Ramadi: Obama's Shame

John Donne was not a military man, and a wonderful poet.

We have no need to conquer the world, and we have not the resources. We certainly cannot change the ME. Only the peoples there can do that.

The neo-con path will destroy America if Americans permit it, but we know now they won't.

Ridiculous. Absolutely insane.

Nobody has proposed that we "conquer the world". You use lies, distortion, and inflammatory rhetoric to try to cover your inhumanity. We can change the ME -- we DID change the ME, until Obama fucked it up. Not only can we --- we have a responsibility to humanity to do it. You sit all happy in your little cocoon, secure in the safety and freedom others have given you, and you don't want to get off your cowardly ass and help somebody else. Fuck 'em - let 'em die, right? Who gives a damn about those people, anyway? After all they're just Muslims, right?

I have no idea how the neo-con path will destroy America --- I only see gutless liberals like you who are unwilling to put their ass on the line to help innocents escape the insanity of tyranny. You must be proud every night - do you ever think about all those little kids who died because of your actions? Do you ever ask God for forgiveness because you were too cowardly to stand up and help others?

Your loud and silly language does not reinforce anything, td, except that geo-politics is not your strong suit, anymore than it is for PC.

We can't keep 400 thousand pair of boots, our military and contractors included, on the ground in Iraq.

We can't win for the Iraqis if the Sunni-dominated army won't fight their co-religionists in the west and won't work with the Shi'ite militias.

Oh bite me :lol:

I think you could spare some from other locations 'mmmmkay?

Bottom line there should have been a greater effort to renegotiate the troop withdrawal and keep the region as stabilized as possible with US troops remaining in IRAQ.

Bottom line Obama should never have been so hell bent for leather on removing Assad that he allowed the rise of ISIS and assisted in the funding and supplying of weaponry to so called "rebels" who were in fact nothing more than non Syrian mercenaries who had not a problem at any given time working with either Al Nusra (AQ) or ISIS and passing on armaments.

It's so FUBAR'D now because of Obama's horrid ME policies.

Now tell me you couldn't afford to have some troops in Iraq?

US-Military-Bases-Around-The-World.jpeg

I mean come on Jake. Take a look at Japan alone.

05_Bases_in_Japan_2011.jpg
You don't listen. We can't afford what we have deployed through the world.

Iraq: 400,000 competent troops are necessary just to hold down the violence. The American voter will not permit even a 1/4th of as a permanent commitment to Iraq. You really don't get it. The neo-cons and their policies have been failing for a long time.

We keep troops in South Korean and Ukraine as a trip wire to keep the Koreans and the Russians at bay. We keep our training, advising, and liaison missions in Europe and North Africa, We reduced our troop levels in Japan and Okinawa.

We build up or Air and Naval shields and bring most troops homes. Strengthen the border. Continue toward energy independence.

That is the way to go.

We didn't need 400,000 to secure Ramadi

Thank you ---- please don't let the inflammatory lies and rhetoric of the left hide the truth from you.

Jake: We build up or Air and Naval shields and bring most troops homes. Strengthen the border. Continue toward energy independence.

That is the way to go.

Frank: We didn't need 400,000 to secure Ramadi.

Jake: A deflection. The American people will not support large numbers of troops being sent back to Iraq.

Spare_change: We can change the ME -- we DID change the ME, until Obama fucked it up.

Jake: You, loose_change, keep telling the biggest lie in this thread. You neo-cons failed in your policy. The American people are not going to let you do it again.

Jake: We build up or Air and Naval shields and bring most troops homes. Strengthen the border. Continue toward energy independence.

That is the way to go.

Frank: We didn't need 400,000 to secure Ramadi.

Jake: A deflection. The American people will not support large numbers of troops being sent back to Iraq.

Spare_change: We can change the ME -- we DID change the ME, until Obama fucked it up.

Jake: You, loose_change, keep telling the biggest lie in this thread. You neo-cons failed in your policy. The American people are not going to let you do it again.
Iraq was lost during a time of Democrat leadership....................

Under this leadership, we sat idle by as ISIS took much of Northern Iraq...............Only reacted under pressure to Genocide there in the North.................Under the withdrawal, not even intel capabilities were left behind...............While the Iraqi's have failed miserably on the battle field..............Our current leadership allowed areas to be taken that cost American Blood...............This from the surrender monkeys who said the surge would never work..................People like Reid who said the WAR IS LOST............................Like the Asshats from Moveon who displayed the ads General BeTrayUs................

Later to become the go to guy under Obama.................Later discarded after his affair......................

Leadership that attacked Libya...................which is now in ruins.........with Islamic Extremist ruling much of the country....................and Western powers forced to leave.......................

Mali...............a new terrorist stronghold......................

Yemen...............another terrorist ground and we've been ejected from there................

Boko in Nigeria...................

Face it...............we have a Blithering Idiot in Charge now............................The Arab Spring is now out of it's Cocoon...........................It's is now a Regional Caliphate..................Spreading like a Cancer.................Leaving Misery, Death, and Destruction in it's wake...........................

Fought against by neighboring countries...................Fought by France in Mali.......................Fought against by Egypt.......................and others........................

The world needs to stand together against this growing problem......................and stop it in it's tracks regardless of whether or not it means regional war...................................But the world no longer has the back bone to stand against Evil....................

It only stands against the Evil when it has grown and is forced to do so................That day is coming.

To those that say go fight them...................Neo Con BS..............many people here have served..............................

And if you wish to Serve under the POS YOU ELECTED.................then you fucking do it...................He's the POSTER CHILD of WHY NOT TO ENLIST ANYMORE.

eagle is screaming in its cage: how adorable.

The problems began before Bush,

his invasion completely messed our ME foreign policy up,

we can't even stabilize all of Iraq without hundreds of thousands of boots on the ground

the Iraqis won't defend their own land

AND

neo-cons, listen up: you are through. We won't go back into Iraq in our tens of thousands.

Last edited:

we can't even stabilize all of Iraq without hundreds of thousands of boots on the ground

AND

neo-cons, listen up: you are through. We won't go back into Iraq in tens of thousands.
Your right.................we'll ignore the region until we have to send 2 million plus into the region in a regional War...............................

Not a matter of if......................but when..................

It goes on since Carter......................................even before........................

Your position..............................come home and let the whole region and world implode and only act when finally forced to do so...........................

AND

neo-cons, listen up: you are through. We won't go back into Iraq in tens of thousands.
Your right.................we'll ignore the region until we have to send 2 million plus into the region in a regional War...............................

It goes on since Carter......................................even before........................

Your position..............................come home and let the whole region and world implode and only act when finally forced to do so...........................
Oh, nonsense. This is not a high school world geography class, eagle.

My position is that the Iraqis, Kurds, Sunnis, Shi'ites, etc., need to settle this for themselves. We can aid and train the side that serves our side best.

Increase the AF, Navy, Spec Ops, and strengthen border security as well as anti-terrorist ops will service us far better than going all nutters in the ME.

No, we won't be going back in great numbers.

AND

My position is that the Iraqis, Kurds, Sunnis, Shi'ites, etc., need to settle this for themselves. We can aid and train the side that serves our side best.

Increase the AF, Navy, Spec Ops, and strengthen border security as well as anti-terrorist ops will service us far better than going all nutters in the ME.

You are a Naive Fool Mr. Chamberlain.

AND

Says the dude who supports Bush's failed policy with which Obama is struggling with and not doing much better.

The American people will not let our admin send Americans in their tens and scores of thousands. Those days are over. And the US Senate would never approve such a move now.

AND

Says the dude who supports Bush's failed policy with which Obama is struggling with and not doing much better.

The American people will not let our admin send Americans in their tens and scores of thousands. Those days are over. And the US Senate would never approve such a move now.
It was over the day dumb asses like you elected Obama.

If the Iraqis don't give a damn, why should Americans?
Have you been talking to them....................they are saying I don't give a damn that they are still at War and people are still dying.............

Perhaps you were talking to their dead then..................

America gave a damn because these places were paid in blood.....................and given up for a political hack.......................so now even the military doesn't give a damn...................when they work for a chump............................The world doesn't trust Obama............and neither does our military.

It's too late now anyway................the middle east doesn't trust us at all anyway...................so there it is..........

Have you been talking to them....................they are saying I don't give a damn that they are still at War and people are still dying.............

America gave a damn because these places were paid in blood.....................and given up for a political hack.......................so now even the military doesn't give a damn...................when they work for a chump............................The world doesn't trust Obama............and neither does our military.

It's too late now anyway................the middle east doesn't trust us at all anyway...................so there it is..........
More like Bush bought them off...The ME has never trusted us, just like we don't trust them, our mutual existence is upon what we can do for each other....

More like Bush bought them off...The ME has never trusted us, just like we don't trust them, our mutual existence is upon what we can do for each other....
Fair enough response..................Still doesn't condone that the current administration did nothing until it was basically too late................

Ramadi was the site of several major battles between the US an AQ and it's offshoots. At the end, local Iraqi cooperation and assistance back by US firepower quelled the Insurgence

""Raider" Brigade takes over Ramadi[edit]
In January 2007, the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, on its third tour to Iraq, arrived in Ramadi and assumed responsibility from Macfarland's brigade on February 18 at a transfer ceremony at Camp Ramadi. During the ceremony, which was attended by Sheikh Sattar, MacFarland said that his brigade had lost 86 soldiers, sailors and Marines during the 8 month campaign (though the Brigade had spent a total of nearly 17 months in Iraq).[43][44]

In January 2007, Ramadi averaged approximately 35 enemy attacks on US forces per day. Following heavy fighting over an 8-week campaign, which was led by a Task Force commanded by 1st Brigade, 3rd ID, also known as Task Force Raider, attacks in the brigade's area of operations dropped to one or two per day within the city of Ramadi. In the early months of 2007, 3-69 Armor Battalion, in conjunction with two Marine Battalions, along with TF PathFinder was largely responsible for securing Southern and Central Ramadi. By August 2007, Ramadi had gone 80 consecutive days without a single attack on US forces and the 1st BDE, 3rd ID commander commander, Colonel John Charlton, stated, "...al-Qaida is defeated in Al Anbar". However, despite 1-3 ID's effectiveness, insurgents continued to launch attacks on Ramadi and the surrounding areas in the weeks and months to follow. On June 30, 2007, a group of between 50 and 60 insurgents attempting to infiltrate Ramadi were intercepted and destroyed, following a tip from Iraqi Police officers. The insurgents were intercepted by elements of the 1st Battalion, 77th Armor on 30 June 2007 and on 1 July 2007 they were destroyed by elements of Bravo company, 2nd Squad, 1st platoon, 1-18 Infantry Regiment. 1-18 operated out of the Ta'Meem district of Ramadi's western sector. North of Ramadi, elements of 3-69 Armor, whose headquarters had been moved north of Ramadi, engaged elements of al-Qaeda in Iraq who had taken refuge in rural areas north of the city. After several counter-insurgency operations, 3-69 AR Battalion effectively removed Al Qaeda in Iraq from the greater Anbar province. By March 2008, Ramadi, Iraq had become a vastly safer city than it had been only a year before and the number of enemy attacks in the city had fallen drastically. Years later, by mid 2012, Ramadi remained far safer than it had been since 2003.[45][46][47]

Iraqi Police Development Played a Key Role in Tribal Engagement Strategy[edit]
One major shortcoming in the efforts to wrest control of Ramadi from the insurgency was the failure of the Iraqi Police to effectively combat the insurgency. As part of the Tribal Engagement Strategy, Ready First developed and implemented a plan to quickly recruit, train, and employ Iraqi Policemen on the streets of Ramadi. COL MacFarland, and LTC James Lechner, Deputy Brigade Commander, successfully developed an Iraqi Police recruiting, training, and employment plan that was implemented by HHC, 2-152 Infantry (Mech), an Army National Guard unit that lived in Iraqi Police Stations and Combat Outposts conducting daily patrols and clearing operations with their counterparts. HHC, 2-152 Infantry, also known in Ramadi as "the 152nd", or the Police Transition Team (PTT) Company would provide the Iraqi Police in Ramadi with the leadership and oversight that proved crucial in re-establishing a police presence in Ramadi to ensure insurgent forces did not return to neighborhoods that had been secured. Consequently, the success of the Iraqi Police program in Ramadi convinced the Ramadi populace that their government could effectively provide for their security needs, a critical element of defeating the insurgency. The 152nd PTT Company's Iraqi Police efforts began in October 2006 and would continue through the departure of Ready First and into the tenure of 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division until the 152nd departed in October 2007. The 152nd was responsible for recruiting, training, and conducting patrols with hundreds of Iraqi Police, and opened several new Iraqi Police stations in the city of Ramadi."

Battle of Ramadi 2006 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

here's Ramadi today

ct-ramadi-united-states-policy-20150519

Arab_today-_ee110brk1.jpg

isil.jpg

Thats "Saddam Mosque." I patrolled passed that mosque a number of times. What a shame.

Forum List

Back