Rainy Day Poetry: Lessons from Atlantis (9/11)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Does post-9/11 cynicism remind you of the Los Angeles Race Riots of 1992?

Anyone a fan of Deadpool (Marvel Comics)?

:th_BlackHelicopter:

====

"All heed the call of the apocalyptic messenger. Wall Street, NATO, and OPEC are vessels of great tribulation, so sayeth this great messenger. Where lie the real labor and dignity of labor? Uncle Sam has a great wart on his nose because of 9/11, and no one knows. No one knows."

mara6.jpg

"A man is on his cell-phone. He tells his wife he can see the second plane approaching the second skyscraper on September 11, and the first building is already in flames. Is this Armageddon? Why didn't our founding fathers prepare us for this? Why does this seem so much more 'wretched' than Pearl Harbor? No one cares about Starbucks. No one."

wade3.jpg

"An eerie costumed vigilante named Deadpool hits the streets following 9/11 and visits Moscow, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Toronto, and New York. Deadpool is certain that post-9/11 cynicism will spawn a new 'breed' of urban anarchists and hellraisers, determined to 'exploit' this suddenly new Wall Street sarcasm. Sure enough, Deadpool discovers a strange band of evil-doers attacking policemen with hatchets. Deadpool understands full well that this is the dawn of something truly sinister --- the beginning of the end of human innocence. Where was that awesome idealism towards Toys 'R Us? How has it been replaced with Dunkin' Donuts jokes? Deadpool appreciates Christ's message of praying in the temple and refraining from selling doves in the temple. This is Deadpool's crusade. Deadpool must 'yank' us out some proverbial hell-hole of infinite cancer."

wade1.jpg

"A blushing bride in NYC sits on the road while it rains, depressed/demoralized after her groom has run away with a younger woman right during their wedding ceremony. This bride is now Shakespeare's Ophelia, condemned to brood about why she wasn't 'sexy' enough to 'keep her man.' This bride has lost her wedding-day bliss, and the last thing she wants now is McDonald's chicken nuggets. Deadpool might approach this forlorn woman only if to whisper carefully in her sensitized ear, 'Remember Disney's Cinderella'! The woman looks up at Deadpool perhaps and replies, 'All I want right now is a Barbie doll to tear apart'!"

wade2.jpg

"Atlantis, that great fabled disappeared kingdom of incredible imagination...and ambition...was a paragon of human ingenuity, so say the scribes and poets. We remember Atlantis and consider why it was theorized to have been completely submerged under-water. Atlantis was a haven for the playful and a den for jovial scientists, so say the scribes and poets. Deadpool begins to circulate artistic images/renderings of Atlantis, so American consumers just might get the 'gumption' to compare such a 'fabled place' to the jaded-daydreams of modern-day Wall Street. Where is the giddiness towards capitalism itself? Deadpool remains extremely curious..."

wade4.jpg

"As Deadpool presents a small boy with a gold-and-blue Christian cross, the boy wonders why such a strange costumed 'vigilante' wants to 'spread' the message of the Christ with playful/spiritual trinkets of faith. Deadpool gives the boy this token of religion so the boy will think more about the 'accessibility' of religion and therefore, perhaps, less about the 'tangibility' of chaos (e.g., 9/11). Deadpool wants this boy to grow up to become a patriot...and not a terrorist."

cartoon11.jpg

DEADPOOL: I saw a sad bride sitting in the rain...
BOY: Why are you telling me and why's this Christian cross for me?
DEADPOOL: I want you to someday be JFK.
BOY: I want to be a musician.
DEADPOOL: I'd rather you be JFK than Osama bin Laden.
BOY: I'm not afraid of 9/11.
DEADPOOL: You should be!
BOY: Why?
DEADPOOL: New York is not Atlantis, little boy!
BOY: Of course it is! Atlantis is everywhere...
DEADPOOL: No it isn't; Atlantis is under-water.
BOY: Maybe New York will someday be under-water.
DEADPOOL: No it won't; it won't if you become JFK.
BOY: What's so cool about JFK?
DEADPOOL: We have to celebrate our leaders...so they return the favor.
BOY: Why did President Bill Clinton have an adultery-affair?
DEADPOOL: Clinton wasn't JFK, but he was once a very idealistic leader.
BOY: He's sometimes on TV now...
DEADPOOL: His wife, Hillary Clinton, is a cool and defiant politician!
BOY: Will Jesus Christ return to help humans?
DEADPOOL: America needs more 'pillows' than Atlantis...

====

:1peleas:

Does post-9/11 cynicism remind you of the Los Angeles Race Riots of 1992?

Anyone a fan of Deadpool (Marvel Comics)?

:th_BlackHelicopter:

====

"All heed the call of the apocalyptic messenger. Wall Street, NATO, and OPEC are vessels of great tribulation, so sayeth this great messenger. Where lie the real labor and dignity of labor? Uncle Sam has a great wart on his nose because of 9/11, and no one knows. No one knows."

View attachment 214906

"A man is on his cell-phone. He tells his wife he can see the second plane approaching the second skyscraper on September 11, and the first building is already in flames. Is this Armageddon? Why didn't our founding fathers prepare us for this? Why does this seem so much more 'wretched' than Pearl Harbor? No one cares about Starbucks. No one."

View attachment 214907

"An eerie costumed vigilante named Deadpool hits the streets following 9/11 and visits Moscow, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Toronto, and New York. Deadpool is certain that post-9/11 cynicism will spawn a new 'breed' of urban anarchists and hellraisers, determined to 'exploit' this suddenly new Wall Street sarcasm. Sure enough, Deadpool discovers a strange band of evil-doers attacking policemen with hatchets. Deadpool understands full well that this is the dawn of something truly sinister --- the beginning of the end of human innocence. Where was that awesome idealism towards Toys 'R Us? How has it been replaced with Dunkin' Donuts jokes? Deadpool appreciates Christ's message of praying in the temple and refraining from selling doves in the temple. This is Deadpool's crusade. Deadpool must 'yank' us out some proverbial hell-hole of infinite cancer."

View attachment 214908

"A blushing bride in NYC sits on the road while it rains, depressed/demoralized after her groom has run away with a younger woman right during their wedding ceremony. This bride is now Shakespeare's Ophelia, condemned to brood about why she wasn't 'sexy' enough to 'keep her man.' This bride has lost her wedding-day bliss, and the last thing she wants now is McDonald's chicken nuggets. Deadpool might approach this forlorn woman only if to whisper carefully in her sensitized ear, 'Remember Disney's Cinderella'! The woman looks up at Deadpool perhaps and replies, 'All I want right now is a Barbie doll to tear apart'!"

View attachment 214909

"Atlantis, that great fabled disappeared kingdom of incredible imagination...and ambition...was a paragon of human ingenuity, so say the scribes and poets. We remember Atlantis and consider why it was theorized to have been completely submerged under-water. Atlantis was a haven for the playful and a den for jovial scientists, so say the scribes and poets. Deadpool begins to circulate artistic images/renderings of Atlantis, so American consumers just might get the 'gumption' to compare such a 'fabled place' to the jaded-daydreams of modern-day Wall Street. Where is the giddiness towards capitalism itself? Deadpool remains extremely curious..."

View attachment 214910

"As Deadpool presents a small boy with a gold-and-blue Christian cross, the boy wonders why such a strange costumed 'vigilante' wants to 'spread' the message of the Christ with playful/spiritual trinkets of faith. Deadpool gives the boy this token of religion so the boy will think more about the 'accessibility' of religion and therefore, perhaps, less about the 'tangibility' of chaos (e.g., 9/11). Deadpool wants this boy to grow up to become a patriot...and not a terrorist."

View attachment 214911

DEADPOOL: I saw a sad bride sitting in the rain...
BOY: Why are you telling me and why's this Christian cross for me?
DEADPOOL: I want you to someday be JFK.
BOY: I want to be a musician.
DEADPOOL: I'd rather you be JFK than Osama bin Laden.
BOY: I'm not afraid of 9/11.
DEADPOOL: You should be!
BOY: Why?
DEADPOOL: New York is not Atlantis, little boy!
BOY: Of course it is! Atlantis is everywhere...
DEADPOOL: No it isn't; Atlantis is under-water.
BOY: Maybe New York will someday be under-water.
DEADPOOL: No it won't; it won't if you become JFK.
BOY: What's so cool about JFK?
DEADPOOL: We have to celebrate our leaders...so they return the favor.
BOY: Why did President Bill Clinton have an adultery-affair?
DEADPOOL: Clinton wasn't JFK, but he was once a very idealistic leader.
BOY: He's sometimes on TV now...
DEADPOOL: His wife, Hillary Clinton, is a cool and defiant politician!
BOY: Will Jesus Christ return to help humans?
DEADPOOL: America needs more 'pillows' than Atlantis...

====

:1peleas:
upload_2018-9-5_23-49-44.gif

Forum List

Back