Rand Paul Breaks Campaign Promise, Accepts Money From Senators Who Bailed Out Banks

LMAO....oh...so you can compare him to other republicans, but no one can compare him to democrats

:lol:

and you call other people hacks? :cuckoo:

:eusa_eh:

You seem to not get some simple facts.

Rand Paul just won a Republican primary, as a Republican candidate, running on being Anti-Establishment. Now, he's taking money from Republicans who helped bail out the banks. He is exactly what he said he is running against.

While he could be compared to similar Democrats who committed such behavior, in doing so all you're doing is derailing the thread in order to protect Republicans. Quite sad really, your partisan hackery continues. Now, do you mind if the adults here get back on topic?

No. He's apart of the Democratic Establishment. :eusa_eh:

You're a moron Yurt, and you continue to prove it further. Rand Paul is a Republican, hence I can compare him to other Republicans. You bringing up Obama is just derailing the thread, quite sad really and immature of you. I'm trying to get the thread back on topic, but you clearly don't want to talk about Rand Paul in a thread about Rand Paul. You want to talk about Obama. If you want to talk about Obama, take it to another thread. :thup:

Can you answer me?

Care to give the source that your source got this information from

From the about part of your link
Blue Wave News is a community of Democrats working to further liberal causes.

He rolls Alinsky/Lakoff style.......

You noticed that also.

Can you answer me?

What are you asking about? You want to attack the source? Here's another:

Flip-Flop: Paul Woos Bailout Supporters

According to an Associated Press report, Paul is holding a fundraiser Thursday night in Washington, D.C. Although Paul earlier had said he wouldn't seek money from any politician who voted for the $700 billion bailout, nine of the 12 senators listed on the event's host committee were bailout supporters.

The event will be held at the National Republican Senatorial Committee's offices. Tickets cost $1,000 per person, with sponsorships up to $5,000 per group, the AP reports.

Last year, Paul criticized his GOP primary opponent, Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Greyson, for accepting contributions from senators who voted for the bailout.

Nice try. :thup:

Getting back to the original point, Rand Paul has proven himself to be part of the establishment that he says he's not apart of. Quite sad really, I bet the Libertarians had high hopes for him considering his father.

He's a politician trying to get elected, of course he is part of the establishment. Remember when your guy said the same thing, and then did the same thing?

Life sucks, get used to it.

LMAO....oh...so you can compare him to other republicans, but no one can compare him to democrats

Rand Paul just won a Republican primary, as a Republican candidate, running on being Anti-Establishment. Now, he's taking money from Republicans who helped bail out the banks. He is exactly what he said he is running against.

While he could be compared to similar Democrats who committed such behavior, in doing so all you're doing is derailing the thread in order to protect Republicans. Quite sad really, your partisan hackery continues. Now, do you mind if the adults here get back on topic?

Actually, I saw it as Yurt pretty much showing the obvious. That it happens with both parties and many politicians and therefore is not much of a story.

And he usewd the example of Obama as the media did not see it as a sotry with Obama, so why should this be anything special with a "candidate"?

Give it a rest Modbert. You are way out of your league.

He's a politician trying to get elected, of course he is part of the establishment. Remember when your guy said the same thing, and then did the same thing?

I don't have a "guy". Obviously Rand Paul says he's not apart of the establishment, yet he is. So he's obviously a liar then.

Actually, I saw it as Yurt pretty much showing the obvious. That it happens with both parties and many politicians and therefore is not much of a story.

And he usewd the example of Obama as the media did not see it as a sotry with Obama, so why should this be anything special with a "candidate"?

:lol: What? Not much of a story? If you don't think it's much of a story, don't respond. However, you obviously thought it was enough to come on here and post multiple times. So don't give me that bullshit.

And furthermore, out of my league? :rofl:

I don't have a "guy". Obviously Rand Paul says he's not apart of the establishment, yet he is. So he's obviously a liar then.

I am surprised you see this as so out of the ordinary in politics.

I think all of us are surprised to see you so "shocked".

I think many of us thought you were more up on the political environment of today.

I guess you jhust proved you arent.

Next you are going to say "I heard a republican used tax dollars for a fist class trip to Russia and only spent 1 day conducting governmental business and 6 days travelling the country"

Can you answer me?

What are you asking about? You want to attack the source? Here's another:

Flip-Flop: Paul Woos Bailout Supporters

According to an Associated Press report, Paul is holding a fundraiser Thursday night in Washington, D.C. Although Paul earlier had said he wouldn't seek money from any politician who voted for the $700 billion bailout, nine of the 12 senators listed on the event's host committee were bailout supporters.

The event will be held at the National Republican Senatorial Committee's offices. Tickets cost $1,000 per person, with sponsorships up to $5,000 per group, the AP reports.

Last year, Paul criticized his GOP primary opponent, Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Greyson, for accepting contributions from senators who voted for the bailout.

Nice try. :thup:

Why are you asking me what am I asking about?
"Care to give the source that your source got this information from"

So your next link mentions the AP? What I was refering to is the list of names on the guest list?

I think many of us thought you were more up on the political environment of today.

Next you are going to say "I heard a republican used tax dollars for a fist class trip to Russia and only spent 1 day conducting governmental business and 6 days travelling the country"

Strawman Alert. Show me where I said I was shocked? Hell, I was expecting this. Now, either you can show me where I said I was shocked or surprised, or you're a liar. Plain and simple.

D'oh.

He's a politician, of course he lies. This is the way the world works, and harping on it only makes you look petty.

yep....this is way over modbert's head...

it is actually quite funny how butt hurt he gets over someone mentioning obama....i mean really, both parties do this and why is it now an issue...

using obama is probably the best example of this, he broke the same type of promise and look how much money it got him and it did help him win the election....perhaps paul look at obama's example and figured, hey....it worked for him, why not me

to say this is just the republicans is pure hackery....to claim no one can mention democrats or obama because it is a thread derailment, is pure hackery...

Why are you asking me what am I asking about?
"Care to give the source that your source got this information from"

So your next link mentions the AP? What I was refering to is the list of names on the guest list?

Are you going to accuse the AP of being liars?

obama said he wasn't part of the establishment....yet he did the same thing paul did....how much do you want to bet crybert won't call obama a liar

D'oh.

He's a politician, of course he lies. This is the way the world works, and harping on it only makes you look petty.

Harping on it makes me look petty? :lol:

No, holding politicians to their promises doesn't make one look petty. You seem to think it's okay because many politicians lied, it's okay for Rand to do so. Well, considering your thinking, I expect you to never show up in a thread about Obama and criticize him for breaking any promises or lying ever.

Strawman Alert. Show me where I said I was shocked? Hell, I was expecting this. Now, either you can show me where I said I was shocked or surprised, or you're a liar. Plain and simple.

Ouch again.

Shocked and surpirsed. No. You never said you werew shocked or surprised.

But the fact that you supported the importance of the issue and reiterrated it once the debate went off track pretty much implied that you saw this as a situation that warranted discussion.

But it is not. Why? Becuase it is the norm for our pathetic political envirionment of the day.

And that, sir, is why I say you are out of your league.

And you are.

obama said he wasn't part of the establishment....yet he did the same thing paul did....how much do you want to bet crybert won't call obama a liar

Yeah, because I haven't been criticizing him for months for running as a Liberal of sorts but being exactly the opposite once elected. :cuckoo:

This is what happens when you don't pay attention Yurt, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Modbert
From that last source you gave me. Here's an article that the editor of that "news" outlet wrote

Question Authority
By John Fox
Question Authority

I wonder if he question's obama?
Anyway I would still like to see a link to the list of names that was mentioned.

Last edited:
Ouch again.

Shocked and surpirsed. No. You never said you werew shocked or surprised.

But the fact that you supported the importance of the issue and reiterrated it once the debate went off track pretty much implied that you saw this as a situation that warranted discussion.

But it is not. Why? Becuase it is the norm for our pathetic political envirionment of the day.

And that, sir, is why I say you are out of your league.

And you are.

Alas, you say you want things to change. Yet, you look down and mock those who call for such change. It is because of people like you that we have such apathy in our politics today. And it is because of people like you that we keep electing crappy politicians.

The only one who is out of their league is yourself, who needs to reexamine why exactly they are posting on a political message board and posting in threads that have the norms if you're going to mock those who discourage such behavior on the part of our politicans.

Good day, Sir!

$goodday.jpg

Modbert
From that last source you gave me. Here's an article that the editor of that "news" outlet wrote

Question Authority
By John Fox
Question Authority

I wonder if he question's obama?

Why are you posting this? This has nothing to do with this thread, at all. The source is fine, if you want, google it and you'll find the AP article elsewhere including on Yahoo.

Forum List

Back