn't been settled for more than a century...

I wish I could find SOMEONE - ANYONE who is not a nutter who is willing to go to the mattresses over spending.

Forum List

Back