Raise a Glass to the Slandered Entrepreneur

That has to be one of the stupidest posts ever on this board:eusa_clap:

Because...? Come on, tell us why it's stupid. Tell us why the information on that graphic is wrong.

Or... you can just say it's stupid.

Because you could take away most of that "government supplied" stuff and it would still be there thanks to someone else.

Next.

You're fucking joking right? And so you're fine with being charged by all of these new "industries" that will crop up to use all of their services... as you trek your way throughout the city and in life? Dealing with hundreds, thousands of different entities covering all sorts of different things that the government once handled. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find Walmart highways, but then you'll get screwed over having to deal with each and every mom and pop street and avenue.

And that's just the fucking roads.

Yeah, I'll stick with taxes, thank you very fucking much. What a wacky and fucked up world you've got in that mind of yours.

Because...? Come on, tell us why it's stupid. Tell us why the information on that graphic is wrong.

Or... you can just say it's stupid.

Because you could take away most of that "government supplied" stuff and it would still be there thanks to someone else.

Next.

You're fucking joking right? And so you're fine with being charged by all of these new "industries" that will crop up to use all of their services... as you trek your way throughout the city and in life? Dealing with hundreds, thousands of different entities covering all sorts of different things that the government once handled. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find Walmart highways, but then you'll get screwed over having to deal with each and every mom and pop street and avenue.

Yeah, I'll stick with taxes, thank you very fucking much. What a wacky and fucked up world you've got in that mind of yours.

You bet. I have complete faith in the market.

Not only do I know I'll get better...I will also get cheaper.

But this thread was about how Obama just pissed off the small guy.....

Next.

The scenario I described, would be an absolute fucking nightmare. Plus, many of the "industries" wouldn't even crop up, because there wouldn't be enough money in it for the sheer expense of undertaking the endeavors. People wouldn't be willing to pay what they'd charge... and what you'd end up paying would be far more than what you pay in taxes.

Taxes for things like that are entirely a good thing.

Taxes PAID for all that infrastructure, and the taxpayers were mostly business owners and their employees.

Yet somehow you think it was the benevolence of government that made that happen.

IDIOTS!!

Taxes PAID for all that infrastructure, and the taxpayers were mostly business owners and their employees.

Yet somehow you think it was the benevolence of government that made that happen.

IDIOTS!!

Quit snorting lines of retard.

Of course taxpayer money fucking paid for those things. Nobody is saying otherwise. And it's American Citizens that, through their jobs, created the infrastructure. But most of those departments operate off a budget, and profit isn't the name of the game. The public service is the name of the game. Constructing and maintaining infrastructure.

That would NOT be the case if it were left for industry. The percentage you would have to pay per unit of work done would be considerably higher... to pay for employees, but also to pay for their overall profit. They wouldn't be in it just to get the job done and prevent crumbling infrastructure, they'd be in it to rake in cash.

That's not what we want for our infrastructure.

Last edited:

IDIOTS!!

Of course taxpayer money fucking paid for those things. Nobody is saying otherwise. And it's American Citizens that, through their jobs, created the infrastructure. But most of those departments operate off a budget, and profit isn't the name of the game. The public service is the name of the game. Constructing and maintaining infrastructure.

That would NOT be the case if it were left for industry. The percentage you would have to pay per unit of work done would be considerably higher... to pay for employees, but also to pay for their overall profit. They wouldn't be in it just to get the job done and prevent crumbling infrastructure, they'd be in it to rake in cash.

And who gave these taxpayers jobs? Hmmmmm... could it be businesses??? :eusa_whistle:

You guys don't have a leg to stand on. Obama screwed himself with that comment and there's just no way to spin it. Sorry about your luck. Well... not REALLY sorry, more like sorry it sucks to be an Obot.

gaster-racist-fuck.jpg

Not that it is hard, but way to hammer the fuck out of his argument in the first post.
You may have had a point, but the little graphic is a lie. The businesses paid for all those services. Government didn't do jack.

IDIOTS!!

And who gave these taxpayers jobs? Hmmmmm... could it be businesses??? :eusa_whistle:

You guys don't have a leg to stand on. Obama screwed himself with that comment and there's just no way to spin it. Sorry about your luck. Well... not REALLY sorry, more like sorry it sucks to be an Obot.

Way over your fucking head.

I'm talking about fucking public infrastructure and how things would be if private businesses were the ones that ran everything. The fact that those businesses employ people who pay taxes MATTERS FUCKING NOT.

Not that it is hard, but way to hammer the fuck out of his argument in the first post.
You may have had a point, but the little graphic is a lie. The businesses paid for all those services. Government didn't do jack.

Wow... are you fucking kidding me? The graphic mentions taxpayer funded programs. Are those NOT taxpayer funded?

You're playing a stupid fucking game by basing everything off of where the taxpayers got their money to pay the taxes.

So... did businesses provide for your family, or did you provide for your family? From what you're saying, businesses provided for your family. You're only a conduit.

There's this resturant in Lebenon Ohio named The Golden Lamb. The resturant opened their doors in 1803, the same year that Ohio became a state.

I would bet that the guy who opened that resturant didn't build it or run it or put everything he had into it. I would bet someone else did all that.

By the way, that resturant is still open today. Charles Dickens, Mark Twain and 10 Presidents have eaten there.

Yup and I bet the government didn't earn the money the present owner paid for it, nor build the road it was on when opened.

By the way, what is a resturant?

Way over your fucking head.

I'm talking about fucking public infrastructure and how things would be if private businesses were the ones that ran everything. The fact that those businesses employ people who pay taxes MATTERS FUCKING NOT.

Businesses pay their fair share, and more of taxes, genius. They provide JOBS to people who then pay taxes from their wages, even as their employers pay MORE taxes on those wages. What's more, many pay the cost of infrastructure directly. They don't owe you or Barack Obama one more thin dime, particularly when his administration can't even be bothered to make a goddamned budget. Entrepreneurs pay their way each and every quarter.

This country didn't arrive with "infrastructure" built in. Settlers made their own roads, shipped their own goods, and expanded their efforts from one coast to another. You know, the MEANING of "American Exceptionalism" is that we're the "exception" to the previous rule of monarchy. WE THE PEOPLE are the sovereign. We rule ourselves. What that means is that we don't need some fucking central planner to micromanage our lives. That used to be a good thing in this country. Seriously. Some of you people need to do a gut check and decide if you're children who need a nanny or grown-ups who are in charge of their own lives.

Oh, cowman. Save your Freudian speech for your own bedroom.

There is considerable consternation on the part of businesses being targeted and hit by government tampering.

It's a merciless drip-drip-drip of too many government demands that are driven not by need, but by thinktanks that are more disengaged from businesses than Obama is from his broken promises.

The government can encourage businesses to produce more jobs, but not with forcing businesses to constantly consult with multiply-disciplined attorneys and CPAs rather than regular bookkeepers to focus on knowing and keeping an explosion of rules.

Then dear leader comes along patronizing businesses by pointing his finger and saying that they hadn't built their own businesses, Oh, for pete's sakes. Believe me, businesses are already taxed to death and have to give criminal embezzlers more respect than customers, sometimes due to demanding laws of careful conduct required of businesses, but not required of anybody else.

Step back. Let Obama take the returned black eye he deserves. He spoke both badly and ignorantly.

Oh, cowman. Save your Freudian speech for your own bedroom.

There is considerable consternation on the part of businesses being targeted and hit by government tampering.

It's a merciless drip-drip-drip of too many government demands that are driven not by need, but by thinktanks that are more disengaged from businesses than Obama is from his broken promises.

The government can encourage businesses to produce more jobs, but not with forcing businesses to constantly consult with multiply-disciplined attorneys and CPAs rather than regular bookkeepers to focus on knowing and keeping an explosion of rules.

Then dear leader comes along patronizing businesses by pointing his finger and saying that they hadn't built their own businesses, Oh, for pete's sakes. Believe me, businesses are already taxed to death and have to give criminal embezzlers more respect than customers, sometimes due to demanding laws of careful conduct required of businesses, but not required of anybody else.

Step back. Let Obama take the returned black eye he deserves. He spoke both badly and ignorantly.

Damn straight. :clap2:

("You must spread some reputation around before giving it to freedombecki again")

The scenario I described, would be an absolute fucking nightmare. Plus, many of the "industries" wouldn't even crop up, because there wouldn't be enough money in it for the sheer expense of undertaking the endeavors. People wouldn't be willing to pay what they'd charge... and what you'd end up paying would be far more than what you pay in taxes.

Taxes for things like that are entirely a good thing.

Bullcrap.

All costs get spread out in one way or another.

I've seen small towns set up their own power grids and make energy using microturbines.

The market finds a way.

You simply have to have these articles of faith so your Moron-With-Teleprompter does not look like the idiotic collectivist he is.

From the article:

I’ve recently returned from a brief vacation in Bermuda, where my family was generously put up in the commodious lower floor of my brother’s house in Tucker’s Town. It was Cup Match weekend, an annual holiday that revolves around a cricket match—Somerset took the honors this year—and so it was busy on the island, yet many of the stores in Hamilton were closed. No matter: aside from a ritual visit to Onion Jack’s, a souvenir outpost where my younger son buys a t-shirt and bottle of hot sauce every summer, we were there to visit with my brother and sister-in-law, dodge fairly enormous (to me, at least) waves at the beach, get roasted by the sun, avoid Red Sox scores, play bocce and/or croquet, dine at a few top-notch restaurants and watch movies at night, while the tree frogs created a lovely racket outside.

It was a relaxing several days—highlighted by a visit to the Bermuda National Galley, where my sister-in-law Teresa has three photos displayed for the museum’s Biennial, one of which, “Possessed” is above—yet there was no respite from the nagging insult President Obama had stupidly included in a Roanoke speech in mid-July. You’ve heard it, the Romney campaign (finally flashing at least a glimmer of heat) is exploiting it, and Obama has walked it back, but, as the Wall Street Journal’s Peggy Noonan correctly said, it was the President’s worst gaffe of the campaign, at least so far.

And he's going to feel it as things start to get more interesting here in a month or so.

Wow... are you fucking kidding me? The graphic mentions taxpayer funded programs. Are those NOT taxpayer funded?

You're playing a stupid fucking game by basing everything off of where the taxpayers got their money to pay the taxes.

So... did businesses provide for your family, or did you provide for your family? From what you're saying, businesses provided for your family. You're only a conduit.
Wow, are you fucking stupid?

Without business and the employees they employ, NONE OF THAT WOULD EXIST!!

Fucking moron.

Forum List

Back