Ralph Nader calls Obama an Uncle Tom

Elutherian

BadMother****er
Oct 13, 2009
...and I'll be damned if I don't agree with him.

I know this is old news, but I hadn't seen this until last night:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibsP6XN2dIo&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Ralph Nader asks if Barack Obama will be an Uncle Tom[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COeqNdhuKuU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - (Uncle Tom?) Ralph Nader is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT![/ame]

lol, I like watching Shepard when he's pissed off.:lol:

Drops the f-bomb here talking to Napolitano and Gallagher, he almost drops it near the start talking about getting his Lawyer to do something, but he snaps at the end.:lol::oops:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEtFMj6ZiHM]YouTube - Shepherd Smith drops F-bomb during Freedom Watch: We do not F%$&ing torture!!![/ame]

As I had predicted some time ago, the radical left would turn against Obama. Next will come the leftist media. When they start referring to him as "our first mixed race President" you will know the process is complete.

So the radical left doesn't like Obama
And the radical right doesn't like Obama

must be doing SOMETHING right imho.

What's wrong with being radical? How do you define radical left vs. radical right? From what do you derive your dichotomy of left wing and right wing?

This is the problem with politics... people are stuck in the fucking fantasy world of the right vs. left, good guy vs. bad guy bullshit. Then words like radical, extremist, or fringe is used to describe people who realize that it's bullshit.

What's wrong with being radical? How do you define radical left vs. radical right? From what do you derive your dichotomy of left wing and right wing?

This is the problem with politics... people are stuck in the fucking fantasy world of the right vs. left, good guy vs. bad guy bullshit. Then words like radical, extremist, or fringe is used to describe people who realize that it's bullshit.

Radical means advocating a fast and extreme departure from current policy.
Liberal means advocating more moderate and incremental departure from current policy in a dirrection away from past policy.
Conservative means advocating no change in current policy.
Reactionary means advocating a return to previous policy.

It's good to know what the terms mean before you start flinging them around - kudos.

Liberal means advocating more moderate and incremental departure from current policy in a dirrection away from past policy.

It's good to know what the terms mean before you start flinging them around - kudos.

I've seen this before but I wholly disagree with your definition for Liberal. Liberal doesn't have anything to do with change necessarily. The word you should have there is progressive.

I've seen this before but I wholly disagree with your definition for Liberal. Liberal doesn't have anything to do with change necessarily. The word you should have there is progressive.

I understand your objection - I've heard it and I think there is some real merit to it. But imho - I think it is more of a reaction to the reasonably successful attempts from the right to re-define the word liberal. Since I reject that attempt, I also reject any negative connotations that attempt has ginned up. So I'm still comfortable with liberal - but I also have no problem with your very well reasoned objection.

z151102430.jpg

I had to do it...

it's good to know someone actually understands what the words mean. i hate when people think they can disregard meaning and say anything they want to.

and i'd have repped you but have to spread it around... etc.. etc... etc.

but i'll get to ya....

I understand your objection - I've heard it and I think there is some real merit to it. But imho - I think it is more of a reaction to the reasonably successful attempts from the right to re-define the word liberal. Since I reject that attempt, I also reject any negative connotations that attempt has ginned up. So I'm still comfortable with liberal - but I also have no problem with your very well reasoned objection.

That sounds to me more like you've bought into the right's redefinition rather than rejecting it. At least some of it. Liberalism, at least in the classic sense, is all about individual freedom and liberty (root word liber = latin for free). Now, if the status quo is totalitarian, a liberal would be radical. If the status quo was fundamental liberty for all, the liberal would be conservative. I know I'm arguing a losing battle in today's lexicon, but I've never ever bought into the notion that liberal and conservative are opposite ends of the same spectrum. Especially since I consider myself both.

That sounds to me more like you've bought into the right's redefinition rather than rejecting it. At least some of it. Liberalism, at least in the classic sense, is all about individual freedom and liberty (root word liber = latin for free). Now, if the status quo is totalitarian, a liberal would be radical. If the status quo was fundamental liberty for all, the liberal would be conservative. I know I'm arguing a losing battle in today's lexicon, but I've never ever bought into the notion that liberal and conservative are opposite ends of the same spectrum. Especially since I consider myself both.

Excellent points - I've never intended to buy into the redefinition effort, but maybe some of it was allowed to creep in without my notice. Very good points.

So what's the difference between Radical Left and Radical Right? If Conservative advocates no change, how can he be a radical?

I'm only asking because I know that dichotomy is a bunch of bullshit and you gonna trip over yourself eventually.

:rofl: I love Shepard's face when Nader calls him an uncle tom. Even he knows that Nader fucked up.

So, you just defined by the definitions posted, that Obama is a RADICAL!

Good job!:clap2:

Forum List

Back