Raising Babies To Be ... Babies

Jobs don’t pay what they once did.

Thank you St Reagan for killing the unions and the middle class.

Yes, because wages suck but cost increases are considerably more compared to wages..

When costs go up eg. food prices, fuel prices, utility situations then the law should be that those on the LOWER wages then ALL the LOWER wages are increased to cover the costs of the new increases. All of that crowd cannot cover the increases in costs and have to reduce what they pay for quality foods to be replaced by crap foods that are unhealthy and also many are getting into debt. I know that American Conservatives are going to STRONGLY disagree with my comments, perhaps it's just a European thing and at one time the lowest wages did used to rise at the same rate as Inflation, Wages and Inflation were connected together.

No you can thank Big Corporations for that they want their workers to work LONGER but for LESS wages and IF the workers do not like that they will give their jobs to China or India to peoples who are okay with LOW wages, the jobs not paying what they used to is a World Wide thing not just an American thing so it cannot be blamed on Reagan, you CAN blame it on Globalisation which is ANOTHER reason why my crowd are Anti-Globalisation.

We’re finally seeing the results of a coddling attitude democrats have been pushing for years.

Yes, because wages suck but cost increases are considerably more compared to wages..

When costs go up eg. food prices, fuel prices, utility situations then the law should be that those on the LOWER wages then ALL the LOWER wages are increased to cover the costs of the new increases. All of that crowd cannot cover the increases in costs and have to reduce what they pay for quality foods to be replaced by crap foods that are unhealthy and also many are getting into debt. I know that American Conservatives are going to STRONGLY disagree with my comments, perhaps it's just a European thing and at one time the lowest wages did used to rise at the same rate as Inflation, Wages and Inflation were connected together.

That's not necessarily true, Lucy, most middle income jobs are definitely not paying what they once did, all one needs to do is go back and look at what a position payed 25 years ago and then use the inflation calculator to find that income has NOT kept up with inflation! So the dollar you are being paid is worth less.

The other and more insidious factor is the ACA's "Shared Responsibility." Years ago, employers paid 100% of your medical. At least every job I ever had did. That Shared Responsibility, your portion of your healthcare, PLUS the deductible plans now carry (deductibles used to be practically nothing), takes a HUGE bite out of your income! That is like taking a big pay cut (you used to make more + got full health coverage).

As former CEO of two companies, I know the dollar value is part of the calculation in expenses and profits, therefore, as the dollar loses value, employers SHOULD be able to increase wages just to keep you even. On top of that, the ACA and the Shared Responsibility clause has been a HUGE savings in corporate business overhead.

By your reasoning, if increasing wages forces the increase of domestic product consumer costs, then the concomitant DECREASE in employee costs by keeping wages flat in a devalued dollar + the transfer of a large share of heath costs to the employee SHOULD have effected a significant INCREASE in wages.

It has not.

Nor has consumer product costs dropped according to your metric. Indeed, they have never stopped going up.

The average middle income worker is getting BONED.

No you can thank Big Corporations for that they want their workers to work LONGER but for LESS wages and IF the workers do not like that they will give their jobs to China or India to peoples who are okay with LOW wages, the jobs not paying what they used to is a World Wide thing not just an American thing so it cannot be blamed on Reagan, you CAN blame it on Globalisation which is ANOTHER reason why my crowd are Anti-Globalisation.

Once the threat of an organized workforce was eliminated, companies could fuck the workers anyway they wanted.

What is happening is the kids know only of instant gratification, haven’t been taught how to save, or live on less.

When I was growing up, kids getting out of college accepted what ever work they could find, until they could get one in the field they majored in. They also shared rent with others, so they could make it and be on their own. They waited to get the luxuries. Today, luxuries are now considered necessities in their minds.

Parents also remember it being hard, and give in to kids, forgetting that those hard times prepared themselves to be wise with their futures.

I started work in the 70’s and never had a job that paid all of my insurance premium. All the plans carried at least a $1000 deductible, and plans were 80/20% after the deductible was met.

That's not necessarily true, Lucy, most middle income jobs are definitely not paying what they once did, all one needs to do is go back and look at what a position payed 25 years ago and then use the inflation calculator to find that income has NOT kept up with inflation! So the dollar you are being paid is worth less.

The other and more insidious factor is the ACA's "Shared Responsibility." Years ago, employers paid 100% of your medical. At least every job I ever had did. That Shared Responsibility, your portion of your healthcare, PLUS the deductible plans now carry (deductibles used to be practically nothing), takes a HUGE bite out of your income! That is like taking a big pay cut (you used to make more + got full health coverage).

As former CEO of two companies, I know the dollar value is part of the calculation in expenses and profits, therefore, as the dollar loses value, employers SHOULD be able to increase wages just to keep you even. On top of that, the ACA and the Shared Responsibility clause has been a HUGE savings in corporate business overhead.

By your reasoning, if increasing wages forces the increase of domestic product consumer costs, then the concomitant DECREASE in employee costs by keeping wages flat in a devalued dollar + the transfer of a large share of heath costs to the employee SHOULD have effected a significant INCREASE in wages.

It has not.

Nor has consumer product costs dropped according to your metric. Indeed, they have never stopped going up.

The average middle income worker is getting BONED.

This young generation of workers is the most productive this nation may ever see. Wages are stagnant at best, the cost of everything else is rising. We wonder why they HAVE to get some help? 15 bucks an hour isn't anything....nothing notta. Then some think it's bad they don't have kids. How are they supposed to afford kids?

Killing the American spirit. No wonder the kiddies are rejecting personal freedom.

Adult children are costing many parents their retirement savings
Not my kids. Each one of them has a brokerage account with stocks giving them quite the gains in dividends and profits. When they go 20 years of investing(unless ugly Bernie gets in) they will be millionaires, and by the time they retire , multimillionaires. Their kids will do the same thing. It will be a dynasty...

This young generation of workers is the most productive this nation may ever see. Wages are stagnant at best, the cost of everything else is rising. We wonder why they HAVE to get some help? 15 bucks an hour isn't anything....nothing notta. Then some think it's bad they don't have kids. How are they supposed to afford kids?
Funny that back in 1976 minimum wage was $2.10 an hour and middle class were earning $20,000 a year and living comfortably, even with 1 family member being able to stay at home and rear children. But with liberals constantly inflating the dollar, and boy did Obummer inflate the dollar by 200%(national debt went from 9.5 trillion to 18 trillion) the buying power of a dollar is 1/2 what it was when Obummer took office. Thanks Obama.

For the most part, two people have to work to barely scrape by. This really started in the early 80s. Hasn't stopped since. I don't blame this new generation. Odds are stacked against them

For the most part, two people have to work to barely scrape by. This really started in the early 80s. Hasn't stopped since. I don't blame this new generation. Odds are stacked against them
Only if you believe in liberal victimhood. When you think you cant make it, then the liberals have won. When you use your God given talents to the best of your abilities, then you can achieve greatness. My career started as I have said before, minimum wage at McD's at $2.10 an hour, went into the Air Force got skills to fix jets, took that skill to Saudi Arabia making $70,000 a year tax free, investing most of it in stocks, and in 5 1/2 years made a small fortune that is today a very large fortune. There is nothing in the US in the way to make you successful, not even race, but when you listen to a liberal, you just cant make it without them. How did Oprah make her billions? How did Morgan Freeman make his millions? How did Ben Carson become a brilliant brain surgeon that could separate conjoined twins?

Unions? The most corrupt, violent, racists entities ever. Besides Reagan didn't kill them, they priced themselves out of a job.

Forum List

Back