Raising The Dead

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
The implications (and possibilities) and endless.

Scientists 'raise the dead' in experiment

12:44pm 27th June 2005

Zombies rising from the dead sound like the stuff of horror films and nightmares - but it could soon be reality.

Scientists have discovered a way to bring dead dogs back to life.

Using a so-called suspended animation technique, they emptied the dead animals' veins of blood and filled them with ice-cold saline solution to preserve the tissues and organs.

The animals had no heartbeat or brain activity and were classed as being clinically dead.

The saline solution was then replaced with fresh blood and electric shocks were used to restart the heart. The dogs appeared unharmed by their suspension and had suffered no brain damage

Scientists at the Safar Centre in Pittsburgh hope to use the technique on humans within a year and are in talks with hospitals about trials on trauma patients.

They believe it could save the lives of people who have suffered massive blood loss, such as battlefield casualties or stabbings victims.

'The results are stunning. They have these dogs with complete cardiac standstill for three hours and they recover to normality,' said trauma surgeon Dr Howard Champion.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15739502-13762,00.html

Oh goody. Let's over-populate the world by never letting anyone die. I can't possibly see how this would be a problem. Who decides who gets brought back to life?

Does this mean I have to have MORE paperwork????

A regular will, a living will, now this.

And how do they KNOW, these dogs are indeed okay? What happens long-term?

Joz said:

Oooh. I forgot all about that... Needing a will just to stay dead when you die.. I can add that to my list of things wrong with this whole scenario. :)

This sounds more like suspended animation than dead. They took healthy dogs, replaced their blood with cold saline, then revived them and they were healthy.

This is probably based on the several times that kids have been pulled from very cold rivers and revived after being in them for hours at a time. They usually revive into healthy normal people. This is likely testing to see if we can purposefully do this and be able to save people who would otherwise die without such intervetion. I doubt it's use would happen much on the geriatric ward, more likely with trauma such as car accidents. Application of this would give surgeons more time to save the patient and a better chance of reviving them without brain damage.

no1tovote4 said:
This sounds more like suspended animation than dead. They took healthy dogs, replaced their blood with cold saline, then revived them and they were healthy.

This is probably based on the several times that kids have been pulled from very cold rivers and revived after being in them for hours at a time. They usually revive into healthy normal people. This is likely testing to see if we can purposefully do this and be able to save people who would otherwise die without such intervetion. I doubt it's use would happen much on the geriatric ward, more likely with trauma such as car accidents. Application of this would give surgeons more time to save the patient and a better chance of reviving them without brain damage.
I would venture a guess they might be looking at this toward the possibility of lengthy space travel. When I was a kid, me and a friend would take bugs, freeze them and then thaw them out later and they would be alive. I know bugs are a LOT different, but it was cool! :cool:

freeandfun1 said:
I would venture a guess they might be looking at this toward the possibility of lengthy space travel. When I was a kid, me and a friend would take bugs, freeze them and then thaw them out later and they would be alive. I know bugs are a LOT different, but it was cool! :cool:

I did that with flies. :clap1:

Joz said:

They see dead people (or maybe just dead dogs). :)

freeandfun1 said:

We did it with bees, while working at a restaurant at an Amusement Park. If the health dept. had walked into our freezer they would have flipped!

Hatian bokars have been Bringing people "back form the dead" for centuries. while they did not use this particular method, they did use one that even allowed for the victim to be buried.

You can read about it here

Most of the information they use comes form Wade Davis an anthropologist who studied and solved the "Zombie phenomenon" in Haiti.

Forum List

Back