Raising taxes on the rich is not a good idea

If you raise taxes on the rich, you wil hurt their feelings. They will take their money and go home.

If you make it too hard on the rich, nobody will want to be rich anymore

Maybe you should try that philosophy for the poor...

Kyzr's post is spot on.

I'm all for cutting taxes to create jobs. But I'm against cutting taxes them hope like he'll they create jobs. That's just dumb.

That's like handing over the money before your car is repaired.

No kidding.

I love the fact that we must FEAR RAISING EVEN 1 PERCENT on the rich or they are just going to move to India. Totally neglecting the fact that 800+ million people in India live on $2.00 or less a day.

The United States is a very prosperous country and gives the rich in this country an opportunity to make big money. They have to pay taxes on it.

Since Reagan, CEO pay has rose 550 TIMES GREATER THAN THE AVERAGE WORKER.

You know the 50s were a very prosperous time for America, people had incomes, we actually had a middle class. Do you know why? The tax rate on the highest earners was 90%. Thats right. That forced the rich to make investments, pay their workers, so they didn't have to pay so much in taxes.

America prospered. Thats what we need again. You think the rich are going to stop making money off 300+ million people with as much money as we have? Please.

Stop defending these people who don't give a damn about you. EVER.

If you raise taxes on the rich, you wil hurt their feelings. They will take their money and go home.

*IDIOT* outta the loop trying to be funny.

*FAIL*

You just don't appreciate all they do for us...

And they ask so little in return

*IDIOT* outta the loop trying to be funny.

*FAIL*

You just don't appreciate all they do for us...

And they ask so little in return

*WHY* on EARTH would I appreciate something *I* and the rest of the citizenery should BE doing for themselves?

THEIR ONLY TASK is to protect that LIBERTY.

*This is where YOU have your FATAL DISCONNECT...*

INCOME TAX was NEVER a GOOD idea...

Yup. A consumption tax with a rebate for basic needs is much better. I still find it hard to believe that progressive voters don't get the fact that the best way to tax the rich is by taxing consumption.

But then tax policy isn't about funding the government. To them, it's a tool for controlling society.

Kyzr's post is spot on.

I'm all for cutting taxes to create jobs. But I'm against cutting taxes them hope like he'll they create jobs. That's just dumb.

That's like handing over the money before your car is repaired.

No kidding.

I love the fact that we must FEAR RAISING EVEN 1 PERCENT on the rich or they are just going to move to India. Totally neglecting the fact that 800+ million people in India live on $2.00 or less a day.

The United States is a very prosperous country and gives the rich in this country an opportunity to make big money. They have to pay taxes on it.

Since Reagan, CEO pay has rose 550 TIMES GREATER THAN THE AVERAGE WORKER.

You know the 50s were a very prosperous time for America, people had incomes, we actually had a middle class. Do you know why? The tax rate on the highest earners was 90%. Thats right. That forced the rich to make investments, pay their workers, so they didn't have to pay so much in taxes.

America prospered. Thats what we need again. You think the rich are going to stop making money off 300+ million people with as much money as we have? Please.

Stop defending these people who don't give a damn about you. EVER.

We need a return to the 50s era income for workers?

2i7309k.png

Really?

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
520.gif

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

I think the issue of raising taxes on the rich is a poor idea that is an additional way to divide the country. On the revenue side, I think it would be better to examine all the tax deductions, loopholes, breaks, and subsidies first and get rid of the ones that are not cost effective. Which I'm sure is most of 'em. We can get more revenue just from that, before we begin to talk about raising the tax rates.
*Not Intended To Be A Factual Statement

Paul Ryan: Creating MORE Government....
INSTEAD OF......

Yup. A consumption tax with a rebate for basic needs is much better. I still find it hard to believe that progressive voters don't get the fact that the best way to tax the rich is by taxing consumption.

But then tax policy isn't about funding the government. To them, it's a tool for controlling society.

Agreed, the fair tax is the best proposal to date. In the end all taxes are built into the price of the product, the fair tax treats everyone the same, removes all the overhead that goes into every other tax and would turn us into a huge economic engine.

The left will never go for it because their goal is not prosperity it's control. If the right could stop scaring the middle they want to control their bodies we could crush the left. But that's not going to happen either because it's about control. Both sides talk about freedom and neither delivers it. Freedom doesn't mean just not controlling the things you don't want controlled, it means actually allowing people the power to choose whether you agree with them or not.

Agreed, the fair tax is the best proposal to date. In the end all taxes are built into the price of the product, the fair tax treats everyone the same, removes all the overhead that goes into every other tax and would turn us into a huge economic engine.

The left will never go for it because their goal is not prosperity it's control. If the right could stop scaring the middle they want to control their bodies we could crush the left. But that's not going to happen either because it's about control. Both sides talk about freedom and neither delivers it. Freedom doesn't mean just not controlling the things you don't want controlled, it means actually allowing people the power to choose whether you agree with them or not.

How do you prevent the fair tax from being another redistribution of wealth?
Do you favor shifting the tax burden to the middle class?

Well that's the game isn't it?

To pretend that some guy who worked his ass off to become affluent (rad making $250 K a year) is just like this nation's BILLIONAIRE families.

So by doing that what do they end up doing?

Giving the billionaire class still more allies.

You think this is by accident?!

Di you really think that Obama doesn't know the difference between people who WORK for their money and the class of people whose MONEY makes them money?

If course he does!

If this does not seem CONTRIVED to you, then I fail to see why you can't see it.

Forum List

Back