Rand Paul detained by TSA

Getting pat down like a prisoner is "freedom"? :confused:

Tell us rightwinger, how many terrorist acts have been stopped by the TSA patting passengers down?

How many terrorist acts have been stopped by TSA in the last ten years?

All of them.....they should be very proud of their record. Their procedures are working
If they stopped anyone, there would be a record of it. Show us how the TSA protects us rightwinger. You can't.

Why do you think they would make any of that public? They also do not publicize how many death threats each president gets, either.

Until murderous thug shit-bag humans stop attempting to ruin everyone's day, I won't whine about a little pat-down at the air-port. I'm not too into sensationalism. Got a small embarrassing dick? Don't fly.

Would you have said the same to Rosa Parks?

Insulting and ignorant to make that comparison.
Yep.

Rosa Parks was protesting unequal treatment based on the color of her skin.

TSA treats everyone the same. The comparison is beyond stupid.

Unless they're trying to argue that Rand Paul should get a pass based on the color of his skin....well actually, it does sound like some of them are trying to argue just that.

If anything...what they are proposing undos everything Rosa Parks stood for

They want to replace "everyone is treated the same" when going through a checkpoint with racial profiling which will concentrate on people of Arab descent

Yep.

Unless they're trying to argue that Rand Paul should get a pass based on the color of his skin....well actually, it does sound like some of them are trying to argue just that.

They want to replace "everyone is treated the same" when going through a checkpoint with racial profiling which will concentrate on people of Arab descent

You should have wrote that big and bold for the jesters who have trouble realizing why the comparison was stoo00pit.

Yep.

thats exactly it.
Thye prefer groups being given less rights than others...not protecting the rights of all.

I dont like the law personally....so I fly as little as I can...I dont like the lines; the being trewted like cattle; heck, in a way I feel like they are looking to find something...as opposed to expecting NOT to find something......their attitude about it sux to me....but that is besides the point.

But I dont see it as a loss of libertry at all.

Why?

Because as of today, there is not an individual mandate saying "one MUST fly"

It's not about security, it's a show of power.

It's not about power. It's a show of security.

Then why do they make everyone go through the scanner and/or be pat down over and over and over again? That's nothing short of ridiculous. The TSA should clear those who are not a terrorist threat (the majority of people) and give them an EZ pass to show instead.

As a pilot I don't care what is in someone's mind. I want to know what's in their luggage and on their person. Think of a commercial airplane as a very large and fast weapon that can be pointed at anything or anyone. The control of that weapon MUST never be compromised no matter how inconvenient to those travelling on them. Flying is a priviledge..not a right. If you do not understand that then you really need to consider some other method of transportation that presents less potential risk to the rest of the travelling public and to those that may be in or live near potential targets for those that can only get attention by causing disaster.

Only because you disagree with Rand, but they both practiced civil disobedience so the comparison is valid.

Just for reference..

What are Rand Paul's proposed alternatives to TSA?

I don't know what Rand's proposed alternatives are, actually. His father's ideas would be to let the airlines provide their own security, and I would imagine Rand would agree with that but I can't be sure.

So the Paul's propose free market public safety. People can chose airlines that have the most hassle free security system. After all, I am not a terrorist. Why should I have to go through screening?

More reason why we can't elect libertarians to make decisions in this country

Maybe some of us believe that everyone should be judged equally but still believe that everyone is innocent until proven guilty and should be guaranteed protection under the 4th amendment.

Tell me again how we gain freedom by giving it away?

"According to one report, undercover TSA agents testing security at a Newark airport terminal on one day in 2006 found that TSA screeners failed to detect concealed bombs and guns 20 out of 22 times. A 2007 government audit leaked to USA Today revealed that undercover agents were successful slipping simulated explosives and bomb parts through Los Angeles's LAX airport in 50 out of 70 attempts, and at Chicago's O'Hare airport agents made 75 attempts and succeeded in getting through undetected 45 times."

Airport Security: Loaded Gun Slips Past TSA Screeners - ABC News

Yep.

thats exactly it.
Thye prefer groups being given less rights than others...not protecting the rights of all.

I dont like the law personally....so I fly as little as I can...I dont like the lines; the being trewted like cattle; heck, in a way I feel like they are looking to find something...as opposed to expecting NOT to find something......their attitude about it sux to me....but that is besides the point.

But I dont see it as a loss of libertry at all.

Why?

Because as of today, there is not an individual mandate saying "one MUST fly"

You're generalizing.

Maybe some of us believe that everyone should be judged equally but still believe that everyone is innocent until proven guilty and should be guaranteed protection under the 4th amendment.

Tell me again how we gain freedom by giving it away?

The 4th Amendment doesn't really apply, give me a fucking break. You have to look at the 4th in context --> there was NO MASS TRANSIT at the time. Public transport, etc.

There were no small bombs.

It's extremist thinking to assume that the public shouldn't be safe-guarded where reasonably possible, and if you can't handle a silly little pat-down --> buy a penis pump....never go to the doctor....don't fly.

Yep.

Yep.

Rand Paul is Rosa Parks is fuggin' ludicrous.

I guess Rand Paul thinks the rules don't apply to him

The rules shouldn't apply to anyone.

Perhaps....but regardless, the rules apply to everyone...and until the rules are changed they should continue to apply to everyone.

I wonder how Mr. Paul would have felt if a man in muslim garb rang off the detector bell and the man refused a patdown and the TSA let him through anyway.....

Just a hint here for you guy... All of the people who took down 3 planes on 9/11/01 were Muslims. I don't recall any sitting US Senator ever being a threat to air travel safety though I probably should research Teddy Kennedy some more.

Forum List

Back