Rams vs Saints

who will win?

• Total voters
That’s why they need replay for PI calls

agree, there needs to be some kind of review system for close calls or non-calls. The refs don't hesitate to pick up a flag if they think there was no foul, so they should throw them late when they clearly miss a call.

I hope the NFL Never, Never, NEVER allows reviews on Pass Interference calls

Yesterday was a horrible miss of a call. But open up review of pass interference and almost every pass can be called interference with a strict interpretation of the rules

Look at every pass in slow motion and they will call every hand check and every time a receiver gets touched

No you have to allow reviews of penalties or non calls. This is an entire season for a 13-3 football team that already beat the Rams once this year losing their shot at the superbowl because of a set of officials with their heads up their asses.

agree, there needs to be some kind of review system for close calls or non-calls. The refs don't hesitate to pick up a flag if they think there was no foul, so they should throw them late when they clearly miss a call.

Yesterday was a horrible miss of a call. But open up review of pass interference and almost every pass can be called interference with a strict interpretation of the rules

Look at every pass in slow motion and they will call every hand check and every time a receiver gets touched

Apparently the CFL allows replay on PI and it’s worked out just fine

Last edited:
No you have to allow reviews of penalties or non calls. This is an entire season for a 13-3 football team that already beat the Rams once this year losing their shot at the superbowl because of a set of officials with their heads up their asses.
It would take twice as long to play a game if every play was reviewed to discover every penalty. There are many violations the TV cameras don't capture. If the ref didn't see it, it didn't happen.

Saints had plenty of opportunities to put it away and didn’t

But that Pass Interference was a no brainer. Any time the defender doesn’t turn to face the ball and runs thru the receiver ...it is automatic

Yep, and it literally cost the Saints the trip to the Super Bowl. First down there and they can run the clock down and kick the FG. That ref should be canned.

I think they were in....end of the game, let them play mode

But that was blatant

terrible non-call, clearly pass interference. Two members of that officiating crew are from LA. We will never know if they blew it on purpose but it puts a taint on the entire NFL (which already is very tainted by the kneelers and a season of bad calls).

Wont be watching the super bowl this year. One team that doesn't deserve to be there and one that no one wants there.

Clearly the NFL wanted the Rams in order to build a fan base for their new stadium and the Pats to get the big market support from the northeast. The league seems to be trying to destroy itself.
I wanted to see Drew Brees get another shot at the SB

Coming off of one of his best seasons

We don't agree on much but we do agree on that. I wanted a Brees vs Brady superbowl, and it would have been but for a blatant non-call by a ref who was an ex Rams player and lives in LA.

It would take twice as long to play a game if every play was reviewed to discover every penalty. There are many violations the TV cameras don't capture. If the ref didn't see it, it didn't happen.

but the ref did see it, he was right next to them. He just didn't call an obvious penalty. The league has admitted the error. Vegas has refunded bets. Now there needs to be an investigation so see if any money changed hands.

Get it right or don't bother playing the game. I don't care how long it takes. Is the goal to get the game over as fast as possible or to get a fair outcome? I'm willing to compromise. Only review penalties or non calls in playoff games. Not even during the regular season. But these guys risk life and limb playing this game and some get life altering injuries over it. Is it too much to ask that the game be called fairly?

I'm not even talking about reviewing questionable calls that didn't effect the outcome of the play., I'm talking about blatant ones that the crowd wants to tear the stadium apart for simply because an official was looking another direction at the time.

Last edited:

Get it right or don't bother playing the game. I don't care how long it takes. Is the goal to get the game over as fast as possible or to get a fair outcome? I'm willing to compromise. Only review penalties or non calls in playoff games. Not even during the regular season. But these guys risk life and limb playing this game and some get life altering injuries over it. Is it too much to ask that the game be called fairly?

I'm not even talking about reviewing questionable calls that didn't effect the outcome of the play., I'm talking about blatant ones that the crowd wants to tear the stadium apart for simply because an official was looking another direction at the time.

they also need to think about which refs they assign to which games. There were 3 refs from LA doing this game, one was a former Rams player.

Almost makes you wonder.

they also need to think about which refs they assign to which games. There were 3 refs from LA doing this game, one was a former Rams player.

There were two ignored penalties on that play,,,, Pass Interference was only one.
The other was the head to head tackle. No wonder the Ref was given the game ball.

Ok how about reviewing personal fouls, helmet to helmet? That also wasn't called which would have given the Saints first and goal at the 2. College has started going back and calling targeting penalties via instant replay. How about the NFL do the same?

There were two ignored penalties on that play,,,, Pass Interference was only one.
The other was the head to head tackle. No wonder the Ref was given the game ball.
I have been watching the NFL for 50 years. Back in the day, they used to call it face guarding. Where you never even turn to make a play on the ball
That is what happened.

Worst non call since the since the snow plow incident with the Patriots and Dolphins.

I have been watching the NFL for 50 years. Back in the day, they used to call it face guarding. Where you never even turn to make a play on the ball
That is what happened.

correct, but with a head to head contact added on.

Forum List

Back