Raising Your Child as an Atheist.

Are you condemning you child because of your beliefs? Would it not be better to let him or her experience religion on their own, without influence from the parents.

Religion is not an experience. It is a toxic, utterly deranged and malevolent lie-based construct that addicts its believers to lies. Some god myth addicts wish to literally spread their disease to other humans, and choose children because of their vulnerabilities.

In a Truth-based society, it would be a serious criminal offence to attempt to addict a child to religion.

As much as I can't stand religion, and especially the fundamentalist nuts, I think overall it does good. I know it sounds bad, and there are many people that don't need religion to do good, but I think overall it prevents many people from acting like animals and harming others. Seems religion is an evolutionary trait to counter our level of intelligence where we question everything, and realize many of the tough and disturbing things in life. Keeps people sane, keeps them from harming others. Granted, they should do that just out of pure goodness, but then again, humans are animals and there are many animalistic traits in humans.

Are you condemning you child because of your beliefs? Would it not be better to let him or her experience religion on their own, without influence from the parents.

Religion is not an experience. It is a toxic, utterly deranged and malevolent lie-based construct that addicts its believers to lies. Some god myth addicts wish to literally spread their disease to other humans, and choose children because of their vulnerabilities.

In a Truth-based society, it would be a serious criminal offence to attempt to addict a child to religion.

So your saying it would be better to condemn the child because of something you believe.

I must say...

your logical thought processes show severe malfunctions....

logically.....if I don't believe in a god
then i would NOT believe "i'm condemning my child by not teaching him (YOUR) religion"

why on earth would someone who did NOT believe in god think it a good idea to brainwash his own children into believing something he, himself, doesn't believe in?

at best....we give them the opportunity to decide for themselves...

unlike YOU....who INDOCTRINATES and BRAINWASHED his children with fears and myths and bigotries

So your saying it would be better to condemn the child because of something you believe.

I must say...

your logical thought processes show severe malfunctions....

logically.....if I don't believe in a god
then i would NOT believe "i'm condemning my child by not teaching him (YOUR) religion"

why on earth would someone who did NOT believe in god think it a good idea to brainwash his own children into believing something he, himself, doesn't believe in?

at best....we give them the opportunity to decide for themselves...

unlike YOU....who INDOCTRINATES and BRAINWASHED his children with fears and myths and bigotries

No, by your teaching them not to.

you are being illogical, irrational, unfair and insulting.

accusing someone of being indoctrinated simply because they are intelligent enough to see that most children are being INDOCTRINATED by their parents into whatever religion they happen to have been indoctrinated in by THEIR parents (who got it from THEIR parents...who got it from THEIR parents....) is absurd.

and I must say...rather typical of people like you....

accusing someone of being indoctrinated because they have faith...

back at ya, brother. Is hypocrit in your vocabulary?

You really need to step away from your biblebabble for just a second..don't worry...you can go right back to your trance...just not right this second....:lol::lol: The "Faith" of which you speak was taught to you..if not beaten into your brain by those that must propagandise as thier lifes mission. Teaching is indoctrination. That is all...you can go back to your coma now.

Well, when you and your atheist scholars can explain where life originated from and show exactly what was involved, you might have a leg to stand on. Your belief that the human mind is even capable of understanding the universe and how it was formed is just as much of a guess and a leap of faith as the idea that there is intelligent design behind it all. My logic when examining the world around me tells me that this all didn't happen by chance, there is much evidence in scientific research that suggests it was not by chance. There is order and design in every form of life.

You really need to step away from your biblebabble for just a second..don't worry...you can go right back to your trance...just not right this second....:lol::lol: The "Faith" of which you speak was taught to you..if not beaten into your brain by those that must propagandise as thier lifes mission. Teaching is indoctrination. That is all...you can go back to your coma now.

Well, when you and your atheist scholars can explain where life originated from and show exactly what was involved, you might have a leg to stand on. Your belief that the human mind is even capable of understanding the universe and how it was formed is just as much of a guess and a leap of faith as the idea that there is intelligent design behind it all. My logic when examining the world around me tells me that this all didn't happen by chance, there is much evidence in scientific research that suggests it was not by chance. There is order and design in every form of life.

Where and when life first came to be has not yet nor will it ever probably be discovered. It may have been started here on earth as it relates to us and the other speciess that we share this orb with. The materials that life needs to exist has been very clearly made known. Super novas created all of the stuff it takes to make life.

The evidence of how life came to be has been stacking up to a mountain over the last 2500 years. Lately the knowledge has grown exponentially.

The knowledge supporting a "God" has grown less and less credible over the same time frame.

I get that some people are afraid of death...Are we really only here for a moment? Are we not worthy of forever?

Many people do not trust in us. They see what is in thier own hearts and do not trust in humans to guide us forward.

Fear is not a fact. It is an emotion.

As to apparent design. If you could see all of the billions of failed attempts stacked up next to the ones that have succeeded thus far then your perspective might be different. You might even see that chaos...not design is our planets history.

As much as I can't stand religion, and especially the fundamentalist nuts, I think overall it does good. I know it sounds bad, and there are many people that don't need religion to do good, but I think overall it prevents many people from acting like animals and harming others. Seems religion is an evolutionary trait to counter our level of intelligence where we question everything, and realize many of the tough and disturbing things in life. Keeps people sane, keeps them from harming others. Granted, they should do that just out of pure goodness, but then again, humans are animals and there are many animalistic traits in humans.

umm religion has caused more death, destruction and violence than all the rest of the stuff in the world combined.

why do religious people always have moving goal posts? what will you say when science has proven everything in the universe and their is no process left to have faith in?

As much as I can't stand religion, and especially the fundamentalist nuts, I think overall it does good.p.quote]

Anyone who thinks in terms of good and bad is mentally deranged and hopelessly brainwashed by society.

I know it sounds bad, and there are many people that don't need religion to do good, but I think overall it prevents many people from acting like animals and harming others.
Above. Appeal to consequences. Religion causes and contributes to more death, carnage and human suffering than any animal could ever manage to undertake.

Seems religion is an evolutionary trait to counter our level of intelligence where we question everything, and realize many of the tough and disturbing things in life. Keeps people sane, keeps them from harming others. Granted, they should do that just out of pure goodness, but then again, humans are animals and there are many animalistic traits in humans.

No, religion is a symptom of the Truth that humans are insane and deranged. Only .000001 % or so of humans are sane and rational, as I am. Religion is NOT an evolutionary trait, and there is no evidence of this insane and deranged theory. And no, it always ends up harming those who are indoctrinated with it, and that often leads them to harm others.

Forum List

Back