Raising the Debt Ceiling to get a balanced budget is like Whoring for Virginity.

Your response made my point clearly.

I agree that spending has to limited,massive cuts need to be made across the board, entitlement programs have to re-fitted, etc.

Good. That is a start. We will beat Obama next year with Mitt. Nothing the far, far right has offered as candidates will do that.

I am glad we found some common ground.

What F-ing point?

You said you read all my posts on the previous page, perhaps you didn't read carefully enough because I said the same damn thing before.

And good luck with Mitt. You have no idea why the Republicans retook the House last election or the ramifications of a energized Tea Party electorate means. It means Mitt has no chance in this new Republican Party.

You are not the GOP, you TP extremists. You have some votes that we will take, but, no, the TP will not nominate a candidate for which the heart of the party will not approve. End of that story.

Mitt will be nominated, he will win. If he is not, BHO will be reelected. You folks will not dictate, because you do not enough votes.

And if Mitt does get the nomination you can bet that there is going to be a third party challenger that is going to screw things up. I'm not extremist enough to vote for a third party because I am a life long Republican and would never try to denigrate and insult other conservatives as not apart of the Grand Ole Party.

Yes you represent the GOP and the last election didn't mean anything.

What F-ing point?

You said you read all my posts on the previous page, perhaps you didn't read carefully enough because I said the same damn thing before.

And good luck with Mitt. You have no idea why the Republicans retook the House last election or the ramifications of a energized Tea Party electorate means. It means Mitt has no chance in this new Republican Party.

You are not the GOP, you TP extremists. You have some votes that we will take, but, no, the TP will not nominate a candidate for which the heart of the party will not approve. End of that story.

Mitt will be nominated, he will win. If he is not, BHO will be reelected. You folks will not dictate, because you do not enough votes.

LOL Yes call me an extremist. The GOP, YOUR GOP was voted out back in 2008 for raising government spending and the debt limit. Two years later a wave of fiscal conservatives changed the entire face of the Republican Party.

I only have recent history on my side, you can see the future. Can't argue with that.
Genius

That vote was not for the TP, that was for fiscal sanity, not stupidity. The president made Ryan look stupid, McConnell looked even more stupid with his suggestion, and now that Boehner has the idiots tucked away, a deal will be coming shortly.

Check the polls. No one on the far right can run with Obama much less beat him. You don't have the votes, and you will watch Mitt or someone else acceptable pulling far away from the TP candidates next march. Check the polls.

If there is a third party, then BHO will be re-elected with Obamacare forever part of America.

Last edited:

LOL Yes call me an extremist. The GOP, YOUR GOP was voted out back in 2008 for raising government spending and the debt limit. Two years later a wave of fiscal conservatives changed the entire face of the Republican Party.

I only have recent history on my side, you can see the future. Can't argue with that.
Genius

That vote was not for the TP, that was for fiscal sanity, not stupidity. The president made Ryan look stupid, McConnell looked even more stupid with his suggestion, and now that Boehner has the idiots tucked away, a deal will be coming shortly.

Check the polls. No one on the far right can run with Obama much less beat him. You don't have the votes, and you will watch Mitt or someone else acceptable pulling far away from the TP candidates next march. Check the polls.

If there is a third party, then BHO will be re-elected with Obamacare forever part of America.

What the hell are you talking about? Latest Gallup poll has a generic Republican candidate beating Obama by 8% points.

This admiration you have for Obama is crazy. You talk like he's unbeatable, like he has such a great record to run on. I'm certain whomever gets the nomination can beat him, but you are a defeatist sad supposed Republican.

And I would think you would be in favor of Obama Care, just taking Romney Care national :lol:

You really don't know much, do you?

I said Mitt can beat BHO. I said the far right can't. Then you talk all sorts of silliness. Here, look:

You lied about the generic poll. Obama is ahead 00.8% of Mr or Mz Generic, not behind 8%. Right now Obama is ahead of Romney by almost 5%. RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Romney is beating his GOP contenders by 10.8%. RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

Oh snap, you put me in my place by making no real point at all.

What do I want?

I want lots of things, too many to list here, but if you are talking about government spending I want an end to $200 billion/month deficit spending. Perhaps you haven't been watching the news lately but it is very negotiable :lol:

There is not 200B per month in deficit spending. That's 2.4T per year when the largest deficit has been about 1.7. Quit making shit up.

RealClearPolitics - U.S. Sets New Record for Monthly Deficit Spending

Record deficit spending in one month was reached back in March and has continued since at over $200 billion a month there genius. I can post more than the above, but I want you to show me any evidence that when I said deficit spending is at $200 billion/month is incorrect. You are so uninformed.

You have definitively demonstrated that you haven't a clue. It is pointless to even talk to you.

You should tell the Treasury Department about this new finding of yours - they are unaware of these monthly deficits! Here, have a look at the balances at the end of each month: Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application) I'm sorry if reality is getting in the way of your rant.

Or you could just use google and find stuff like this: "The Treasury reported a deficit of $58 billion for May, about $2 billion less than CBO had projected on the basis of the Daily Treasury Statements. That difference occurred largely because spending for veterans, transportation, housing, and income security programs was lower than CBO expected.

The deficit in June was $45 billion, CBO estimates, $23 billion less than the shortfall recorded a year ago. That decline occurred because spending was less in June 2011 than it was in June 2010." http://imarketnews.com/node/33401

Or, you could just continue lying.

Last edited:
Nothing in the Constitution requires Congress not to have a balanced budget. nothing in the Constitution requires the Congress to have an unbalanced budget.

Capping spending is fine - for a specific Congress. So if this Congress would like to make a rule that spending can only be 20% of GDP next year, it is free to do so - and pass a budget accordingly.

However, this Congress can not bind future Congresses to its spending limits, caps, or priorities. The next Congress has no legal responsibility to continue the practices of this one.

You are talking out of your ass.

This is my point doing things like making cuts 5 or 6 years from now will never work. This congress should not raise the debt ceiling to force cuts now. If we are serious about doing something about the deficit, then we have to do it now.

Actually I hope Perry runs. At this point I'm not excited about any GOP candidate. If I had to vote today though, it would be for Cain.

Nothing in the Constitution requires Congress not to have a balanced budget. nothing in the Constitution requires the Congress to have an unbalanced budget.

Capping spending is fine - for a specific Congress. So if this Congress would like to make a rule that spending can only be 20% of GDP next year, it is free to do so - and pass a budget accordingly.

However, this Congress can not bind future Congresses to its spending limits, caps, or priorities. The next Congress has no legal responsibility to continue the practices of this one.

You are talking out of your ass.

This is my point doing things like making cuts 5 or 6 years from now will never work. This congress should not raise the debt ceiling to force cuts now. If we are serious about doing something about the deficit, then we have to do it now.

Failing to raise the debt ceiling would certainly force cuts....and it would require this congress to refuse to pay the bills this congress approved.

...and it would leave the treasury dept to decide who gets paid and who doesn't.

...and it would send the economy into a tailspin, increase interest rates on everything from government debt to credit cards and cars, and probably collapse a couple of the largest US financial firms.

Actually I hope Perry runs. At this point I'm not excited about any GOP candidate. If I had to vote today though, it would be for Cain.

A good deal of Texas wants Perry to run so that his political dictatorship of the state can be broken up. If he runs, Bachmann falls out, and Perry becomes the conservative alternative to Romney. Perry is to vulnerable in several areas, I believe, to confront BHO, but time will tell.

Failing to raise the debt ceiling would certainly force cuts....and it would require this congress to refuse to pay the bills this congress approved.

...and it would leave the treasury dept to decide who gets paid and who doesn't.

...and it would send the economy into a tailspin, increase interest rates on everything from government debt to credit cards and cars, and probably collapse a couple of the largest US financial firms.

Well, I would suggest extend the debt limit enough to get through this budget year and say it is not going up again. But Obama has already said he will not do a temporary extension. He said he would only accept an extension that will last through 2012. So that is out and basically Congress only has two options now. Either except what he wants or don’t increase it.

I understand it is going to be painful. But cuts will be painful no matter when they come. But it is always going to hurt which is why it is so hard to do. You are going to anger a lot of people.

New Topics

Forum List

Back