What's best for the kids?

• Show them The Way!

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Let them discover their own way!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • What? Raise them atheist!

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
My parents took me to Sunday school every weekend. At about 8-9 years old I was scolded (and my parents were removed from the sermon for said scolding) for asking too many why questions. If an 8 year old can figure out religion is a thinly veiled attempt at brain washing by fear mongering; why are adults so easily brain washed? And both my parent were (are) Atheists too.

in my OP, i admitted to having been brainwashed from young, albeit a light-hearted admission.

are you saying brainwashing is a bad thing?

Raise them to fear the wrath of an Angry God. Raise them to know why all other religions are stupid and to be avoided at any cost. Spare the Rod and you will spoil the child. Raise them to totally respect authority, especially from their father and mother, and you will have done a darn good thing.

Any weakness in raising children invites the Devil into their lives and can result in their destruction. You will only have yourself to blame if that happens.

Look around you at the soaring crime rates, the abuse of drugs, and giving and taking in marriage and all the other sins that God says he will kill people for if they do not change their ways, and you will know how important it is to raise the Children the correct way.

*shudder*

welcome back neubarth.

I have raised 33 children. All of my children have been top honor students. Set the standards high and you will get good results. All of my children are responsible hard working adults and excellent parents. When the Bible says spare the rod and spoil the child, that is exactly what the Bible means. The Bible also warns parents to "Raise up a child in the way that he is to go and when he is old he will not depart from it." There is a reason for that. God said that is the way to do it and nothing else will work with any consistency.

I have had perfect success with my children. I attribute that to being obedient to a God of Wrath and Anger, not a namby pamby God of Universal Love as is falsely taught in the Churches across America now-a-days. That is the false religion that God rails against. Turn away from false teachings and honor the God of the Bible.

Raise them to fear the wrath of an Angry God. Raise them to know why all other religions are stupid and to be avoided at any cost. Spare the Rod and you will spoil the child. Raise them to totally respect authority, especially from their father and mother, and you will have done a darn good thing.

Any weakness in raising children invites the Devil into their lives and can result in their destruction. You will only have yourself to blame if that happens.

Look around you at the soaring crime rates, the abuse of drugs, and giving and taking in marriage and all the other sins that God says he will kill people for if they do not change their ways, and you will know how important it is to raise the Children the correct way.

*shudder*

welcome back neubarth.

I have raised 33 children. All of my children have been top honor students. Set the standards high and you will get good results. All of my children are responsible hard working adults and excellent parents. When the Bible says spare the rod and spoil the child, that is exactly what the Bible means. The Bible also warns parents to "Raise up a child in the way that he is to go and when he is old he will not depart from it." There is a reason for that. God said that is the way to do it and nothing else will work with any consistency.

I have had perfect success with my children. I attribute that to being obedient to a God of Wrath and Anger, not a namby pamby God of Universal Love as is falsely taught in the Churches across America now-a-days. That is the false religion that God rails against. Turn away from false teachings and honor the God of the Bible.

i like the edge behind this post. :thup:

stepping beyond religion, i have found that society is barreling in the direction of namby-pamby onmany fronts. in education, the role of discipline has given way to drugs and 'support', resulting in a disparity between those who are old-fashioned on the matter of discipline and those who aren't. unfortunately, schools would 'support' the parents in this respect, by upholding the disciplinarian, ambitious principles which parents impart during the hour they have people's kids. now it is the converse: an undoing, a dismantling of responsibility and discipline in the youth at the hands of education, foremost.

my faith-based education is a major reason why i think we should follow suit with my side of the family's tradition.

The best example of for raising your kids is how you act yourself. Though I was raised in a Christian church and home environment the best influence I ever had was the very actions of my parents...

Are you just going through the motions or truly living it? Kids aren't stupid and I could see through some people at a very young age (as I'm sure many other kids can today)...

I remember as a middle teen when a member of our congregation stood up in a meeting and stated to the effect, "Of course our church believes in the principles of the John Birch Society." My mother, a widow with five children and little means, rose and spoke quietly but firmly, "You, sir, don't speak for our church, and any who believe in those principles does not understand Jesus Christ, in my opinion."

His face turned choleric and nearly spoke but instead then sat down. My three uncles met him outside after church and told him, quietly but firmly, if he had disrespected my mother he would have been beaten down at that instant.

My mother's example that day in church has remained with me all my life.

Leave them alone. If they are destined to be public property they will be plenty fucked up without your guidance.
Relax and watch Murkin Idolatry.
How about: No. Letting them alone will only screw them up even further. Schools and the cultural elite have no qualms with shoving down the throats of children any old thing, and wonders why they are depressed and lonely. It's obvious that neither the schools, nor the culteral elite have answers that everyone asks: Who am I? Why am I here? and Where am I going?

If I ever have children, I'm not going to leave it up to a morally bancrupt world to teach my future children morals and standards.

My parents took me to Sunday school every weekend. At about 8-9 years old I was scolded (and my parents were removed from the sermon for said scolding) for asking too many why questions. If an 8 year old can figure out religion is a thinly veiled attempt at brain washing by fear mongering; why are adults so easily brain washed? And both my parent were (are) Atheists too.

in my OP, i admitted to having been brainwashed from young, albeit a light-hearted admission.

are you saying brainwashing is a bad thing?
What's wrong with a clean brain?
Just kidding I know what brainwashing is. I think?

i just use 'brainwashing' to save me a step when folks say 'derrr, but, that's brainwashing' - for those who contend that indoctrinating children into a system is negative, maybe they might answer to why, rather than reiterating the obvious in a pejorative.

Forum List

Back