Raising Fat Slobs

I just can't figure it. First they whine about obesity, then do what they can to foster it.

Florida says schools can hold recess inside classrooms

Ever lived in Florida? Recess outside in FL during the warmer months is often deadly. In the Spring and Fall, most elementary schools had recess early in the morning before it got too warm.

Ever sat in a classroom all day with a bunch of sweaty and stinky kids after recess? Not fun!
School is out in June

and in June the temps in FL average in the mid 70's to upper 80's

Hardly in the danger zone

Ever lived in Florida? Recess outside in FL during the warmer months is often deadly. In the Spring and Fall, most elementary schools had recess early in the morning before it got too warm.

Ever sat in a classroom all day with a bunch of sweaty and stinky kids after recess? Not fun!
School is out in June

School in Florida to end in May start in August (at least in my district).

You know, being a complete dick really becomes you!

Tampa FL has an average high of 88.9 degrees in June.

For those of you who are mentally challenged, that is 1/10th of a degree less than 90 degrees. That's hardly "an average mid 70s to upper 80s."

http://www.rssweather.com/climate/Florida/Tampa/

I lived in Florida for 13 years and just walked back in the door from a 5 day trip down there.

Don't be stupid! If you make yourself out to be an ass, I am going to make sure everyone knows it.
so 88 is not upper 80's
and FYI the state of FL is more than just Tampa
I guess you really have some reading comprehension problems

Man we used to have double session football practice in 90 degree weather so I don't think a 30 minute recess for some kids is going to kill them

Weather and temperature averages for Florida, USA

1) School tends to end in May in Florida and start in August (at least in my district and the districts in my area). So not only is the temperature in June irrelevant in the conversation, but August is actual hotter than June on top of that.

2) Most Floridians live in Central (Tampa/Orlando) and South Florida. Tampa is actually a pretty good place to look at to get a good idea of the state as a whole.

Honestly it takes a quick Google search to look this up. The truth is you're ignorant about the state (which is ok because I'm probably ignorant about yours), but the more you speak on the subject-the worse it's making you look.

I used the average temps as provided by the weather channel

and if you really live in FL then the heat shouldn't bother you as much tell me do you stay inside 24/7 in August?

I don't stay inside all August, but if I'm going to be outside doing anything physical or fer an extended period of time I make sure I'm properly hydrated and clothed.

I'm the golf coach at my school so I'm out in the August heat 4-5 days a week, and my players know that if they aren't properly protecting themselves from the heat by dressing appropriately and if they don't bring a water bottle-that they wont be allowed to practice.

If you think that 93 degrees in Central Florida is equal to 93 degrees in the Southwest-then I know you've never lived in Florida. I've lived in both areas (Arizona and Central Florida), and 95 degrees in Central FL is MUCH worse than 100 degrees in Arizona.

I just can't figure it. First they whine about obesity, then do what they can to foster it.

School is out in June

School is out in June

For those of you who are mentally challenged, that is 1/10th of a degree less than 90 degrees. That's hardly "an average mid 70s to upper 80s."

I lived in Florida for 13 years and just walked back in the door from a 5 day trip down there.

Don't be stupid! If you make yourself out to be an ass, I am going to make sure everyone knows it.
so 88 is not upper 80's

Man we used to have double session football practice in 90 degree weather so I don't think a 30 minute recess for some kids is going to kill them

1) School tends to end in May in Florida and start in August (at least in my district and the districts in my area). So not only is the temperature in June irrelevant in the conversation, but August is actual hotter than June on top of that.

2) Most Floridians live in Central (Tampa/Orlando) and South Florida. Tampa is actually a pretty good place to look at to get a good idea of the state as a whole.

Honestly it takes a quick Google search to look this up. The truth is you're ignorant about the state (which is ok because I'm probably ignorant about yours), but the more you speak on the subject-the worse it's making you look.

and if you really live in FL then the heat shouldn't bother you as much tell me do you stay inside 24/7 in August?

I don't stay inside all August, but if I'm going to be outside doing anything physical or fer an extended period of time I make sure I'm properly hydrated and clothed.

I'm the golf coach at my school so I'm out in the August heat 4-5 days a week, and my players know that if they aren't properly protecting themselves from the heat by dressing appropriately and if they don't bring a water bottle-that they wont be allowed to practice.

If you think that 93 degrees in Central Florida is equal to 93 degrees in the Southwest-then I know you've never lived in Florida. I've lived in both areas (Arizona and Central Florida), and 95 degrees in Central FL is MUCH worse than 100 degrees in Arizona.

and how long are kids outside at recess? 30-40 minutes maybe?

The little kiddies will be just fine if they go out for recess

School is out in June

so 88 is not upper 80's

Thank God you are not in charge.

School is out in June

so 88 is not upper 80's

Thank God you are not in charge.

If I was we wouldn't have fat lazy kids

so 88 is not upper 80's

Chose that because it is pretty typical of Florida. Do you want me to show Miami which further proves you to be dead wrong?

After your football practice, did you go back inside and sit in a classroom and try to learn for the rest of the day?

Why can't you just admit you were wrong and let it go?
are you seriously comparing a 2 hour long football practice with a 30 minute outdoor recess?

Kids can go outside safely when the temps are in the 80's

Yes, because you apparently cannot read. Read my last post quoted above.

If you remember, I said that they had to go out for recess early. Then you have to try to get them back on task to learning after they are hot, sweaty, and thirsty. Those are not ideal conditions for learning. Maybe that is why you never learned to read.
Funny I never had any problems in class after an outdoor recess

I guess you think it's better for kids to be either sluggish or all fidgety from sitting on their asses all day

And really how many kids come back from a 30 minute recess all sweaty and stinky? Most kids will just walk around or hang out with their buddies. A few might toss a football around but no one is really out there working up a sweat.

Didn't you have outdoor recess when you were a kid? Everyone I know did.

Many of my kindergarteners come back incredibly sweaty. And that's from the constant running in moderate temperatures.

I think if recess has to be inside, it should be in a gymnasium. Young kids especially need time to run, to stretch, to be physical.

You've gotta be kidding me. Kids these days are a bunch of fucking pussies. Take a bottle of water outside with you, it's a half hour for Christ sakes, and it's in the low 90's on average.

"The warmer months" the kids start school in August and by October the temperatures are reasonable.

Fat slobs?

They've got a really great role model in Trump. Its really not an accident that he couldn't keep up with the heads of state when they walked 700 yards. He's so fat and lazy, he rode in a golf cart behind. He's a complete embarrassment.
trump-lazy-world-leaders-golf-cart-Ds0.png

hqdefault.jpg

58ac85be2900002100be9faf.jpeg

donald-trump-mcdonalds.0.0.png=s1200x1200

images

tumblr_nxgu00QHEI1rtj8yfo1_500.jpg

landscape-1470669200-trump-food.jpg

images

donald-trump-eats-dominos.jpg

images

2543640e164a46afe11fee7d7043bb7b.jpg

People like you are the stupidest people on this site.

The guy is 70 years old. Most 70 year olds are fat and don't work... This guy works as the President of the United States and gets up at 5 am every day after sleeping for five hours.

I wanna see what you're doing when you're 70 years old.

School is out in June

so 88 is not upper 80's

What about the teachers? Many of them may be in very poor health.

Forum List

Back