rally to save the American dream

MoveOn.org Political Action

This Saturday, we will stand together to Save the American Dream. Be sure to wear Wisconsin Badger colors—red and white—to show your solidarity. Sign up today to join in!

There is no reason any honest person should support a union, especially a union that is proud that they are totally incompetent and ineffective. The unions should be disbanded and never allowed back in our educational system again. We need a Reagan to fire all the lawless union members

Democrats are anarchists and subversives.

right, do we need to say anymore about about what you people think.

It's really a shame you can't just look across the table and see who it is that's writing this crap, I would really like to know something about you to see why you have developed such an opinion of others. You know where we come from. We can only wonder what has made you what you are on the right.
Lets just define once and for all what the REAL american dream truly is:

SUCCESS VIA PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Nobody owes you Jack Shit........You owe yourself to go out and do right by YOU!

This progressive BS of Bottom up, top down, so everybody becomes one in the same in the middle, is just that, BULLSHIT!

This country has several enemies. One of those being the progressives and their nanny state agenda.......It ain't happenin'.

There is no reason any honest person should support a union, especially a union that is proud that they are totally incompetent and ineffective. The unions should be disbanded and never allowed back in our educational system again. We need a Reagan to fire all the lawless union members

Democrats are anarchists and subversives.

right, do we need to say anymore about about what you people think.

It's really a shame you can't just look across the table and see who it is that's writing this crap, I would really like to know something about you to see why you have developed such an opinion of others. You know where we come from. We can only wonder what has made you what you are on the right.
Lets just define once and for all what the REAL american dream truly is:

SUCCESS VIA PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Nobody owes you Jack Shit........You owe yourself to go out and do right by YOU!

This progressive BS of Bottom up, top down, so everybody becomes one in the same in the middle, is just that, BULLSHIT!

This country has several enemies. One of those being the progressives and their nanny state agenda.......It ain't happenin'.

:clap2:

yes the bottom feeders who go to college to get a degree, spend their lifes trying to better your childern as most of you sit in the local bar bashing them just goes to show everyone how much knowledge you have.

Bottom feeders? Who on earth are you talking about? Who the heck is in a local bar bashing anyone? And who the heck is trying to better my children?

I'm sure the next time you have a fire at night and some lousey greedy firefighter climbs through the burning window to grab your kids and get them out as you most like got out already you can shoot at them lazy wothless piles of shit finally earn his wage.

Most Firefighters in the country are volunteer Fire Fighters. They get paid absolutely nothing. They join up to serve their community.

However, what do firefighters, paid or volunteer, have to do with anything we are discussing?

It seems that republicans have no problem with trying to bring everyone down to their level or what they think a working persons level should be but then turn right around and say why are you trying to cause class warfare on the rich as CEO's go from 25 times the average wage 50 years ago to 220 times now. That wallshreet money pushers get a 141,000 bonus for what? stealing peoples money.

How on earth is doing the work of a CEO stealing people's money? If you work to provide goods or services for someone, why on earth should I be able to say you can't keep what you earned through your work? Why shouldn't you be free to contract for your pay?

And who is bringing people down to any level? We are trying to encourage people to stand up and become self supportive. To stop relying on others to determine their life.

If you took the time to go look Wisc state employees are very close to the middle for all of it's employees. The problem is that most of the those complaining are from two camps, either they aren't worth/can't demand a decent salary or they are at the top of their wage and don't see why they need to pay taxes to people they think aren't worth the time to spit on.

That's utter bullcrap. The people trying to fix the budget, you know, the taxpayers of the state are trying to keep their state solvent. That doesn't happen when you dont control spending. There isn't a person, business or government that creates wealth by spending more than they take in.

It's asbolutely absurd that you think the taxpayers should be supporter people with salaries and benefits they can't afford or likewise enjoy.

Why don't you tell those high earning corp's that fed your jobs to low cost countries so they could improve the bottom line, yet haven't lowered the cost to you and me the price of their product, that your pissed off they sold you down the tubes.

What are foreigners not entitled to work? People in India, China or other nations should starve when they can produce goods or services at lower costs while Union workers and politicians bankrupt the businesses?

Maybe if you want quality jobs, you should actually do quality work insted of pretending you are entitled to certain perks. You aren't someone special just because you join a union. Especially a Public one.

I am confident there are alot of good union workers. But I am so sick and tired of people like you defending the corruption and laziness of people while expecting to recieve more benefits than the average person. Elitist make me sick.

Working men and women are supposed to do with little of nothing and the rich can get whatever they can, you know it's a free society. walker passes a tax cut to business of 162 million a year and then wants the middle class to suck it up and pay for it, and by the way you will no longer have the right to better yourself, you will get whatever it is we deem your worth.

I am so sick of you elitists pretending that only union members work in this nation. Most workers in America are not unionized. I am so sick and tired of you pretending youre something special because you have no problem intimidating people to get your way.

Yeah there will be one class of citizen in Wisc, those who have the money and all the rest who won't have any class.

This is the United States of America. We have no classes in this society. Every Individual American has a right to pursue their own happiness. No one person is better than another.

Get the hell over yourself

typical right wingnut, never have the guts to discuss what you believe unless it's with people who agree with you.

And you guys seem to think you know what people are worth so tell us what's a living wage? Is it what you need to live or is it what someone figures they can/want to pay?

There is no such thing as living wage. That's another marxist fantasy.

typical right wingnut, never have the guts to discuss what you believe unless it's with people who agree with you.

And you guys seem to think you know what people are worth so tell us what's a living wage? Is it what you need to live or is it what someone figures they can/want to pay?

That is because no matter how much you give it is never enough. Wanting more is part of human nature.

I want to know how TM attained the beach house......Was it through hard work and personal responibility?

Was it inherited from someone who practiced hard work and personal responsibility?

Was it given by Van Jones, Barack Obama, Anita Dunne, Francis Fox Piven, Cass Sunstein, etc., because "you deserve this, whether you earned it or not"?....."Because everybody should have a beach house, and a chicken stewin' in the pot"......"It's the "NEW AMERICAN DREAM". And we screwed over a bunch o' "RICH PEOPLE", to get it for ya'!"........Hoooooody hooooooooo!

That is because no matter how much you give it is never enough. Wanting more is part of human nature.

I have to agree. Some of the problems were dealing with today have to do with what has become the norm for us, whether rich, middle class, or poor. Most of us fall between on the category scales.

My parents were certainly comfortable. My dad always made more than average and there were only two kids as opposed to most families of 3-4 children at that time. We live in a pretty affluent suburb, in a decent home, over 3k sq ft, which was pretty big in the 50's and 60's. My mom brought in a second income after my younger brother turned 10.

From the 3rd year of my marriage, my husband and I had two new cars and a bigger home than my folks. We had more clothes, more expensive ones too. Our kids had more toys and clothes than either myself or my husband had had growing up and his parents were rich-dad a nuclear engineer and mom a pharmacist. I didn't work when my kids were little, my husband made about twice the average salary.

Truth of the matter, while we didn't go overboard with credit, paid them off every month, we didn't save much money other than college funds for the kids. It had become expected that yearly vacations, kitchen remodeling, summer camps, were the norm.

It's the same with those now called 'poor.' Yes, there are poor in this country, yet in many ways what they have is certainly better than what many of us 'middle class' people grew up with. My family home wasn't air conditioned until I was in college. Yeah, my parents could have afforded it, but they didn't until the old electrical system gave out. Then they brought in the 220 line and circuit breakers. Christmas wasn't the same after that, no more fuses blown. :lol: They got a color tv when the old ones started breaking and fuses, (again), weren't available. They never got a dishwasher, until they retired. My daughter has my mom's old mixmaster, though she's added a new one, cause of color I guess, on her wedding registry. (I will take the old one back, but mine is still working from when I got married, 30+ years ago.) It's the one appliance I've never had or wanted to replace.

My folks rarely replaced anything before the old ones were worn out, my husband and I bought the new version of most electronics and such on average of every other year.

yes the bottom feeders who go to college to get a degree, spend their lifes trying to better your childern as most of you sit in the local bar bashing them just goes to show everyone how much knowledge you have.

Bottom feeders? Who on earth are you talking about? Who the heck is in a local bar bashing anyone? And who the heck is trying to better my children?

I'm sure the next time you have a fire at night and some lousey greedy firefighter climbs through the burning window to grab your kids and get them out as you most like got out already you can shoot at them lazy wothless piles of shit finally earn his wage.

Most Firefighters in the country are volunteer Fire Fighters. They get paid absolutely nothing. They join up to serve their community.

However, what do firefighters, paid or volunteer, have to do with anything we are discussing?

How on earth is doing the work of a CEO stealing people's money? If you work to provide goods or services for someone, why on earth should I be able to say you can't keep what you earned through your work? Why shouldn't you be free to contract for your pay?

And who is bringing people down to any level? We are trying to encourage people to stand up and become self supportive. To stop relying on others to determine their life.

That's utter bullcrap. The people trying to fix the budget, you know, the taxpayers of the state are trying to keep their state solvent. That doesn't happen when you dont control spending. There isn't a person, business or government that creates wealth by spending more than they take in.

It's asbolutely absurd that you think the taxpayers should be supporter people with salaries and benefits they can't afford or likewise enjoy.

What are foreigners not entitled to work? People in India, China or other nations should starve when they can produce goods or services at lower costs while Union workers and politicians bankrupt the businesses?

Maybe if you want quality jobs, you should actually do quality work insted of pretending you are entitled to certain perks. You aren't someone special just because you join a union. Especially a Public one.

I am confident there are alot of good union workers. But I am so sick and tired of people like you defending the corruption and laziness of people while expecting to recieve more benefits than the average person. Elitist make me sick.

Working men and women are supposed to do with little of nothing and the rich can get whatever they can, you know it's a free society. walker passes a tax cut to business of 162 million a year and then wants the middle class to suck it up and pay for it, and by the way you will no longer have the right to better yourself, you will get whatever it is we deem your worth.

I am so sick of you elitists pretending that only union members work in this nation. Most workers in America are not unionized. I am so sick and tired of you pretending youre something special because you have no problem intimidating people to get your way.

Yeah there will be one class of citizen in Wisc, those who have the money and all the rest who won't have any class.

This is the United States of America. We have no classes in this society. Every Individual American has a right to pursue their own happiness. No one person is better than another.

Get the hell over yourself
Where's Iowa10000 to respond to all of this?

Because, it is absolutely spot on!

Last edited:
This Saturday, we will stand together to Save the American Dream. Be sure to wear Wisconsin Badger colors—red and white—to show your solidarity. Sign up today to join in!

The American Dream is already dead.

Meet The Global(ization) Dream.

Democrats forced banks to make bad loans back in the 90's so that people could realize the "American dream" of owning a home regardless of their ability or willingness to pay for it. What is the "American dream" according to the left today? Municipal unions extorting the last dollar from destitute states?

But the truth is, can't you answer the question I posed to you, HOW MUCH SHOULD THEY BE PAID?

Their salaries should be directly linked to the success and/or failure of their students. Piece of cake. How far do you think WI would get with the unions with THAT stipulation?

The issue I would have with that is that teachers cannot force a student to do well, therefore, a student's success or failure is an unfair measurement. It relies on something outside the teacher's control.

But the truth is, can't you answer the question I posed to you, HOW MUCH SHOULD THEY BE PAID?

Their salaries should be directly linked to the success and/or failure of their students. Piece of cake. How far do you think WI would get with the unions with THAT stipulation?

The issue I would have with that is that teachers cannot force a student to do well, therefore, a student's success or failure is an unfair measurement. It relies on something outside the teacher's control.

This is true of one child, may even be true of a skewed class, but is not true in a long term way. Good teachers have a history of having kids learn more than they would on average, sometimes in spite of the kids themselves.

I'll make one prediction...

However many people show up MSNBC will report it was 5 times as many, Fox News will report that it was only 1/5 of the number, and both false reports will be taken as gospel by a large number of ignrorant partisan twats who post here. :thup:

I'll make one prediction...

However many people show up MSNBC will report it was 5 times as many, Fox News will report that it was only 1/5 of the number, and both false reports will be taken as gospel by a large number of ignrorant partisan twats who post here. :thup:

Call me skeptical but Van Jones claims to have 'had the idea' last Tuesday... have you seen the list of organizations who've jumped on the bandwagon? That's an impressive list considering the amount of time they've had to 'organize' it.

I smell yet more left wing bullshit. And I don't care how many dead people they drag out. It will still be bullshit.

Not only that but it encourages the teachers to fudge the students grades on purpose.

Forum List

Back