Rand Paul Fights for Conservative Principles — And Wins

I don't know if brains factor into the Palin/Paul argument. He's certainly better educated than she is, but she's very quick at distracting.

Well, I don't really want American politics to be like an episode of The Bachelorette. Palin could be hot or ugly as hell; she's still a bubblehead either way.

rand-paul-filibuster_thumb1.jpg

March 8, 2013
By Arnold Ahlert

Paul began his marathon session at 11:47 a.m. Wednesday and continued until 12:39 a.m. Thursday morning. At various times he was joined by fellow Republican Senators Ted Cruz (R-TX), Marco Rubio (R-FL), Saxby Chambliss (R-GA), Mitch McConnell (R-KY), and Mike Lee (R-UT). Yet a key moment occurred in the fifth hour after the filibuster began, when Democratic Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) announced on Twitter that he was headed to the Senate floor to join his Republican colleague. When he got there, Wyden admitted that he intended to “vote for Mr. Brennan on the floor,” but he also concluded that “the executive branch should not be allowed to conduct such a serious and far-reaching program by themselves without any scrutiny, because that’s not how American democracy works. That’s not what our system is about.”

At 4:45 p.m. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) asked if Paul knew when he would end his filibuster so Brennan’s nomination could be brought to a vote. Paul responded that he would stop “if the president or the attorney general will clarify that they will not kill Americans on American soil.” Just after 7 p.m. Paul asked for Democrats’ consent to vote on a non-binding resolution opposing the killing of U.S. citizens on American soil. When Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) proposed a committee hearing in lieu of a vote, Paul continued talking, reminding his listeners that he voted to approve the nominations of Secretary of State John Kerry and Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel. “But I will not sit quietly and let [the president] shred the Constitution…I would be here if it were a Republican president doing this,” he contended. “Really the great irony of this is that President Obama’s opinion on this is an extension of George Bush’s opinion.”

The greater insult to the American people was arguably the indifference expressed by some Democrats. Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) referred to the filibuster as “background noise.” Nancy Pelosi refused to watch Paul, contending that ”there are certain things that fall into the category of ‘life is too short,’” even as she expressed the hope that “Democrats will use the filibuster sometime as well in that way.” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) called Democrats out. “I agree that one of the saddest things we’ve seen during the eight hours that Rand Paul has been filibustering is the crickets chirping from the other side of the aisle, with the exception of Ron Wyden, and I appreciate his coming down,” Cruz said Wednesday on Mark Levin’s radio show. “But with that exception, where were the Democrats? How can they not be every bit as outraged as all of the rest of us are?”

Rand Paul deserves a great deal of praise for bringing together Americans of all political stripes. He gets additional points for wresting critical information from an Obama administration that has made a regular practice of stonewalling questions it does not wish to answer, which it attempted to do in this case. Paul’s bold effort provides the model of the future of the conservative movement and what can be accomplished when those on the right forcefully and engagingly champion the cause.

Rand Paul Fights for Conservative Principles ? And Wins

Funny thing is, you frequently defend Bush and the Iraq war. Do you realize Rand represents the exact opposite of that mindset?

Funny thing is, you might watch to much Firefly. I frequently defend Bush = B/S and my one post on the Iraq war was to roust some progressive/liberals. Now if you know me you know I'M going to say, where's the links...:eusa_whistle:

rand-paul-filibuster_thumb1.jpg

March 8, 2013
By Arnold Ahlert

Paul began his marathon session at 11:47 a.m. Wednesday and continued until 12:39 a.m. Thursday morning. At various times he was joined by fellow Republican Senators Ted Cruz (R-TX), Marco Rubio (R-FL), Saxby Chambliss (R-GA), Mitch McConnell (R-KY), and Mike Lee (R-UT). Yet a key moment occurred in the fifth hour after the filibuster began, when Democratic Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) announced on Twitter that he was headed to the Senate floor to join his Republican colleague. When he got there, Wyden admitted that he intended to “vote for Mr. Brennan on the floor,” but he also concluded that “the executive branch should not be allowed to conduct such a serious and far-reaching program by themselves without any scrutiny, because that’s not how American democracy works. That’s not what our system is about.”

At 4:45 p.m. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) asked if Paul knew when he would end his filibuster so Brennan’s nomination could be brought to a vote. Paul responded that he would stop “if the president or the attorney general will clarify that they will not kill Americans on American soil.” Just after 7 p.m. Paul asked for Democrats’ consent to vote on a non-binding resolution opposing the killing of U.S. citizens on American soil. When Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) proposed a committee hearing in lieu of a vote, Paul continued talking, reminding his listeners that he voted to approve the nominations of Secretary of State John Kerry and Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel. “But I will not sit quietly and let [the president] shred the Constitution…I would be here if it were a Republican president doing this,” he contended. “Really the great irony of this is that President Obama’s opinion on this is an extension of George Bush’s opinion.”

The greater insult to the American people was arguably the indifference expressed by some Democrats. Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) referred to the filibuster as “background noise.” Nancy Pelosi refused to watch Paul, contending that ”there are certain things that fall into the category of ‘life is too short,’” even as she expressed the hope that “Democrats will use the filibuster sometime as well in that way.” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) called Democrats out. “I agree that one of the saddest things we’ve seen during the eight hours that Rand Paul has been filibustering is the crickets chirping from the other side of the aisle, with the exception of Ron Wyden, and I appreciate his coming down,” Cruz said Wednesday on Mark Levin’s radio show. “But with that exception, where were the Democrats? How can they not be every bit as outraged as all of the rest of us are?”

Rand Paul deserves a great deal of praise for bringing together Americans of all political stripes. He gets additional points for wresting critical information from an Obama administration that has made a regular practice of stonewalling questions it does not wish to answer, which it attempted to do in this case. Paul’s bold effort provides the model of the future of the conservative movement and what can be accomplished when those on the right forcefully and engagingly champion the cause.

Rand Paul Fights for Conservative Principles ? And Wins

Funny thing is, you frequently defend Bush and the Iraq war. Do you realize Rand represents the exact opposite of that mindset?

Funny thing is, you might watch to much Firefly. I frequently defend Bush = B/S and my one post on the Iraq war was to roust some progressive/liberals. Now if you know me you know I'M going to say, where's the links...:eusa_whistle:

If you're telling I'm wrong (concerning your defense of Bush), I'll take your word for it. No linking required.

But on the other thing you couldn't be more wrong: there's no such thing as too much Firefiy. ;)

Last edited:
“but I think if you’re going to debate, it’s better to leave names out,” he says. “I spoke for 13 hours and never mentioned his name or Lindsey Graham’s name. They spoke for about 20 minutes and decided to use my name quite a bit, including some synonyms I wasn’t aware of, like different types of animals.”

what a friggin cry baby! :lol:

message to Senator Paul:
proctologistcalled.jpg

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz threaten filibuster on guns

130325_paul_cruz_ap_605.jpg

Paul's filibuster on drones earlier this month lasted nearly 13 hours.

By JONATHAN ALLEN | 3/25/13

Sens. Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Mike Lee are threatening to filibuster gun-control legislation, according to a letter they plan to hand-deliver to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s office on Tuesday.

“We will oppose the motion to proceed to any legislation that will serve as a vehicle for any additional gun restrictions,” the three conservatives wrote in a copy of the signed letter obtained by POLITICO.

Read more: Rand Paul and Ted Cruz threaten filibuster on guns - Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

Yanno..................I hope these two keep spewing their tea party bullshit.

It's gonna make it easier for them to be removed from office.

Personally? I'd like to see both of them removed from office because of some scandal they supported and got caught at.

I'm guessing they both have skeletons (because of the way they accuse the other side) and I'm also willing to believe that they fear the day those skeletons of theirs become exposed.

Love to see who the person they used to walk on sell them down the river. Matter of fact, if they did sell them out, I'd wish them nothing but Good Karma.

Last edited:
Yanno..................I hope these two keep spewing their tea party bullshit.

It's gonna make it easier for them to be removed from office.

Personally? I'd like to see both of them removed from office because of some scandal they supported and got caught at.

I'm guessing they both have skeletons (because of the way they accuse the other side) and I'm also willing to believe that they fear the day those skeletons of theirs become exposed.

Love to see who the person they used to walk on sell them down the river. Matter of fact, if they did sell them out, I'd wish them nothing but Good Karma.

You mean like these progressive fowl

cookedrangel02.gif

welldonecarolying.gif

welldonewilli02mu5.gif

forkme01fn9.gif

"I Wanna Get Stuffed"​

Last edited:
This Is The Reality: Under Democratic Rule We Have No Democracy

March 27, 2013
By Frontpagemag.com

stat.jpeg

Sen. Rand Paul speaks out against Senators voting without reading the bills:

This Is The Reality: Under Democratic Rule We Have No Democracy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU]Pelosi: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It" - YouTube[/ame]

If Rand Paul thinks Congress gave the president too much power under the 2001 AUMF, he should lead Congress in crafting updated legally binding guidelines. Congress deliberately gave the president the power, and Congress can remove it.

Obviously, DearLeaderPaul has no intention of doing that. DearLeaderPaul will never lift a finger to solve any problem that he rails about, being that DearLeaderPaul is financially dependent on using those stories to scare the cash out of his cult followers.

Kentucky Legislature Passes Hemp Bill, Rand Paul Vows Support From D.C.

Mike Riggs|Mar. 27, 2013 10:49 am

Gage Skidmore FlickrThe Kentucky Senate joined the House in approving a hemp regulation bill last night. This morning, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) released a statement applauding the bill's passage and promising to continue to push for a federal waiver from the Controlled Substances Act for future Kentucky hemp growers:

“I commend the Kentucky General Assembly for final passage of Senate Bill 50. I want to thank Kentucky Commissioner of Agriculture James Comer, Senate Agriculture Committee Chairman Paul Hornback and the members of the Kentucky Industrial Hemp Commission for their leadership and hard work in passing this legislation,” Sen. Paul said.

Kentucky Legislature Passes Hemp Bill, Rand Paul Vows Support From D.C. - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Forum List

Back