Raised Taxes on The Rich

In an interview with MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell, Rep. Tom Price (R-GA) said President Barack Obama's plan to raise taxes on the wealthy would only generate enough revenue to fund the federal government for eight days.

"The president’s plan to increase taxes on the upper two percent covers the spending by this federal government not for eight years, not for eight months, not for eight weeks but for eight days. Eight days only," said Mr. Price. "It’s not a real solution. So, again, I’m puzzled by an administration that seems to be more interested in raising tax rates than in gaining economic vitality."

The problem is that the rich don't have enough money to put so much as a dent in America's $16 trillion national debt. "If the IRS grabbed 100 percent of income over $1 million, the take would be just $616 billion," writes John Stossel. "That’s only a third of this year’s deficit. Our national debt would continue to explode."

Congressman: Obama's Tax Increases Fund Government for Eight Days

How long will it fund the governemnt? What else is he proprosing to do?

I do not know, nor do I recall anyone stating those figures. Is this 20 questions now?

You're making statements and supporting what has been done and oBUMa's policies.

So again how long long will these tax increases fund the governemnt without significant and darstic cuts in spending which as of now are non-existant?

I truly have no idea. Why didn't your GOP controlled House let us go over the cliff so that the automatic across the board spending cuts could take effect?

...and what is next on Obama's agenda? Not spending cuts, but raising the debt ceiling. Can you folks on the left at least admit he's trying to bankrupt the nation?

I do not know, nor do I recall anyone stating those figures. Is this 20 questions now?

Well it was an absolutely critical thing for the President to have, so I'd think you would have some idea why.

Obama clearly stated on the campaign trail, that it would take a combination of increased revenue as well as spending cuts to bring our deficit under control. What part don't you understand?

Well it was an absolutely critical thing for the President to have, so I'd think you would have some idea why.

Obama clearly stated on the campaign trail, that it would take a combination of increased revenue as well as spending cuts to bring our deficit under control. What part don't you understand?

We didn't get cuts..we got promises to talk about them...down the road again.

And whose fault is that? I thought the GOP was all about cuts?

Comprehension really isn't your thing, is it? Where did I say ANYTHING even close to that?

They knew what he was doing and voted for him anyway. Sounds to me that's what you're saying and don't realize it. If not, then you're saying they voted themselves a tax increase intentionally.

Those that voted for Obama, rich and not knew that he had a desire to raise taxes on anyone making more than $250,000.00/year. I never stated that the wealthy got him elected, as there simply aren't enough of them to get him elected.

There are also not enough them to make a difference in revenues either.

This was all kabuki theater... Nothing more.

And whose fault is that? I thought the GOP was all about cuts?

Priceless! :clap2:

Now the GOP can do whatever they want. Should have told them that before yesterday. Didn't know oBUMa would rubber stamp them.

$1.00 cut for $41.00 of revenue...

Last edited:

For every $1.00 cut.... There will $41.00 in new taxes.

:clap2:

I guess we now know why Boehner and the rest of the GOP refused to take him up on his original cut/revenue offer, eh?

Nope. And I don't recall anyone (even Obama) stating that simply raising taxes on the welathiest Americans would solve all of our deficit problems. Do you?

Try about two weeks... Educate yourself before climbing in the ring to defend Obama.

Just an idea.

Try about two weeks... Educate yourself before climbing in the ring to defend Obama.

Just an idea.

Why do you think I am defending Obama? The only things I have reminded Beretta about are those that everyone already knew. The folks that voted for Obama KNEW he wanted to raise taxes....

I guess we now know why Boehner and the rest of the GOP refused to take him up on his original cut/revenue offer, eh?

They should have said lets go cliff diving... After all "fiscal cliff" terminology was a fabrication of the left to begin with.
We went thru this a year ago...

Just an idea.

Why do you think I am defending Obama? The only things I have reminded Beretta about are those that everyone already knew. The folks that voted for Obama KNEW he wanted to raise taxes....

Too bad we don't have "a head shaking in disbelief icon." :cool:

They should have said lets go cliff diving... After all "fiscal cliff" terminology was a fabrication of the left to begin with.

I agree 100%. I was looking forward to sequestration.

Just an idea.

Actually MOST of Obama voters think the fiscal cliff is at one of our national parks.
They are uneducated idiots in my humble opinion.

We wouild have been better off. Cuts would have been automatic. Scenarios like this will be repeated over and over in the next 4 years.

Forum List

Back