rally to save the American dream

I got to believe two things here, most of you have never worked for a living wage or your from families that have it made and want to make sure you keep everything you have.

Ps what should a Wisc teacher get paid? Not to mention all the rest of the state employees.

What's a living wage?

As to the rest of what you posted.... piss off and peddle your ignorant class warfare rhetoric somewhere else.

There is a class warfare going on, indeed.

The share of total income going to the top 1 percent of earners, which stood at 8.9 percent in 1976, rose to 23.5 percent by 2007, but during the same period, the average inflation-adjusted hourly wage declined by more than 7 percent.

Long as you're alright though, don't worry about the shrinking middle class which is horrendous for the Country. Long as you're cool, the top 1% can have as much of the pot as they desire.

Actually, the real class war is between the Government Class and those of us who pay the bills.

Well it's either got to be one of two things here with these people.

#1 I have it made and I don't like the idea that I have to pay what your asking for.
#2 I have never made anything of myself and I don't see why I should help you do better then I am doing.

I once had a guy tell me that a loaf of bread cost the same for you as it does me, and we both put our pants on the same way one leg at a time. He told me we should all get the same raise, and if you were being paid 5.00 and He was getting 4.00, that's one dollar difference, so when we got to 20.00 he figured he should get 19.00.

#2 probably fits most people on this site. You can tell from their lack of critical thinking, lack of health insurance due to being broke and their outright hypocritical views that when confronted on, they ignore. The true sign of low intelligence and zero ambition in life. If their life sucks, they want to make sure everyones does. Oh, and it's never their own fault...it's always the government that has stopped them from achieving the fabled "American Dream". :lol:

MoveOn.org Political Action

This Saturday, we will stand together to Save the American Dream. Be sure to wear Wisconsin Badger colors—red and white—to show your solidarity. Sign up today to join in!

Define the American dream?

Is that dream to live off of other peoples money? There are many with that dream.
Is that dream to work hard and better your life? Some have that dream too.

typical right wingnut, never have the guts to discuss what you believe unless it's with people who agree with you.

And you guys seem to think you know what people are worth so tell us what's a living wage? Is it what you need to live or is it what someone figures they can/want to pay?

We live in the Real world, where a Balance between what unions want, and what states can actually afford to pay, Must be found.

Blind Support for a union which is Clearly unwilling to accept even modest concessions, is no different or Better, than being a blind supporter of the Rich. the Golden Goose is Dead, Either a compromise will be found, or 12,000 Plus Wis Teachers will be laid off, Indefinitely.

Don't Expect the Rank and File Union Members to admit to, or care about that. As long as they keep their Free Health Care, and incredibly awesome Pension matching programs, they could care less about the new members among them that will be laid off.

What's a living wage?

As to the rest of what you posted.... piss off and peddle your ignorant class warfare rhetoric somewhere else.

There is a class warfare going on, indeed.

The share of total income going to the top 1 percent of earners, which stood at 8.9 percent in 1976, rose to 23.5 percent by 2007, but during the same period, the average inflation-adjusted hourly wage declined by more than 7 percent.

Long as you're alright though, don't worry about the shrinking middle class which is horrendous for the Country. Long as you're cool, the top 1% can have as much of the pot as they desire.

Actually, the real class war is between the Government Class and those of us who pay the bills.

If you're referring to the meme the rich only "pay the bills," then them having to pay the bills must be working because the Rich are somehow getting richer.

#1 I have it made and I don't like the idea that I have to pay what your asking for.
#2 I have never made anything of myself and I don't see why I should help you do better then I am doing.

I once had a guy tell me that a loaf of bread cost the same for you as it does me, and we both put our pants on the same way one leg at a time. He told me we should all get the same raise, and if you were being paid 5.00 and He was getting 4.00, that's one dollar difference, so when we got to 20.00 he figured he should get 19.00.

#2 probably fits most people on this site. You can tell from their lack of critical thinking, lack of health insurance due to being broke and their outright hypocritical views that when confronted on, they ignore. The true sign of low intelligence and zero ambition in life. If their life sucks, they want to make sure everyones does. Oh, and it's never their own fault...it's always the government that has stopped them from achieving the fabled "American Dream". :lol:

Still belittling those you claim to want to help i see.

This Saturday, we will stand together to Save the American Dream. Be sure to wear Wisconsin Badger colors—red and white—to show your solidarity. Sign up today to join in!

There is no reason any honest person should support a union, especially a union that is proud that they are totally incompetent and ineffective. The unions should be disbanded and never allowed back in our educational system again. We need a Reagan to fire all the lawless union members

Democrats are anarchists and subversives.

Yeah you can bet that would go over big at all the places on wall street. Times are tough and we can't afford to pay so many of you guys, but dam we don't want to lose any of you, so we came up with a plan, were going to cut everyone and all of you will now be getting a 20% cut and from now on you will only be able to get a cost of living wage and if this isn't enough there will be more cuts, but we will keep everyone.

Yeah I remember the Reagen Freeze, we got 10/20/10(cents)and a few months later he lifted the ban and I asked well lets go back and look at this, but was told by the company you agreed to it so live with it, even though every sal. employee got all their back wages/cost of living increase pluss more for the future. Yeah its a fair world.

Is that dream to live off of other peoples money? There are many with that dream.

There's no such thing as 'The' American dream.

Everyone is different, so everyones dreams will be different.

Just the hypocrites.

There's no such thing as 'The' American dream.

Everyone is different, so everyones dreams will be different.

Which is why i am interested in what truthdoesnmatters idea of the American dream is.

Just the hypocrites.

I see, that would be yourself then.

There is no reason any honest person should support a union, especially a union that is proud that they are totally incompetent and ineffective. The unions should be disbanded and never allowed back in our educational system again. We need a Reagan to fire all the lawless union members

right, do we need to say anymore about about what you people think.

It's really a shame you can't just look across the table and see who it is that's writing this crap, I would really like to know something about you to see why you have developed such an opinion of others. You know where we come from. We can only wonder what has made you what you are on the right.

American Dream - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Historian James Truslow Adams popularized the phrase "American Dream" in his 1931 book Epic of America:

The American Dream is that dream of a land in which life should be better and richer and fuller for every man, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement. It is a difficult dream for the European upper classes to interpret adequately, also too many of us ourselves have grown weary and mistrustful of it. It is not a dream of motor cars and high wages merely, but a dream of social order in which each man and each woman shall be able to attain to the fullest stature of which they are innately capable, and be recognized by others for what they are, regardless of the fortuitous circumstances of birth or position.[1]

oops, there may be some wording in there that offends some libs. sorry bout that.
”The German emigrant comes into a country free from the despotism, privileged orders and monopolies, intolerable taxes, and constraints in matters of belief and conscience. Everyone can travel and settle wherever he pleases. No passport is demanded, no police mingles in his affairs or hinders his movements....Fidelity and merit are the only sources of honor here. The rich stand on the same footing as the poor; the scholar is not a mug above the most humble mechanics; no German ought to be ashamed to pursue any occupation....[In America] wealth and possession of real estate confer not the least political right on its owner above what the poorest citizen has. Nor are there nobility, privileged orders, or standing armies to weaken the physical and moral power of the people, nor are there swarms of public functionaries to devour in idleness credit for. Above all, there are no princes and corrupt courts representing the so-called divine 'right of birth.' In such a country the talents, energy and perseverance of a person...have far greater opportunity to display than in monarchies."[5]
Loved that one.

Martin Luther King Jr. in his "Letter from a Birmingham Jail" (1963) rooted the civil rights movement in the black quest for the American dream:[6]

"We will win our freedom because the sacred heritage of our nation and the eternal will of God are embodied in our echoing demands. . . . when these disinherited children of God sat down at lunch counters they were in reality standing up for what is best in the American dream and for the most sacred values in our Judeo-Christian heritage, thereby bringing our nation back to those great wells of democracy which were dug deep by the founding fathers in their formulation of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence."

For those that don't know what he menat by the sitting down to stand up. Blackmen and women risked arrest and probable beatings by filling the seats of white only restaraunts.

odd

I found no mention of unions. Maybe further down the link.

It's really a shame you can't just look across the table and see who it is that's writing this crap, I would really like to know something about you to see why you have developed such an opinion of others. You know where we come from. We can only wonder what has made you what you are on the right.

What exactly are we on the right?

But the truth is, can't you answer the question I posed to you, HOW MUCH SHOULD THEY BE PAID?

Their salaries should be directly linked to the success and/or failure of their students. Piece of cake. How far do you think WI would get with the unions with THAT stipulation?

Yep.

Pay based on performance not longevity.

Thnk that would surely put a crimp in the Union big time.

I got to believe two things here, most of you have never worked for a living wage or your from families that have it made and want to make sure you keep everything you have.

Ps what should a Wisc teacher get paid? Not to mention all the rest of the state employees.
They're being paid plenty....45-75 g's a year with benefits and pensions plans that are on average better than the private sector, you douchebag!

I've seen what you want to do to the country, the direction you want to take it and you can go fuck yourself.

The Democrat/Progressive/NeoMarxist Dream is you turn every city into Detroit.

The Unions just killed themselves. Nobody supports complete fucks up who don't do their jobs and insist they're entitled to our money.

Last edited:
The demonRats have waged class war, a race war, and an economic war for years.. Ain't life in the Divided States of America grand? They've treated all white conservatives like shit and now they think we should stand with em. I see em like I see the folks over at the UN.. Fuck em.

Forum List

Back