Rand Paul Goes Off: 'We Will Nullify' Gun Legislation

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Mollie Reilly

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is proposing legislation to nullify President Obama's executive actions on gun policy, claiming that the president's actions are a breach of constitutional separation of powers between the executive and legislative branches.

During a Wednesday appearance on Fox News' "Hannity," the Republican senator outlined his plan to challenge Obama's anti-gun violence package.

"Our founding fathers were very concerned about us having separation of powers. They didn't want to let the president become a king." Paul said. "In this bill, we will nullify anything the president does that smacks of legislation."

Paul continued: "I'm afraid that President Obama may have this king complex sort of developing ... I think there's a history of this arrogance."

Talking Points Memo offered more details on Paul's plan:

“We only have descriptions of the executive actions, yet many could be construed to describe an attempt by the executive to make laws in violation of the Article 1, Sec. 8 of the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment,” reads the one-page summary of the Paul plan shared with TPM by his staff.

Paul’s bill will set out to nullify Obama’s executive actions, deny any federal funding for their implementation, and allow members of Congress and state officials to challenge the actions in court.​

Paul acknowledged that he may have trouble garnering support for his proposal in the Senate, where Democrats hold the majority.

More: Rand Paul To Challenge Obama's Gun Control Executive Actions

Teabagger "Aqua Buddha" is a nut like his daddy, looking for his 15 minutes of fame. He has visions of living in the White House. Will never happen...

Excellent interview!! King Obama and his merry band of FASCISTS aren't going to get away with stealing democracy. YOU DON'T OWN this country nor do you make the laws on your own.

It's about time we stood up for liberty! GO Rand!!

Teabagger "Aqua Buddha" is a nut like his daddy, looking for his 15 minutes of fame. He has visions of living in the White House. Will never happen...

Yeah... Going against gun Rights has worked so well for Politicians in the past. :lol: Are you joking, or do you really believe the horse shit you write?

Funny. Loony, but funny...

No..WHAT'S LOONEY is you.. you are a very sick individual. You and TM should be locked away. You're frighteningly crazy! OBAMA IS NOT KING OR RULER, GET IT??? Your ilk don't RULE by executive fiat and if you think we out here are simply going to roll over and play dead, YOU'RE VERY MISTAKEN. You dumbass leftist FASCISTS have wayyyyyyyyyyyy overstepped this time.. Time to put you back in your straight jackets.

king-obama-59693.jpg

Obama is our Lord and Master.

obamas executive order are pretty tepid and well within his appropriated powers, randy challenging them will go down like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw3dWOssOhs#t=1m27s]Austin Powers-Daddy Pants - YouTube[/ame]

the assault weapons ban simply wont get past the house, Im guessing its even being floated to give republicans an out, a trophy to hold up in the air and say "look what we saved you from" in exchange for their inevitable cave in on whether we pay our bills.

Well, Obama released the executive orders. What is Rand going to "nullify", exactly?

He's not the KING and neither are you and your FASCIST friends. Co-Equal branches which means Congress is EQUAL to the executive branch, GET IT?

You really need to work on your GED...

YOU are an example of public school education. Completely ignorant of US Goverment. It's called SEPARATION OF POWERS STOOOOOPID and it's in the Constitution. There are 3 BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT, CO-EQUAL.. My God you're scary!

Well, Obama released the executive orders. What is Rand going to "nullify", exactly?

He's not the KING and neither are you and your FASCIST friends. Co-Equal branches which means Congress is EQUAL to the executive branch, GET IT?

How does that have anything to do with this thread or my post?

What the fuck are you talking about, exactly?

Why don't you learn to read???? Or do you need it spelled out for you FASCIST?

Why don't you learn to read???? Or do you need it spelled out for you FASCIST?

The premise of this thread is that Rand Paul is going to try to "nullify" President Obama's Executive Orders, should he make them.

And he did, today. He release his list of executive actions regarding guns, and I was wondering what exactly about them you guys thought was executive overreach, and how Rand Paul was going to "nullify" them.

You really need to work on your GED...

YOU are an example of public school education. Completely ignorant of US Goverment. It's called SEPARATION OF POWERS STOOOOOPID and it's in the Constitution. There are 3 BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT, CO-EQUAL.. My God you're scary!

The use of Executive Orders has always been a recognized power of the Executive.

New Topics

Forum List

Back