Ranchers, farmers brace for 'death tax' impact

We need to reform the tax code for sure, but Libertarianism is not the way to go.

Was there a question in that mess?

Yep, mine.

For the 3rd time Joe, is it right that the government wants to tax these 'heirs' $13 million on a ranch that was paid for by their great-grandfather? Dad paid $2 million in 'death tax' when he inherited it from his grandfather, he drives a 12 year old truck, works 14 hour days and makes less money per year that a typical DC pencil-pusher.

But you guys think he's 'rich'...

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable, just like it's perfectly acceptable for the government to take 25% of the pittance I make every year.

Dad should probably just cash out now, so he can enjoy his money.

You really are a piece of shit, Joe.

And who are you, pea brain, do say they can't?

Podjo, we live in a We the People republic where our legislators make those decisions? Get a majority and change it, or if you can't stand it, resign yoru citizenship and leave: you aren't needed.
Go hit the bong again, that's the dumbest question of the month!

Since they're worried about a $13 million dollar tax I would imagine it is...
On a 22,000 acre ranch they can afford it.

And just who the fuck are YOU to decide what somebody else can afford??

And who are you, pea brain, do say they can't?

Podjo, we live in a We the People republic where our legislators make those decisions? Get a majority and change it, or if you can't stand it, resign yoru citizenship and leave: you aren't needed.
On a 22,000 acre ranch they can afford it.

And just who the fuck are YOU to decide what somebody else can afford??

Once again we have Joke Malarkey spouting off shit she knows nothing about. Listen Joke, I'm not trying to decide a damned thing. I'm not trying to steal a damned thing. I'm not a fucking Democrat piece of shit who thinks I have that power.

You, on the other hand...

Once again we have GuyPinestra UnAmerican talking about crap without offering any worthy possible solution. Taxation by the legislatures of We the People is not theft. Until you are willing to join the American people, you might consider exile as the moral option for you.

Once again we have GuyPinestra UnAmerican talking about crap without offering any worthy possible solution. Taxation by the legislatures of We the People is not theft. Until you are willing to join the American people, you might consider exile as the moral option for you.

Hey Joke, didn't you say you had family in the farming/dairy business?

You realize that the position you're taking here means that YOUR FAMILY will have to sell off their means of livelihood when the patriarch dies in order to pay THEIR 'Death Tax'?

I'm sure it won't effect you PERSONALLY, but your cousins from the WORKING side of your family might not appreciate your short-sighted opinion.

Have you told THEM how you feel?

The poor have their pre-death tax as well. When you go into a nursing home on Medicaid they can take your home/farm and use it to pay for your care.

The poor have their pre-death tax as well. When you go into a nursing home on Medicaid they can take your home/farm and use it to pay for your care.

What? Are their liberal children too fucking spoiled to take care of them?

Self-centered, ungrateful bastards!

Rancher Kevin Kester works dawn to dusk, drives a 12-year-old pick-up truck and earns less than a typical bureaucrat in Washington D.C., yet the federal government considers him rich enough to pay the estate tax -- also known as the "death tax."

And with that tax set to soar at the beginning of 2013 without some kind of intervention from Congress, farmers and ranchers like Kester are waiting anxiously.

Read more: Ranchers, farmers brace for 'death tax' impact | Fox News

Does Kevin grow kester plants?

GuyPisseondra gets unhappy when he gets slapped around, so his tough guy persona is funny. We incorporated two decades ago so you can talk to your lawyers about what that means. The stockholders own the corporation, not the Patriarch, who would be me in this case.

The legislature of We the People make these decisions. If you don't like it, try to get it changed. But, in this case, it will not be changed much, if at all.

Hey Joke, didn't you say you had family in the farming/dairy business? You realize that the position you're taking here means that YOUR FAMILY will have to sell off their means of livelihood when the patriarch dies in order to pay THEIR 'Death Tax'? I'm sure it won't effect you PERSONALLY, but your cousins from the WORKING side of your family might not appreciate your short-sighted opinion. Have you told THEM how you feel?

The children of the poor generally cannot care for their poor parents. So Medicaid collects what it can from whatever assets the ill have left.

What? Are their liberal children too fucking spoiled to take care of them?

Self-centered, ungrateful bastards!

the children turned republicans.

Forum List

Back