Ramsey Clark - scumbag extraodinaire

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
If it is in fact possible to give shysters a bad name, this guy is up to the task. Surely there is a special place in hell for assholes like this. Then again, maybe this is poetic justice of a sort. Saddam is getting the kind of legal representation he deserves.
=====================================================
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/1/2/233747.shtml

Kerry Ally Joins Saddam's Legal Team

A former U.S. attorney general who worked on anti-Vietnam war protests with failed presidential candidate John Kerry has joined Saddam Hussein's legal defense team.

Ramsey Clark told the BBC that he was teaming up with Saddam's Jordanian based lawyers in order to protect the accused war criminal's legal rights; complaining that the special tribunal established by the U.S.-led coalition to try the Iraqi dictator had no authority in law as a criminal court.

The former attorney general has long maintained that Saddam was never as brutal as the Western media claimed, calling eyewitness accounts of Iraqi torture sessions "absurd."
"Propaganda can be pretty vicious," he told radio host Mike Siegel in 2003. "I've worked with problems of defection and informers for years and years and they're not generally reliable."

In March 2004, Clark endorsed John Kerry's presidential candidacy.

"I think John Kerry is a great human being," Saddam's new lawyer told an Accuracy in Media press conference, adding, "I knew [Kerry] when he was - I call a youngster - in his 20s."

Clark's relationship with the top Democrat goes back to April 1971, when he came to the rescue of Kerry's group, Vietnam Veterans Against the War after the Nixon administration threatened to have them arrested for protesting on the Capitol Mall.

In "The New Soldier" - Kerry's 1971 book chronicling the demonstration - photos show Clark and the future presidential candidate appearing onstage together.

"I saw [Kerry] as an extremely caring person," the Butcher of Baghad's attorney recalled last year. "[He] was deeply concerned for peace and the well-being of other people."

In the 1980s Clark and Kerry teamed up once again to block Reagan administration efforts to fight communism in Nicaragua.

Can't wait to see him hit a brick wall when he tries to apply his idea of justice to an Iraqi mass killer, IN IRAQ !

dilloduck said:
Can't wait to see him hit a brick wall when he tries to apply his idea of justice to an Iraqi mass killer, IN IRAQ !

Perhaps we could suggest a new procedure for the Iraqi justice system. Let the shyster share his guilty defendant's punishment. I wouldn't mind seeing Ramsey lined up in front of a wall next to Saddam - if you get my drift.

Merlin1047 said:
Perhaps we could suggest a new procedure for the Iraqi justice system. Let the shyster share his guilty defendant's punishment. I wouldn't mind seeing Ramsey lined up in front of a wall next to Saddam - if you get my drift.
Shias' may do this before he even gets in the courtroom-----hope he wears his body armor !

Note that Ramsey is already trotting out that tired old shyster trick of painting the victims of crime as liars. "The former attorney general has long maintained that Saddam was never as brutal as the Western media claimed, calling eyewitness accounts of Iraqi torture sessions "absurd."
"Propaganda can be pretty vicious," he told radio host Mike Siegel in 2003. "I've worked with problems of defection and informers for years and years and they're not generally reliable."

I do hope that there is a really special place in hell for people like Ramsey. If there is any real poetic justice, Ramsey will catch a bullet right between his running lights the instant he sets foot on Iraqi soil. And the bullet will be fired by some nutbag terrorist - one of the very folks that Ramsey has come to defend.

Merlin1047 said:
Ramsey Clark told the BBC that he was teaming up with Saddam's Jordanian based lawyers in order to protect the accused war criminal's legal rights; complaining that the special tribunal established by the U.S.-led coalition to try the Iraqi dictator had no authority in law as a criminal court.
but wasnt this a miltary operation?

Merlin1047 said:
The former attorney general has long maintained that Saddam was never as brutal as the Western media claimed, calling eyewitness accounts of Iraqi torture sessions "absurd."
and the word of a criminal is gold!

Forum List

Back