Rand Paul Commandeers Senate To Protest Patriot Act...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
WTG Rand! Good to see someone in our Government standing up for the People. It's refreshing. Now we just need more to stand with him. Time to put aside 'Party before Country' partisan politics. Time to do the right thing.

Domestic surveillance fate unclear after lengthy Senate talk

The fate of the government's bulk collection of Americans' phone records is unclear following an FBI warning, House-Senate disagreements and more than 10 hours of criticisms by a GOP presidential candidate.

Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, the most libertarian-leaning of the major Republican presidential contenders, dominated the Senate floor from 1:18 to 11:49 p.m. Wednesday to decry the National Security Agency's mass collection of phone data without warrants. In doing so, he highlighted deep divisions within Congress — and among his party's presidential hopefuls — over the program whose existence was exposed by former contractor Edward Snowden, now living in Russia.

Paul wasn't coy about the political overtones. His campaign issued a fundraising appeal while he slowly paced and steadily talked in a mostly empty Senate chamber. It also told reporters that several conservative House Republicans were available for interviews after they sat a while in support of Paul in the Senate.

It marked the second time in two years that Paul has used a marathon Senate speech to draw attention to a pet issue, and to himself, as C-SPAN cameras provided unbroken footage for Twitter and other social media. In March 2013 he spent 13 hours filibustering John Brennan's nomination to head the CIA, to underscore Paul's opposition to U.S. drone policies...

More:
My Way News - Domestic surveillance fate unclear after lengthy Senate talk
DRUDGE REPORT 2015

I admire him a lot when he sticks to his principals. Doing so won't get him elected potus in 16, but it took Reagan nearly 70 years to turn the party to his thinking.

Rand Paul is not the man you think he is.

Better than most. He's standing up. Unlike traitorous assholes like John Boehner and Mitch McConnell. They just voted to 'Fast-Track' Obama's disastrous trade deal proposal. Go figure? Do Republicans still think those assholes represent them? And where are they on the Patriot Act?

Just say "terrorists" and republicans can be counted on to vote away any right we have, Just say "free trade" and republicans can be counted on to vote for it no matter what, even if it is Obama pushing for it. Maybe they should have called it the "free trade affordable care act".

#standwithRand
I get those text messages too. I find it HIGHLY unlikely that you do.

No I just made it up :rolleyes: and you got a text with it. See how powerful liberals are? :itsok:

I stand corrected. THIS is the text body I received...

URGENT: Stand with Ted Cruz now to help preserve the ability of Congress to stop a very bad deal with Iran: bit.ly/1P0t06G

To opt-out reply STOP

Ted Cruz not Rand Paul

#standwithRand

No I just made it up :rolleyes: and you got a text with it. See how powerful liberals are? :itsok:

URGENT: Stand with Ted Cruz now to help preserve the ability of Congress to stop a very bad deal with Iran: bit.ly/1P0t06G

To opt-out reply STOP

Ted Cruz not Rand Paul

Seriously tho, what kinda brainwashed idiot gets those kind of texts on their phone?

#standwithRand

To opt-out reply STOP

Ted Cruz not Rand Paul

Seriously tho, what kinda brainwashed idiot gets those kind of texts on their phone?
I get texts from lots of politicians. When I see a, reply here to get more info, I reply. 99% of the time I disregard the responses as attempts to get donations. Occasionally they don't.
Either way I don't miss any opportunities to get more information directly from a candidates campaign.

You should probably just stick with being uninformed & having your candidate chosen for you tho....

Ha, Boehner and McConnell celebrating with Obama over his disastrous trade deal. Wow, how many times can Republicans bend over and take it from their supposed 'leaders?' You would think by now they would see that it's all a shameful sham. At least Rand Paul stands up. Republicans better start looking to people like him for their leadership.

Up next for Republican 'Leadership?' Party time with the Prez over preserving the Patriot Act? You bet ya.

Man, in the words of a once great band... "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

Forum List

Back