Ranchers, farmers brace for 'death tax' impact

I realize the nutters are going to believe what they want to believe, but for anyone interested here is some good information for farm heirs and how to escape the estate tax.

Unlimited Estate Tax Exemption For Farm Estates Is Unnecessary and Likely Harmful — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Rocket scientist, this is not just about farmers.
It's EVERYONE.
Even those union workers who have those nice big pensions.
Yep, if the pensioner dies, the beneficiary has to pay the inheritance tax. It's part of the estate.
Tax Topics - Topic 410 Pensions and Annuities

IOW, if I manage to earn $5 million dollars in my life time, I can't leave it to my kids without the government getting half?

AFTER they got 30%+ while I was earning it?

Fuck off!

The greed on the part of the left is stratospheric.
I am amazed at the rationalization from the left.
"Well, they owe the country that allows them to make that kind of money. It' s payback"..
The Tax Man Cometh...January 2013

"I have never understood why it is greed to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money."

-- Thomas Sowell

"The modern liberal is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for covetousness."

-- daveman

I find it hilarious that people who express no sympathy for the truly poor, are so sympathetic to the obviously very rich.

Oh my! An heir can ONLY inherit TWENTY TIMES THE AVERAGE PRETAX INCOME without having to pay taxes on the rest?

However do we possible expect those poor heirs to get by with only $5,000,000 TAX FREEE dollars?

:lol:

Only liberals are demented to believe a person's wealth should be taxed 1 more time once they die before their relatives can get what is left over after paying debts and taxes.

A family gas station is left with a 30 year old child of the parents when the parents are killed in a robbery of the gas station....but since the business was operating on the edge of profits and losses, the death tax means the child has to sell the business to pay the taxes....fucking insane.

It is insane. They know when someone dies, it's the last time they can pick their pocket, so they will do that big time. It sickens me to think many family fortunes and businesses will be robbed so government can keep up the spending on crappy programs that don't work.

Yeah.....you can see the pain in their eyes.....

Paris-Hilton-Heiress-Mugshot.jpg

I find it hilarious that people who express no sympathy for the truly poor, are so sympathetic to the obviously very rich.

Oh my! An heir can ONLY inherit TWENTY TIMES THE AVERAGE PRETAX INCOME without having to pay taxes on the rest?

However do we possible expect those poor heirs to get by with only $5,000,000 TAX FREEE dollars?

It's not yours to tax AGAIN, you greedy fucking parasite! It was taxed when it was EARNED...

It's not yours to tax AGAIN, you greedy fucking parasite! It was taxed when it was EARNED...
It isn't taxed again. Earnings are taxed. If you receive a windfall it is an earning to you.

It isn't taxed again. Earnings are taxed. If you receive a windfall it is an earning to you.

You don't think that 5 generations of this family EARNED it? You don't think they've already paid taxes on it?

Now you want to tax them again on the VALUE of the land, even though that land only generates a minimal to modest income. Forcing people to SELL their assets in order to pay taxes on those selfsame assets is downright government theft!

Another fucking parasite, and you're PROUD of it!

You don't think that 5 generations of this family EARNED it? You don't think they've already paid taxes on it?

Now you want to tax them again on the VALUE of the land, even though that land only generates a minimal to modest income. Forcing people to SELL their assets in order to pay taxes on those selfsame assets is downright government theft!

Another fucking parasite, and you're PROUD of it!
You sure do shriek a lot. I've already given you the information, as have others, on how the heirs can avoid paying an inheritance tax.

Good lord, don't discuss tax law with ravtard. She has trouble with simple logic, taxes are way beyond her paygrade.

Not that she's ever worked, I wouldn't want to imply that...

Lets see now, a person earns money, pays taxes, saves a little, pays taxes on the earnings generated by his savings, invests the earnings back into the economy, taxed again,etc, pays off the mortgage, dies ,then all his savings and assets are lumped together and taxed again by the government and most states. Is there something wrong with this picture? So who is the big dummy here? So why work and save? Dam, why invest your savings in America, to feed the government?

Who is talking about a windfall?
We're discussing estates and death. We're discussing confiscatory taxation of one'e estate when they die.
"If you receive a windfall it is an earning to you."....What the hell is that supposed to mean?
If you are stating along the lines of say lottery winnings, yes, those are taxable as income.
It is taxable( interesting side not Canada does not tax lottery winnings) because it is considered gambling winnings.
BTW, gambling LOSSES are deductible.
INvestments are NOT gambling. Plus, investment creates jobs, new business and other good works. This is why investment income is taxed at a lower rate.
The issue here is pure jealousy based on a myth. The myth is that only rich people receive investment income. That is the BIG LIE. Every person who for example is customer of a utility cooperative is an investor. Every worker who invests in an IRA, Roth IRA, 401k, has employee company stock, is a contributor to a pension fund......ALL are investors of some sort. So with that in mind, is it your contention that ALL of the above mentioned investment vehicles be taxed at FULL income tax marginal rates? Try to explain that one.

You scumbags want to lower it to where the small business owner gets it in the ass.

Just like abortion, once you get your shit legalized....it gets worse and worse and worse through new legislation or court directives.

Only liberals are demented to believe a person's wealth should be taxed 1 more time once they die before their relatives can get what is left over after paying debts and taxes.

A family gas station is left with a 30 year old child of the parents when the parents are killed in a robbery of the gas station....but since the business was operating on the edge of profits and losses, the death tax means the child has to sell the business to pay the taxes....fucking insane.

Why don't you try leaning some facts, instead of parroting right wing bullshit and making yourself look like an idiot.

The estate tax currently is waved on anyone's estate that is under 5 million dollars, and if it is restored to the clinton level, it will be waived for all estates under a million.

I don't know of any mom and pop gas station that is worth more than a million dollars,..

Forum List

Back