Ralph Reed: Obama Campaign 'Coming With A Knife In An Alley'

"No, we don't want a theocracy, we just think that our god should be above the government."

Okie dokie.

And Obama just clearly stated that his economic policies are based on biblical teachings.

Get back to me when you start to care about a President that's quoting scripture to explain his policies, mmmm 'kay?

You'll have to ask a left-winger about this, I'm no Obama apologist. And diversion doesn't work with me - play partisan games with someone else. I don't want ANY President, regardless of which ridiculous party he belongs to, justifying ANY of his actions on his religion. I'm consistent. If you want your life influenced by what a professional politician claims is divine guidance, that's up to you. Mmm kay?

Ralph Reed is as religiously deranged as Rick Santorum, but more dangerous in that he more quietly works behind the scenes to accomplish his religiopolitical agendas. I think Ralph Reed is a very scary dude, but I also think he's very good at what he does. He's no dummy...

I guess when one thinks that his country is his god's chosen country, that really lights a fire under a fella. My god is the true god, my religion is the right religion, my country is the chosen country. Holy crap, that pretty much gives you license to do whatever the hell you want.

First Nations believe that the Creator gave them this land. And we are "Earth Keepers".

That freaks you out?

Freaks me out? Dunno. Concerns me? Yes, indeed. Anyone in a position of authority who is basing his or her decisions on what their god is supposedly telling them, and not on common sense and reason, is not someone in whom I want to place miniscule power, if any.

Last edited:
Ralph Reed is as religiously deranged as Rick Santorum, but more dangerous in that he more quietly works behind the scenes to accomplish his religiopolitical agendas. I think Ralph Reed is a very scary dude, but I also think he's very good at what he does. He's no dummy...

I guess when one thinks that his country is his god's chosen country, that really lights a fire under a fella. My god is the true god, my religion is the right religion, my country is the chosen country. Holy crap, that pretty much gives you license to do whatever the hell you want.
....And, even Republicans are (finally) seeing the downside o' such bullshit.​

February 25, 2012

"After a week in which Rick Santorum's presidential campaign often seemed focused on issues like pre-natal testing, abortion and religion, the message from the Republican Party's establishment was becoming clear on Friday:

Loco, you've spent a whole page trying to see if anyone cares what Ralph Reed says.

Of course Obama is going to do and say anything to win, and so is Romney.

Why are we discussing this?

It's really simple. Bow out of the discussion, wingers are always screeching about free speech..

There is nothing obama won't do to win reelection. His campaign workers are going to hit the streets with portable credit card readers to shake people down on the spot.

I don't know if anything can save him though.

By Ariel Edwards-Levy

President Barack Obama's campaign will do anything to get him elected, GOP political operative Ralph Reed told Florida Republicans Feb. 16.

"So if you can't run on your economic record, you can't run on your foreign policy record, there's only one kind of campaign to run," Reed said. "And that is a scorched earth, negative, 'tear down the Republican nominee' campaign. And that's all this is going to be. And they're coming, and they're coming with a knife in an alley. That's what this fight is going to be like."

Reed told his audience not to underestimate Obama or his campaign team.

"There is nothing they will not do to win an election," Reed said. "This guy is as tough and as mean and as cynical as any politician you'll ever see. There is nothing he's not willing to do."

Reed is the founder of the Faith and Freedom Foundation and former head of the Christian Coalition. In 2006, he ran for lieutenant governor of Georgia but lost in the primary, partially due to the disclosure of business ties to disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

The remarks were originally taped by Conservative New Media and picked up by Right Wing Watch.

Ralph Reed: Obama Campaign 'Coming With A Knife In An Alley'

Reed: There is Nothing Obama Won't do to Win Re-Election | rightwingwatch.org

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j66tT8DxXH0&feature=player_embedded]Reed: There Is Nothing Obama Won't Do To Win Re-Election - YouTube[/ame]

It's surprising how Reed, Gingrich, others, seem to crawl out from under their rocks every four years thinking anyone likes them any better than they did four years previously.

He's another extreme right, anti choice, activist. The Republican party will embrace him at their peril.
Hell.....he's as significant as any other average, ordinary, garden-variety opportuni$t.....dressed as a Jesus-freak.​

"Ralph Reed, Former Executive Director of the Christian Coalition. Recipient of our Lifetime Achievement Award for Bigotry and Villainy, was the architect of the Christian Coalition's growth until 1997. The Christian Coalition has gone forth and multiplied, spreading nationwide like a plague of kudzu. Although some credit for this success is due Pat Robertson, from whose failed 1988 presidential campaign the Christian Coalition slithered forth, the real driving force and leading strategist behind this crypto-fascist movement has been Mr. Reed. With diligence and fierce efficiency, testing the outer limits of 501(c)(3) nonprofit status all the way, Reed has quietly set about dismantling the Bill of Rights. A measure of his success is the seriousness with which his Contract with American Families, a legislation package from Hades that pursues a program of theocratic social engineering, has been received on Capitol Hill. (One of its demands, the elimination of the arts and humanities endowments, is now nearing fulfillment.) Reed, who has the aura of a choirboy who slips behind the rectory to strangle cats, is one of the most sinister figures ever to gain power on the Christian Right."

QoaiJ.WiPh.91.jpg

Loco, you've spent a whole page trying to see if anyone cares what Ralph Reed says.

Of course Obama is going to do and say anything to win, and so is Romney.

Why are we discussing this?

It's really simple. Bow out of the discussion, wingers are always screeching about free speech..

My problem is not with the discussion, but that when it kept sinking to the bottom of the pile, Loco-coto decided to keep bumping it when no one gives a shit...

Forum List

Back